Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,928 times

Advertisements

Wow, so based on your post.... a fat broke bald man living in his parent's basement should keep the beer belly, ditch his membership to Bosley Hair Clinic, and just act like like an arrogant ass?

Yeah, that oughta work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 09:53 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Your post sucked. A woman feels attraction for $
nope. and the post was a good one.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:16 AM

339 posts, read 837,155 times
Default Women want a "Type"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EDk0M0UnmAw#!

Have a sexualized stereotype.Every girl has a type. It all comes down to having a look of a guy who....
1. She would have sex with.
2. Has already had sex with.
3. Has always wanted to have sex with.

Examples of female sexual archetypes:

Rockers, Artists, Athletes/jocks, Juice Head/guido,Thug/Bad boy/ Jerk, Rich guys...etc etc

Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 AM

449 posts, read 934,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EDk0M0UnmAw#!

Have a sexualized stereotype.Every girl has a type. It all comes down to having a look of a guy who....
1. She would have sex with.
2. Has already had sex with.
3. Has always wanted to have sex with.

Examples of female sexual archetypes:

Rockers, Artists, Athletes/jocks, Juice Head/guido,Thug/Bad boy/ Jerk, Rich guys...etc etc

That video was absolutely amazing!!! No truer words have ever been spoken.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:46 AM

449 posts, read 934,701 times
The OP is mostly correct with a couple of errors.

Character has nothing to do with anything in the post. I know what the OP is talking about but "Character" is just the wrong word to use. Image might be better.

It is a huge myth that women aren't attracted to looks. They just aren't into the same area of looks that men are. Women are attracted to tall, thin men - the rest is unimportant.

Also, what makes a much bigger difference that how you act is how popular you are. Yes, the old high school mentality is alive and well in the eyes of women. All BS aside, women will judge your value based on your popularity. Google "social exchange theory." That is in essence what the OP is discussing only in greater detail. No woman wants a guy who is a social liability regardless of how confident or alpha he acts. So, the first step is to examine and overcome things that hold you back socially.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
LOL ... the girls in that video were not average. If an average guy wants a girl like that, he probably will have to go the fake tan and fur coat route.

It's astonishing how many times we hear the complaint that trashy, shallow skanks don’t want the "nice" guys. You guys are pursuing women you despise and don’t realize how messed up that is.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:09 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's astonishing how many times we hear the complaint that trashy, shallow skanks don’t want the "nice" guys. You guys are pursuing women you despise and don’t realize how messed up that is.
I usually don't watch these videos, but I did take a look at this one. Well, if that's the type of women our poor "nice" guys want, Satan help them!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:20 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
LOL ... the girls in that video were not average. If an average guy wants a girl like that, he probably will have to go the fake tan and fur coat route.

I want a good woman that is nice and beautiful. I know she exists-out there-but many people do not believe me.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:44 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
That was a good video. It touched on the truth - that you have to have a gimmick, even a lame one, to get the gals.

A certain type of gal, anyway...

Old 01-02-2011, 11:48 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
I want a good woman that is nice and beautiful. I know she exists-out there-but many people do not believe me.
Consider yourself blessed if you find 2 out of 3 of those features.

Say 1/2 the people are good. 1/4 are nice. 1/10 are beautiful.

I'd grab my calculator but my cat is laying on me.....as usual.

Whatever .5 x .25 x .1 =

The number isn't very high.

As for me: being good is a matter of interpretation. Beauty will certainly fade and almost always is coupled with a troublesome personality. She has to have sound ethics and not be mean (nag). Healthy and easy to be with. My odds are about as good as yours. Thats my .02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships