Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:22 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emirate25 View Post
Is it too much to be wanting to date women in their mid 20's? I was telling a co worker that I had gone out on dates with women and they all were in the early to mid 20's. She is like "that's your problem...you should be dating women your age!"

Am I missing something here?
Your problem is you are listening to a female coworker.

Tell her to mind her own business.

Date who you want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 AM

635 posts, read 1,704,918 times
It's not that I am listening to her, it's that I find it annoying on how folks feel that they know what's best for you. I am an open minded person and I am willing to listen to advice, but when you tell me that I am restricted to only a certain age group, that's when it becomes a problem.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:35 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,646,674 times
LOL, what youre missing is the part where you told your co-worker to buzz off LOL She's crazy. Just date whomever you connect with, it's not always going to be someone your age. I've recently been hanging out with a new friend and he's 26; I'm 40. You would never know if you saw us together and if you went out with both of us, we are both equally on point as far as joining in the conversation, knowing current events... etc... I'm rambling but my point is, If you were my age and then dating an 18 year old, that's kind of an issue for me personally as I have a daughter LOL but... like my friend says to me all the time, age is just a number.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:46 AM

635 posts, read 1,704,918 times
I am too immature for an 18 year old...

Old 01-04-2011, 09:59 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,391,849 times
I don't understand the hang up about the age. What's the difference between a woman 25 and 30, or a man 25 and 30? It seems like a extremely trivial point. Now, if you're a 30 year old man dating a 20 year old, that conveys a different impression unless it's just sex and nothing else.

It's none of your co-workers business who you date, whether it's an 80 year old or an 18 year old.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:39 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,645,240 times
Quote:
Women that I dated that are my age or older always have emotional baggage. They've been burned too much on past relationships that they are always have this defensive wall for everything. I don't like going through that. Women that are younger seem to be more easy going and have less emotional baggage.
Instead of worrying about age and making generalizing, how bout first deciding exactly what it is you're looking for? A lot of people go out onto the dating scene with only a vague idea of what they want. Do you want something short-term or long-term? Something serious or something meaningless? Someone who wants kids or doesn't? All of these come into play when you start focusing on specific age groups. I'm in my 30s. I've dated women younger and found that many are just looking for flings. Likewise, I've dated older women and found that many have a "been there done that" attitude when it comes to serious relationships. That's why I focus more on people who want the same things as me and less on what age group they're in. You can notice certain patterns, but still be open-minded.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Women that I dated that are my age or older always have emotional baggage. They've been burned too much on past relationships that they are always have this defensive wall for everything. I don't like going through that. Women that are younger seem to be more easy going and have less emotional baggage.
Yes, I understand *exactly* what you mean there, friend (regarding above comments)

Same deal here...

Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 AM

56 posts, read 121,668 times
21-25 year old women cannot comprehend the thought of marriage. They are basically still growing as young women. They still want attention from random men. They are basically sowing their oats.

27-30 year olds are the best age. IMO. Date women in this age group if you are looking for marriage. The other group is for fun.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 AM

13,630 posts, read 10,034,235 times
Quote:
Is it too much to be wanting to date women in their mid 20's? I was telling a co worker that I had gone out on dates with women and they all were in the early to mid 20's. She is like "that's your problem...you should be dating women your age!"

Am I missing something here?
Just out of interest, how old is your co-worker?
Could it be that she is interested in you?
There may be more to this than meets the ears.
Envy maybe!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:43 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JClyde View Post
21-25 year old women cannot comprehend the thought of marriage. They are basically still growing as young women. They still want attention from random men. They are basically sowing their oats.

27-30 year olds are the best age. IMO. Date women in this age group if you are looking for marriage. The other group is for fun.
Interesting -- I myself have experienced something more of the opposite effect, somewhat similar to the OP. Namely, that the older women I dated, essentially all tended to be colder, more jaded, disillusioned from previous unsuccessful relationships, and probably more than anything else, super-picky and ultra-choosy about the guy they wanted, and they were clear, that I wasn't "it".

The younger women, tended to be more open, friendlier, nicer, and overall, bubblier, but the defining characteristic was "less jaded". I wasn't ultimately romantically successful with them either, but they were still much sweeter, than the older ladies, I think directly because of them being, less jaded from their past relationships not working out as they'd hoped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships