Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,355,262 times

Advertisements

Are you able to love unconditionally, meaning that you may not get it in return?

Would you feel comfortable telling someone that you love them knowing full well that they may care for you or even really like you but don't feel love the same way that you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 09:25 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
Are you able to love unconditionally, meaning that you may not get it in return?

Would you feel comfortable telling someone that you love them knowing full well that they may care for you or even really like you but don't feel love the same way that you do?
Unconditional love is very possible - mother love for a child is just one example.

But you seem to be speaking about UNREQUITED love - a love you feel that the person does not feel in return.

Sure, go ahead and love whoever you want, but don't get stuck on thinking "he's the only one for me!", because if he truly were your "one", he'd love you too.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:38 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,966 times
Quote:

Absolutely...unconditional love is a rare and very precious gift...one of the very best gifts to be treasured, that anyone can ever receive.

If you do love someone, and believe that they love you too, by all means, tell them!! As far as unrequited love, mentioned by another poister, that's a risk we all take, when trying to find love, my friend

I sincerely hope and pray though, that the one you love, loves you too!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Unconditional love is very possible - mother love for a child is just one example.

But you seem to be speaking about UNREQUITED love - a love you feel that the person does not feel in return.

Sure, go ahead and love whoever you want, but don't get stuck on thinking "he's the only one for me!", because if he truly were your "one", he'd love you too.
yeah.

if you're a girl, in my opinion, should not be the first to tell. guys, they go for anything from any remotely attractive girl if theyre lonely or single enough.

wait and see , or move on. goodluck.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,355,262 times
Why shouldn't a woman be the first to say that she loves a guy. Look, if that's how she feels, why play games? The part of it being unconditional is that you can feel it, say it and move on even if the other person doesn't feel the same way. What do you think about that?

Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
Anything is possible.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Why shouldn't a woman be the first to say that she loves a guy. Look, if that's how she feels, why play games? The part of it being unconditional is that you can feel it, say it and move on even if the other person doesn't feel the same way. What do you think about that?
Some men feel threatened emotionally by a woman who declares her love before they feel ready to declare theirs.

Unless this is someone you've been in a steady solid relationships with a long time, it is just risky to say it first as it decreases your odds he'll reciprocate, in my opinion.

Your best bet is to tell him you are developing feelings for him and would like to know if he's interested in pursuing that with you? Don't back him into a corner with the "i love you!" statement right off the bat.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:56 AM

104 posts, read 99,635 times
Quote:

I feel like in life, loving is necessary. Not being loved, but loving people unconditionally and putting your heart out there. And mostly, if you love with your arms wide open and aren't afraid to hide it, then you will come across a lot of good relationships, and a lot of bad. But, to get good, you must run through the bad. Loving opens up a chance for you to be happy, and to experience things that come and go, heartache makes love real.
This is how I feel strongly!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:00 AM

104 posts, read 99,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
yeah.

if you're a girl, in my opinion, should not be the first to tell. guys, they go for anything from any remotely attractive girl if theyre lonely or single enough.

wait and see , or move on. goodluck.

I think that this doesn't matter, I made the first move on Alex, and I accidently said I love you first. Yes, I said it accidently. It just slipped, and it felt natural. He was surprised and said it back. Then, we have been inseparable ever since. Sometimes, when love is really true, how you get to it doesn't matter. In the proper dating world, no, I guess guys should be gentlemen and take care of everything.
One thing I must say, never put more into a relationship than your partner does. If it's unbalanced, there's nothing there. Just a game. You both must put you heart out there equally as much.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:03 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
I unconditionally love humankind. It's people I hate. (There are exceptions.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships