Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 10:11 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times

Advertisements

prostitution will be around as long as there are horny people with money. As long as there is demand there is supply.

You disapprove of promiscuity and prostitution, good. But also realize that there is little you can do to change the world. You can change those around you by positively advocating a moral life as well as leading by example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 10:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Are you aware there are just as many women who frequent the use of male prostitutes?
Not buying this one without some solid references.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:23 AM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
lol, i did not say that buying dinner=she owes sex. i meant that if a man is getting sex, he is paying for it in some form or fashion.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:25 AM

i would not say just as many women use male prostitutes as men that use females. actually most male prostitutes are likely gay. women don't have to pay for sex, if they want it they can get it from some man some where. but some women do pay for it, just so they can get it and be done with it with no fear of him wanting more.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:30 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
i would not say just as many women use male prostitutes as men that use females. actually most male prostitutes are likely gay. women don't have to pay for sex, if they want it they can get it from some man some where. but some women do pay for it, just so they can get it and be done with it with no fear of him wanting more.
But you said that if a man gets sex from a regular woman (not a prostitute), he is paying for in some fashion. Why isn't the same true for a woman, unless you equate buying dinner with "paying for it"? If I "get" sex from a man, wouldn't I therefore have "paid" for it in some way? It doesn't make any sense to assert that men have to "buy" sex from all women, while women only have to "buy" sex from male prostitutes.

When a man takes me somewhere, he is not buying anything from me, even if I have sex with him.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 AM

if he spends money on you, and you end up having sex, then it is an exchange of goods for service. i'm surprised the IRS has not used this arguement to tax sex.

i'm not saying men have to buy sex from all women, but i am saying that a man is not going to get sex without some sort of payment. if some random unknown man just walks up to you and asks for sex, you will at minimum say not hardly. but if that same man were to go to the trouble of getting to know you, court you, wine you and dine you, and nuture your feelings until you want sex, well then you say yes. so yeah, he has paid a price to have sex with you. it may not be directly handing you money, or buying you jewelry, but he has an investment of time and some money in it. a man is not going to get sex from any woman without having something invested in the pursuit of it. if a man wants to have sex with a woman, he has to give her what she wants. for non professional sex workers, this would mean making her happy.

basically you could say i am paying my wife for sex. i cook as often as she does, no matter who cooks i clean up the kitchen, help with the kids, etc.. all to help her out. she appreciates this, and does not have an issue with having sex. but if i were to just sit on my butt and not do anything, eventually the sex would cut out because she would be so mad at me that she did not want to do it. i want to keep her happy, and therefore i do the things it takes. she=happy, means i=happy, means we=sex. simple math, do things for her=sex!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
Yes - but that's true of most pick-up sex. A woman can walk into any singles bar and if she stays until closing time, it won't even matter how she looks, she can snag someone. Why would she want to pay for it? Not likely the bar pick-ups will want anything more than the one night.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
So what is the idea that is being tossed around?

This is one nation where prostitution is looked down upon. In most nations it is par for the course. Look at Italy. The government leader that is being tried for having sex with a 17 year old. Guess what, it wasn't much more that a year or so ago that you could have sex with a 16 year old prostitute in Italy. The laws were recently changed to make the minumum age 18. Still at 18 it is legal. I am wondering if the official had been sleeping with her when she was 16 last year and just never stopped seeing her even though the law changed. In many poorer nations parents have been known to sell their kids into prostitution. No one goes after them for that. In those nations it is legal. You can drive to Mexico today and many cities have neighborhoods that cater to men looking for sex. It is legal there.

In this nation sex sells and as far as I can tell it is not a new thing even though the OP may have just discovered it happening. Look at every check out line in every supermarket and most of the magazines have some kind of sex article. Look at Cosmopolitan, a womans magazine, and you will always see some scantilly clad woman on the cover and an article listed about how to improve your sex life. As David Spade said in one episode of a Movie or sitcom I saw him on, "Reading Cosmo is like having the other teams rule book in front of you", or something to that effect. Now that is something that we should have a discussion on, why do mens magazines have to be covered while a Cosmo can run around naked in the store? LOL

From what I see Prostitution is a job, while promiscuity is a life style choice. Just because someone is a prostitute doesn't mean that they like sex, anymore than it means you like your job. The LA times ran a story about women that were going into the profession because they couldn't make the house payment. many of these women have regular jobs. Many are housewives that are trying to help out with the family finances. Many of those are even heading over to Nevada to work in houses where it is legal.

I would see women all the time at the club that would sleep around as much as any guy ever did. They would never consider prostitution as a way of life, just that they likes sex and the excitement of having someone new for the night. Lets face it the tables have been turned and many women want the same things that men have had for years. Interestingly enough, people don't look down upon a woman for being out there and into sex now adays as in years past. In fact at one College Campus they have started a club where it is considered good to be a ****. Yup it is a state college so part of that states tax dollars are funding it I suppose. LOL.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:12 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
A promiscuous woman is getting what she wants, whatever the motive. Same as the guy. I could make hamburgers and give them out for free but if I charge money, oooh, I need a license and better report it to the I.R.S. When it comes to the law, anytime money is exchanged for services, the gov wants a part of it. It's not about morality but money.
Mostly. There are also self-appointed moral guardians on the religious right who would have apoplexy if prostitution were made legal, just because sex is soooooooo dirty and horrible (unless, of course, you get some from a Congressional aide in the bathroom).

Old 02-19-2011, 12:57 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,993 times
Isn't prostitution the oldest job in the world? I heard that once. Prostitution is wrong though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships