Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:24 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
if he spends money on you, and you end up having sex, then it is an exchange of goods for service. i'm surprised the IRS has not used this arguement to tax sex.

i'm not saying men have to buy sex from all women, but i am saying that a man is not going to get sex without some sort of payment. if some random unknown man just walks up to you and asks for sex, you will at minimum say not hardly. but if that same man were to go to the trouble of getting to know you, court you, wine you and dine you, and nuture your feelings until you want sex, well then you say yes. so yeah, he has paid a price to have sex with you. it may not be directly handing you money, or buying you jewelry, but he has an investment of time and some money in it. a man is not going to get sex from any woman without having something invested in the pursuit of it. if a man wants to have sex with a woman, he has to give her what she wants. for non professional sex workers, this would mean making her happy.

basically you could say i am paying my wife for sex. i cook as often as she does, no matter who cooks i clean up the kitchen, help with the kids, etc.. all to help her out. she appreciates this, and does not have an issue with having sex. but if i were to just sit on my butt and not do anything, eventually the sex would cut out because she would be so mad at me that she did not want to do it. i want to keep her happy, and therefore i do the things it takes. she=happy, means i=happy, means we=sex. simple math, do things for her=sex!
Ah, I see. You regard sex as something a woman gives a man. I don't. I see it as something two people share with one another. To me, sex isn't a cookie that a woman gives to a man for being a good boy. It's something they do together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
i once heard a man that gave a really good example of how i think. he said that a man and woman go to a bar and she sees the man and notices he has the same beer so they lock eyes and she smiles at him then he walks over and starts talking to her. then later on that woman invites him to her apartment and he can do whatever he wants, in the sense of being sexual, and then its 12 o'clock or 1 o'clock at night and he leaves. when he leaves he's hungry so he pulls up to a mcdonalds and orders a small fry and she says 99 cents. so he pulls up to the window and he realizes he forgot his wallet. the person says you have no money, then you get no fries.that same man who had that women he just met for free and yet he cant afford a small bag of greasy fries from mcdonalds. its unbelievable. he cant get any girl he wants, and not literally any girl, but any girl in a sense that is promiscuous.
I'm not following what the problem is, from your point of view. Women who have sex with men who can't afford french fries are bad? Or it's not fair that men with no money get to have sex with random women at bars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 01:37 PM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
no, i just don't know how better to put it.

a man is going to do something or he is not getting any. so in technical terms he IS paying for it one way or another. sure both the man and the woman benefit from the act, but it comes at the woman's discretion. most men are ready at any time, women have to be in the mood and if the man don't act right he is never going to get her there. whether it is done JUST to get sex(we do that sometimes), or whether the man does stuff because he cares and sex is just a fringe benefit of it, it still takes work on both sides. women just usually don't have to work at it as much due to men's nature.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
what I hate about watching those cop shows where they post an undercover chick cop to pose as a prostie is that, in the vast majority of cases, the female cop is a dog. And so when these lame-o losers try to pay someone who's not even pretty for sex it makes other ordinary-looking or tubby or ugle women feel better about themselves, thinking that, "see, she's not that pretty and men want her so I can actually get any man I want and don't have to try and take care of myself or lose weight or look good." This is part of the reason for all the slovenly women with attitudes and false feelings of empowerment.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:40 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ah, I see. You regard sex as something a woman gives a man. I don't. I see it as something two people share with one another. To me, sex isn't a cookie that a woman gives to a man for being a good boy. It's something they do together.

I see what you are saying, but many times men are rewarded, lets say, and allowed to have sex. Women really do controll what happens in the bedroom it seems. I am talking from a married mans point of view here.

Old 02-19-2011, 02:09 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Nice attitude about women there.
If a man is providing goods/favors/money and expecting sex in return then he is a john and no better than the hooker you are claiming all women are.

In polite society- the person asking for a date is expected to pay for the date.
The goal of the date is to enjoy spending time and getting to know the other person with the possible goal of sharing your lives together. Once you become a 'team'- the aim is to do things to make the other person happy for their sake- which makes you happy in return.

Reducing all that to "hey I bought your dinner now you owe me sex"- is terribly sad.

HAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea RIGHT!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:30 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
HAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea RIGHT!
If a woman asks you out and doesn't offer to pay, she is rude.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:46 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Quite honestly I think I have more admiration for a prostitute that earns her wages than a woman who marries some guy simply for the security and the house and the car.
+1 Prostitutes get such a bad rep. They are the most honest women walking the earth.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:59 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
I used to think prostitution should just be legal across the 50 states. Mandate std screenings, liscensing, background checks, and taxes. Since most of them work for themselves, thats about 30% of their income that would be going back to the country, state, whatever.

Its not a profession I could handle mentally, but there are plenty of consenting, functioning adults who may choose this path.

I really see nothing *wrong* with it, although as a woman its a bit threatening knowing my bf or husband could go and pay for sex easily. But couldn't he already?

I had a conversation with a male classmate of mine who said it should stay illegal and felt very strongly about it. He isn't religious but he felt that if it were legal then all men would do it and it would ruin many more relationships than it does now.

He put up a good argument, and now I'm undecided on the topic.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:01 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
what I hate about watching those cop shows where they post an undercover chick cop to pose as a prostie is that, in the vast majority of cases, the female cop is a dog. And so when these lame-o losers try to pay someone who's not even pretty for sex it makes other ordinary-looking or tubby or ugle women feel better about themselves, thinking that, "see, she's not that pretty and men want her so I can actually get any man I want and don't have to try and take care of myself or lose weight or look good." This is part of the reason for all the slovenly women with attitudes and false feelings of empowerment.

Um, why do you care? Whats wrong with women feeling empowered? Just because you don't like them doesn't mean the don't deserve that excitement.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:12 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
That is the dumbest post I ever read!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships