Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2011, 01:49 PM

9 posts, read 8,454 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

I need some advice concerning the following matter.

I got to know a girl from the university I attend. We started to have smaller chats in the school, and this week I asked her out for a drink during a break when we didn't have a class.

My problem is that we are both a bit shy, so could you give me any ideas how to move forward...? I mean what to do next time (if she accepts another invitation). And for me, how to move forward to kiss her some time, because now I feel that it would result in an awkward situation because we just talk without touching each other. So beforehand I need to establish a 'level' to be able to kiss her, but I don't really know how to.

Any reasonable answers will be appreciated ;-)

Thanks very much!
Moricka
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 02:06 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,539 times
just do it.

sincerely,
nike + sydney

Old 02-20-2011, 03:47 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times
do you know if she likes you back? you just said you have chats with her... Just get to know her and dish out some charm (make fun of her a little, crack some jokes, give her an idea of who you are). The kiss will come naturally if she is receptive.

Have you ever had a girlfriend or a kiss before?

Old 02-20-2011, 03:51 PM

50 posts, read 75,813 times
MYM! (make your move)

Best advice given to me.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times
Had some friends over Friday night.

Had met one girl (Friend of a friend) once before.

We all talked, I served everyone (My place)

Caught her looking a few times.

Find an excuse to 'break the touch barrier'

Happened to feed her something (If she accepts, your in. If she takes it and then eats it you could be in, but slow down, or it could be a no)

She stuck around after everyone left. (We were finishing watching something)

And I moved from my chair to the couch.

She sat back on the couch where she was sitting.

I offered to 'trade' her a neck rub. (Having already broken the touch barrier')

After a while I wanted to lay down.

She had no objections and laid down next to me.

After that I let a couple opportunities pass by, and then (you can tell) after a couple kissed her.

-Hope that the mix of what happened combined with advise is understandable.

It's easy, if concerned, do as I do and 'make the next move' after letting a couple opportunities pass by.
It's more sure to be less offensive, and it iwll interest them more.

Old 02-20-2011, 05:17 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Hmmm...maybe you could try to "build up", to a kiss? By holding her hand first a few times, for example?

Also, as a way to a kiss, maybe you could kiss her cheek first, and then as you lean backwards from kissing her cheek, come back forward and kiss her, full on the lips?

Just some possible thoughts...good luck & best wishes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moricka View Post
Hi Guys,

I need some advice concerning the following matter.

I got to know a girl from the university I attend. We started to have smaller chats in the school, and this week I asked her out for a drink during a break when we didn't have a class.

My problem is that we are both a bit shy, so could you give me any ideas how to move forward...? I mean what to do next time (if she accepts another invitation). And for me, how to move forward to kiss her some time, because now I feel that it would result in an awkward situation because we just talk without touching each other. So beforehand I need to establish a 'level' to be able to kiss her, but I don't really know how to.

Any reasonable answers will be appreciated ;-)

Thanks very much!
Moricka

Old 02-20-2011, 08:10 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
If you've only been on one date with her....what's the rush?? she's shy, you're shy...so take your time man, maybe try becoming friends,...don't rush things..if it's meant to happen, you'll know when the time is right.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:16 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,439,343 times
dont feel shy !!! the girl is waiting your kiss!!!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 AM

9 posts, read 8,454 times
Thank you for all of you, guys!
I appreciate your replies ;-)

Old 02-21-2011, 06:47 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,473,973 times
You just gotta do it. Let go of your fear and do it! Alcohol helps a lot too. Drinks are a perfect setup. Have a few drinks, relax, find a good bar with couches or comfortable seating where the two of you are side-by-side instead of across from one another. Wait until you're both relaxed then make your move.

If you are still too shy, you can start by holding her hand. Reach over and gently grab her hand. If she appears uncomfortable or pulls away, then you know she's not into you. If she holds your hand back, or rubs your fingers, or appears happy, then you're golden. Just give it a little more time, talk to her, act like everything is cool. Then make your move and lean in for a kiss. Don't suck her face, just start with gentle kisses. Then if she's receptive, you can go deeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships