Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times

Advertisements

Most people don't really care.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 AM

182 posts, read 298,945 times
True story. Hopefully he wont mind me sharing it---My uncle, Capt Dan and I were walking back to his pickup truck from a little grocery store in rural west Tennessee and came upon 2 redneck white guys verbally harrassing a young black woman who was married to a white guy and was holding a mixed baby in her arms. Capt. Dan walked right over to them,asked the lady to hand him the baby and gave the baby to me to hold. He then walked over and punched BOTH of the rednecks right in the mouth and asked them if they had the cohones to pick on him instead of a defenseless woman! When they started talking about little ni**er babies he smacked one of them again and they both ran away. He gave the young lady his phone # and told her to call him if they ever bothered her again. Uncle Danny,her and her husband are friends to this day!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman51 View Post
True story. Hopefully he wont mind me sharing it---My uncle, Capt Dan and I were walking back to his pickup truck from a little grocery store in rural west Tennessee and came upon 2 redneck white guys verbally harrassing a young black woman who was married to a white guy and was holding a mixed baby in her arms. Capt. Dan walked right over to them,asked the lady to hand him the baby and gave the baby to me to hold. He then walked over and punched BOTH of the rednecks right in the mouth and asked them if they had the cohones to pick on him instead of a defenseless woman! When they started talking about little ni**er babies he smacked one of them again and they both ran away. He gave the young lady his phone # and told her to call him if they ever bothered her again. Uncle Danny,her and her husband are friends to this day!

That's such a good story!!! I'm so proud of our Capt.Dan!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
For sharing your 'journey' here...and you are absolutely correct---if 2 people are good to each other, who cares?

Sometimes I have to pinch myself, and realize this is the month of March in the year 2011...and that some folk out there would have it eternally remain 1965---y'know, that wonderful time when 'nigras knew their place' and didn't even look cross-eyed at white men/women...I am so glad that people basically stood up for themselves and told people who thought like that to 'bleep off', and take that divisive BS somewhere else...

Full disclosure---I'm black, and have never dated interracially myself, but I will say without question that I have no issue whatsoever with those who do...LOL---I am defenitely NOT gonna be that person who gives you the stink-eye or mutters some idiot remark if I see you in public...it's time people grew up and grew out of that nonsense, and learn to live and let live...

*clapping* Indeed and truer words were never spoken.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 AM

19,720 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Damn rednecks..

Awesome story! I wish I could punch more people in the face.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 AM

513 posts, read 897,511 times
i feel the same way as i do about same sex relationships, if it makes the parties involved happy then good for them. i am neither for nor against it, quite frankly it does not concern me so why should i "feel" any way about it?

if my white daughter were to come to me in 10 years and say she was in love with a black female, i would congradulate her. my daddy and grandfather would roll over in their graves, but it does not bother me.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesux View Post
i feel the same way as i do about same sex relationships, if it makes the parties involved happy then good for them. i am neither for nor against it, quite frankly it does not concern me so why should i "feel" any way about it?

if my white daughter were to come to me in 10 years and say she was in love with a black female, i would congradulate her. my daddy and grandfather would roll over in their graves, but it does not bother me.
Agreed and same with me, my grandfather was the only person in my family who would have freaked out LOL - he's gone now but the rest of my family could care less what I'm doing. They are all very open minded and laid back.
For the record I have two kids, a son who is turning 21 and a daughter who is about to turn 23. They have both dated outside of their race and with their own race.... as long as they are happy and well cared for, that's the most important thing. I support them in their decisions of who they date. Their father? Well he's not as open as I am but he loves his kids and I think he'd deal with it.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:28 AM

138 posts, read 219,564 times
Quote:
I remember Dannys daughter telling me this story! The man has got some brass ones! Thats for sure! For being a rough and tumble sorta guy,he really has a soft spot for women,kids and those who cant stick up for themselves! I'll stop now so this stuff doesnt go to the Capts head!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
Interracial relationships are just wrong.

Studies show that people born of different enithicites come out not only funny looking but have a lower I.Q as well.

I think we should all stick to our culture, and skin color.

Nothing sickens me more then two people of a different skin color holding hands.

I mean....look at it. It's so wrong.

just kidding.....

Old 03-02-2011, 09:21 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbone View Post
Does it make you incomfortable to see mixed marriages and babies.
Absolutely not. I think love between any two human beans is beautimus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships