Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:55 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Some people don't believe in marraige because they believe it contradicts our natural attractions to others. If it's wrong to be attracted to someone else besides your spouse, then theoretically you shouldn't be married. Is there anyone who can honestly say they aren't attracted to anyone else beside their spouse? Even a little? Even if it doesn't nearly amount to the attraction you have for your spouse?

Do you think happy life-long marraiges will become a rarer thing in the future? Today there are many divorces, unlike decades before.

Why do or don't you believe in marraige?

by the way I am in love with someone if you're wondering

Oh sure you will be attracted or at least catch a glimpse of a hottie without the wife seeing you. That's all it is though. A glimpse.

Then we realize how at one time our wives were just as hot. Then we realize we were once a hottie too.

Our view of attractiveness changes over time. It was the way she would swing those hips while she walked to the way she shuffles with her walker. It's not as physical anymore but more of a mental thing. We grow old together. We lean on each other in different ways now. Literally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM

614 posts, read 1,376,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
And will all due respect, I think you're wrong.

"the institution of marriage pre-dates reliable recorded history, many cultures have legends concerning the origins of marriage. The way in which a marriage is conducted and its rules and ramifications has changed over time, as has the institution itself, depending on the culture or demographic of the time."

Marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WOW!! does anyone really care where the idea came from? It's an OLD one and we know EVERYTHING changes. Old ideas no matter how good or bad change, I do not believe in getting married isin't the main goal in life is to be happy? If getting married does that for you then do it, if not then don't.

Every girlfriend I had seemed to want to get married I can't get lucky like some people that find females that don't want to get married. Now that would make me happy. But until then I will continue to read these crazy articles on BS.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,312,552 times
I find other people attractive, but I'm not attracted TO them. There is a world of difference.

There are a lot of people with happy long-term marriages, but this may sometimes occur at the second marriage rather than the first. Some good people make the mistake of marrying a bad person, before they finally get smart and find another good person. This tends to overestimate the negative aspects of marriage. In most divorces I've known about there is one bad person and one innocent victim. The innocent victim usually goes on to marry another good person and lives happily forever after. The "bad" person usually tends to go into serial bad relationships / marriages and are alone and ostracized in their older age.

If people are honest about not wanting to get married it would be for the best. Marriage isn't necessary for everyone.

Last edited by miyu; 03-08-2011 at 09:35 AM..

Old 03-08-2011, 09:31 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,510 times
After paying tooo much to get rid of 2 ex husbands; I no longer believe in marriage. Not just the money aspect that caused the disillusionment, but the reality of life in this day and age. I would "like" to believe but am a realist.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:47 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,474,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Oh sure you will be attracted or at least catch a glimpse of a hottie without the wife seeing you. That's all it is though. A glimpse.

Then we realize how at one time our wives were just as hot. Then we realize we were once a hottie too.

Our view of attractiveness changes over time. It was the way she would swing those hips while she walked to the way she shuffles with her walker. It's not as physical anymore but more of a mental thing. We grow old together. We lean on each other in different ways now. Literally.
I'm not attracted to old people and can't imagine myself ever being attracted to old people (even when I'm old).

That's one of the reasons I'm never getting married...I have no desire to grow old with someone

My mom's explanation for why my grandparents stay married: they want to grow old together

Old 03-08-2011, 12:50 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,878,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I'm not attracted to old people and can't imagine myself ever being attracted to old people (even when I'm old).

That's one of the reasons I'm never getting married...I have no desire to grow old with someone

My mom's explanation for why my grandparents stay married: they want to grow old together
i find as i get older my tastes in women go along with me, when I was a teen ager i liked teenage girls, in my 20's i like girls in their 20's, and now in my 30's, I like girls in their 30's. Its hard to predict what you will prefer as you get older. You are looking at the older person from your young perspective its impossible to know what the older you will think.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
i find as i get older my tastes in women go along with me, when I was a teen ager i liked teenage girls, in my 20's i like girls in their 20's, and now in my 30's, I like girls in their 30's. Its hard to predict what you will prefer as you get older. You are looking at the older person from your young perspective its impossible to know what the older you will think.
If you're in your 30s, you're not overly old.

I'm attracted to some women in their 30s.

By old, I meant 60s and 70s

Old 03-08-2011, 01:22 PM

380 posts, read 795,932 times
Quote:
If you're in your 30s, you're not overly old.

I'm attracted to some women in their 30s.

By old, I meant 60s and 70s

Well, good luck when your 60/70 leering at women in their 20's/30's. Im sure that will go over swimmingly for you.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky86 View Post
Well, good luck when your 60/70 leering at women in their 20's/30's. Im sure that will go over swimmingly for you.
When I'm 70, I'd rather check out 30 year olds that aren't into me than be married to a 70 year old

Old 03-08-2011, 01:28 PM

380 posts, read 795,932 times
Quote:
When I'm 70, I'd rather check out 30 year olds that aren't into me than be married to a 70 year old
Im aware of what you said. Again, good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships