Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:38 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yeah - a relationship should be enjoyable. I mean - you'll always have your ups and downs - but it should still make you happy. As Charlotte says in Sex and the City (I'm paraphrasing) - I'm happy everyday. Not all day every day, but every day. My husband makes me happy everyday. Certainly not all day of every single day - but I really am happy everyday.

OMG, you quoted from a sitcom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 08:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
By getting married and spending $$$ on a overpriced ring?

No man, he's going to regret giving up a good job.
Success is all about taking risks... opportunity knocks once... is the ring overpriced, blame that on DeBeers, not the woman...

Old 03-22-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite ryder View Post
most young people like yourself are not smart enough to ask older people what they think, so, to start off, congratulations on thinking ahead. If you continue with your plans to buy a house you will be one step ahead of the game, that is a good plan, you will never find housing as cheap as it is right now. if you give in to this young woman's wishes, you will be expected to do this the rest of your married life. i gave my son this advice some 25 years ago, and it went in one ear and out the other. I told him that someday he would get tired of giving in and letting her make all the decisions. He has reached that day in his life and it is going to be expensive to start over. Getting married to a woman like the one you are in love with is a mistake. I'll say that again, just so you will know you know i mean it. Getting married to a woman like the one you are in love with is a mistake. Getting her own way is more important to her than her love for you. That should be a huge warning signal to you. I wish i could say this all more clearly so you would understand it. Don't get married to someone you know will cause problems later on in your marriage, if you do, you will regret it. Take it from an old geezer, who has been there and done that. Stop your relationship with her while you are still ahead. If nothing else, just ease out of it until you are not seeing her as often.

+1

Old 03-22-2011, 08:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
OMG, you quoted from a sitcom?
OMG, I quoted a movie! The quote stuck with me because that's how I feel. I'm happy with my husband every day. Nobody should have to settle and nobody should be in a relationship that is more work than play.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Success is all about taking risks... opportunity knocks once... is the ring overpriced, blame that on DeBeers, not the woman...
Women are different, they are like buses, if you miss one, there will be another one coming in the next 15min.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
OMG, I quoted a movie! The quote stuck with me because that's how I feel. I'm happy with my husband every day. Nobody should have to settle and nobody should be in a relationship that is more work than play.
Ok, I can respect that.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Women are different, they are like buses, if you miss one, there will be another one coming in the next 15min.
Replace "women" with "men" and the same saying holds true!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Replace "women" with "men" and the same saying holds true!
Yes, Ma'am.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:53 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Sometimes the better bus was the one that left 15 minutes ago... you don't want to be standing out in the cold night finding out that there are no more buses for the night...

Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sometimes the better bus was the one that left 15 minutes ago... you don't want to be standing out in the cold night finding out that there are no more buses for the night...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships