Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 06:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
some of the posters reallly need to learn skills such as reading comprehension. One person reads something the OP wrote out of context and then others blindly jump in based on what that person says, its insane. Its like an online lynch mob! She said she was AGAINST the scale multiple times, YET there are posters that keep harping on about it. And the accusations that she has a princess attitude, where is that coming from? If anything the lynchmob are acting like princesses.
And based on other posts I have read from these posters, they cannot get girls so in their skewed logic ALL Women are at fault for this lack of success, heaven forbid it's their own fault.

haha - I think I've mentioned this a few times already
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 06:58 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
haha - I think I've mentioned this a few times already
I agree! All these "happy" 35-40yr old never married guys who would have us believe women are banging down their doors but they have been lucky enough to escape the trap! Really then why so bitter??

Old 03-22-2011, 07:02 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellea View Post
I am obsessed with pretty much all other portions of city-data.com, so how I never migrated into the relationships forum before is beyond me.

I'm a recently single mother (2 yr old twin boys). I was with their father for 4 years and after YEARS of wanting to leave, I finally got the courage. I was having high expectations of hopefully one day finding someone who would love and respect me. That was until I came across all of the topics on single moms in this forum. People have some pretty nasty things to say about single moms.

One thing in particular that depressed me was a kid who said that single moms had to lower their standards because they were desperate. So a 10 woman, who would normally date 10s, would be left to date 6s if she were a mom. Brutal. And then the whole stereotype of single moms looking for a replacement father/financial support. Is that REALLY what men think about single mothers?

Am I, a 26 year old, college educated, successful, hard working, attractive woman, destined to lower my standards and get stereotyped continuously just because I am a single mother?
Some of these guys in here are losers and couldn't get a date if their life depended on it so don't come in to this forum thinking that their opinions are the opinions of most men. Usually someone that has it together and has the same interests as you will be someone that will not care that you have 2 kids. There's alot of guys on here that will tell you that you don't have to lower your standards to have a man attracted to you.

I was stunned at some of the insensitive things that some of the men on this forum say when I first came on here but you will find that mostly it is the same men that say the most cruelest things and then wonder why they can't get a date and it must be the women.

You'll find someone that is educated, successful and hardworking that would love you and your kids so hang in there.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:06 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
I agree, I do not believe for a second these guys are really succesful with women like they would like us to believe. Guys that are getting girls generally do not have the resentment these guys do, they are too busy having fun.

My original point in this thread is the poster shouldnt lower her standards. People can want what they want, you cannot force someone to want something they don't. But it does not mean they will get what they want, so expections will have to be lowered, patience increased. The OP whether she likes to realize or not has to dip into a smaller pool now that she has children, is it right or wrong? No its just the way it is.

Perhaps the lowering of expections is something the angry men should probably practice as well.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,645,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Some of these guys in here are losers and couldn't get a date if their life depended on it so don't come in to this forum thinking that their opinions are the opinions of most men. Usually someone that has it together and has the same interests as you will be someone that will not care that you have 2 kids. There's alot of guys on here that will tell you that you don't have to lower your standards to have a man attracted to you.

I was stunned at some of the insensitive things that some of the men on this forum say when I first came on here but you will find that mostly it is the same men that say the most cruelest things and then wonder why they can't get a date and it must be the women.

You'll find someone that is educated, successful and hardworking that would love you and your kids so hang in there.
Some of these men aren't a loser and have a gal who really likes them for a change! Now I've said my peace and promised to back off. Men don't like to labeled as losers. Especially from women who don't meet certain qualifications.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:12 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
You'll find someone that is EDUCATED, successful and hardworking that would love you and your kids so hang in there.
Rats, I'm out.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:12 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Some of these men aren't a loser and have a gal who really likes them for a change! Now I've said my peace and promised to back off. Men don't like to labeled as losers. Especially from women who don't meet certain qualifications.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
I agree, I do not believe for a second these guys are really succesful with women like they would like us to believe. Guys that are getting girls generally do not have the resentment these guys do, they are too busy having fun.

My original point in this thread is the poster shouldnt lower her standards. People can want what they want, you cannot force someone to want something they don't. But it does not mean they will get what they want, so expections will have to be lowered, patience increased. The OP whether she likes to realize or not has to dip into a smaller pool now that she has children, is it right or wrong? No its just the way it is.

Perhaps the lowering of expections is something the angry men should probably practice as well.
I think most of these guys standards would
just require a pulse!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:14 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Quote:
agreed, some of the posters have taken their 'rant' too far and it reeks of resentment.
Not only resentment but bitterness and it's usually the same people over and over again. It's very sad that someone can't come in here and not be dealt with harshly but with compassion.

I know I come off sometimes verbally abusive to some that say the same cruel, heartless things over and over again. I have to learn to turn the other way and bite my tongue but it's hard when you see someone that is hurting and is looking for someone to listen and give them honest, good advice and then have someone that is so heartless, cold and cruel to say something to make them feel even worse about the situation and themselves.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
There is a lot of mud being thrown around. I'm going to turn the hose on the lot of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships