Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:14 AM

817 posts, read 811,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoloso View Post
Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Short Women: Top Demand
Tall Men: Second most demand
Tall Women: Third most demand
Short Men: Near Zero demand (circumstantial).

Taller women may not be as preferred as their compact counterparts, but they're still the choice for models, leggy attractiveness, do well in the business world (most female CEOs, respected business women) and sports. When we stop seeing the George Costanzas and Bud Bundys (short losers, living with parents, failure w/women, etc) on TV, and we see short male models, then maybe it would be another story.
Exactly, this is what I said a while ago, the only way out for short men is to go after fat/overweight women or go for the ones with a lot of emotional baggage who are the left overs of the taller men. The only short men that even have a chance at a decent woman are the ones who are extremely rich. Sorry guys but that is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 09:33 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoloso View Post
Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Short Women: Top Demand
Tall Men: Second most demand
Tall Women: Third most demand
Short Men: Near Zero demand (circumstantial).

Taller women may not be as preferred as their compact counterparts, but they're still the choice for models, leggy attractiveness, do well in the business world (most female CEOs, respected business women) and sports. When we stop seeing the George Costanzas and Bud Bundys (short losers, living with parents, failure w/women, etc) on TV, and we see short male models, then maybe it would be another story.

Hmmm...I know some of the more exclusive clubs in NYC have a minimum height requirement for women. Apparently the wealthy men like them tall.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:15 AM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
All that glitters is not gold Wise men said that, over and over and over.

I think they always get old, then get wise and leave such incredible soundbites to posterity.

The brains get it but the penis doesn't , also maybe coz as you get older and wiser, the penis gets weaker and Pfizer didn't exist back in the day of Aesop and Livy

And they were all misquoting Shakespeare's "All that glisters is not gold".

Old 04-02-2011, 11:56 AM

56 posts, read 171,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Exactly, this is what I said a while ago, the only way out for short men is to go after fat/overweight women or go for the ones with a lot of emotional baggage who are the left overs of the taller men. The only short men that even have a chance at a decent woman are the ones who are extremely rich. Sorry guys but that is the truth.
I hate to say, but this seems to be true. The short guys get the left overs the tall guys don't want. Also, a short guy can only get taller by standing on a big wallet.

Old 04-02-2011, 03:43 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,108,600 times
Luckily, most of the women I've been interested in have usually been at or around the same height as I am.(5'8-9ish)

Only reason I gripe about my height was due to being the product of a short mom and tall dad.

6'7 vs 5'1 and I felt like I got the lower end of this stick.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in AZ View Post
I'm done being sensitive to the short guys. Deal with it like I have to! I'm taller than average (5'8") and get rejected for it.

Maybe we can commiserate but don't be a hypocrite.

One subject we can agree on are shorties only wanting the tall dudes. Like a 5' 2" girl with a 6'3" guy. This doesn't apply to those who connected on other levels, just those petites who love to climb all over giants. Bah!
I love tall women, especially those with an athletic body type. But, as a shorter guy I don't think this is going to happen. Even though I did date a 5'9" volleyball player a few years ago.

I don't get the whole short women only wanting tall, and most of the time really tall men. Seems like it would be best to be with someone around your own height.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:25 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
I don't complain about my height. God gifted me with a 5'6 frame and I'm basically built like a truck. I'm proud and the women I've been with have been pleased

Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't complain about my height. God gifted me with a 5'6 frame and I'm basically built like a truck. I'm proud and the women I've been with have been pleased
Some of the most toughest guy I've ever been scared of we're under 6 foot.........

Old 04-03-2011, 09:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some of the most toughest guy I've ever been scared of we're under 6 foot.........
Lol, I'd like to think that I would be one of the nicest, most approachable guys one could meet around my area. I try to keep a smile on my face as often as possible, and laugh heartily.

I got a temper though, but that takes a long while to work up, since I work with a bunch of guys who love ripping on everyone

Old 04-04-2011, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Lol, I'd like to think that I would be one of the nicest, most approachable guys one could meet around my area. I try to keep a smile on my face as often as possible, and laugh heartily.

I got a temper though, but that takes a long while to work up, since I work with a bunch of guys who love ripping on everyone
Great...Another short guy who gives the rest of us a bad name by having a Napoleon Complex. You should know that shorter men are not allowed to have a temper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships