Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,880,069 times

Advertisements

lest we forget FWB (Friends with benefits)

Old 05-30-2011, 09:56 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,084,341 times
I like PITA

Old 05-30-2011, 09:57 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,880,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I like PITA
me too!!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I like PITA
Me, too. I wouldn't mind spelling them out. I think some of them (like PITA and WTF) perhaps came about because they're being censored by the software on forums.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:58 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,633,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
During the 70's when I was knee high to a grasshopper... i was inundated with bands like Led Zeplin, I used to always be around guys 5 to 10 yrs older then me.... so I sorta ID band from the late 70's to that..... in growing on my own... I grew up with bands like Metallica...... they broke in the mid 80's and have been around since......

I don't know what bands have been seminal since... no one sticks out in my mind as being around any length of time...... please fill me in.....

(this as Kings of Leon play)
Same with me, bro, but I think I have a few years on you. Zeppelin, Floyd, Tull, Deep Purple, Cream - a lot of it I picked up from my older brother and it pretty much stuck with me.

Since I'm in the club now I'm exposed a lot more (wait for it!) to newer music, most of which in my opinion is fit only to accompany Inquisitional torture. A few singles are OK, especially the alternative rock that my ladyfriend turned me on to, but most of it is vapid, boring stuff.

And don't even get me started on hard-core rap!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,206,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
FH, DH, IL, ....WTF!

Are we all trying to be like our teenage daughters suddenly?

Can't you people at least type out the word once so we we know what the hell you're talking about?
TEOTWAWKI has happened. FWIW, IMO it gets harder to fathom all the abbreviations. So GOOML you younglings.

BTW: I took FH to mean Future husband, but it might have been his initials Fred Hundingsbana

Last edited by MattB4; 05-30-2011 at 10:07 AM..

Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,701,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
During the 70's when I was knee high to a grasshopper... i was inundated with bands like Led Zeplin, I used to always be around guys 5 to 10 yrs older then me.... so I sorta ID band from the late 70's to that..... in growing on my own... I grew up with bands like Metallica...... they broke in the mid 80's and have been around since......

I don't know what bands have been seminal since... no one sticks out in my mind as being around any length of time...... please fill me in.....

(this as Kings of Leon play)
The Seattle grunge explosion, for one. Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Stone Temple Pilots aren't from Seattle but they're still rockin, as are the Foo Fighters.

Another great hard rock band is Clutch. They started off with a more hardcore sound but recently have been sounding more bluesy. I love their work.

Dream Theater and Tool are notable progressive metal bands, definitely a trip (especially Dream Theater).

Surely you know Nine Inch Nails? They basically finished a couple years ago, but they've been making material since '89.

e: Phil I agree. I don't mind listening to Top 40 pop/hip-hop in the car if it's someone else's car, but I never listen to it on my own volition. That's why I don't like clubs... I'd rather go to a seedy dive bar that plays hard rock. Or even a country bar (and I don't even listen to country).

Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 AM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Same with me, bro, but I think I have a few years on you. Zeppelin, Floyd, Tull, Deep Purple, Cream - a lot of it I picked up from my older brother and it pretty much stuck with me.

Since I'm in the club now I'm exposed a lot more (wait for it!) to newer music, most of which in my opinion is fit only to accompany Inquisitional torture. A few singles are OK, especially the alternative rock that my ladyfriend turned me on to, but most of it is vapid, boring stuff.

And don't even get me started on hard-core rap!
Every generation says this.... but music now really does suck........

I say this growing up and digging the cheesy hair metal bands of the 80's.......

Music is f ing garbage.... the justin biebers of the world have taken over...... rap, while I don't care for it.... back in the 80's at least it meant something... now its coporate controlled ran by stuffy old f cking white men...... garbage......

Old 05-30-2011, 10:08 AM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
The Seattle grunge explosion, for one. Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Stone Temple Pilots aren't from Seattle but they're still rockin, as are the Foo Fighters.

Another great hard rock band is Clutch. They started off with a more hardcore sound but recently have been sounding more bluesy. I love their work.

Dream Theater and Tool are notable progressive metal bands, definitely a trip (especially Dream Theater).

Surely you know Nine Inch Nails? They basically finished a couple years ago, but they've been making material since '89.

e: Phil I agree. I don't mind listening to Top 40 pop/hip-hop in the car if it's someone else's car, but I never listen to it on my own volition. That's why I don't like clubs... I'd rather go to a seedy dive bar that plays hard rock. Or even a country bar (and I don't even listen to country).
I was listening to 90s band like them while you were still sucking on your mama's *****...... LOl.....

I was with Nirvana from the second they broke til Kurt blew his head off...........

Old 05-30-2011, 10:08 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,701,155 times
lol

listening to this right now, it's cool

YouTube - ‪The Fibonacci in Lateralus‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships