Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 PM

6 posts, read 5,300 times

Advertisements

I've never had a man use a coupon on a date. I would think that he was on a shoestring budget and couldn't afford to date me. I am a hot house orchid after all. **preens**

I'd be more impressed by someone who spent their spare time improving their earning potential rather than by clipping coupons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There are plenty of opportunities to be smart with money - a first date isn't one of them.
I agree. If I'm going to get worried about 20 bucks here or there, it won't be in a situation where I'm trying to put my best foot forward.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You've never met my sister's first husband.

He loved to shop in 99cents stores, which is fine (to each its own, I consider it a hobby, like garage sales) It turned crazy when he found out that there is a 97cents store which is 10 blocks further from the 99 cents store and carried the same merchandise. Rain or shine, he would walk to the 97 cents store.
There are some men like that. It's painful. Somebody I know shops for groceries only with her husband and only what he approves of is bought! I've no idea how she lives with him... That's just one example... He's a total control freak.

You know how I hate the general excitement about free food in this country, for instance. If I hear a comment like this from a man, it affects me as a cold shower! You don't live in Somalia, for Pete's sake! You can certainly get yourself some food!

For the record, I try to stretch money as much as possible myself (meaning I won't overpay if I don't have to and I'll use whatever deal I can), I'm extremely responsible, my credit scores are above 800, and my only debt is my mortgage. However, I can't stand cheap men.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
...the general excitement about free food...
Say whaaaaaaat?

I must be living under a rock.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Say whaaaaaaat?

I must be living under a rock.
I don't know... Everybody in my office, for example, gets really excited about free food! Sometimes I'd discuss with some how I don't want to go to office parties and they'd say "but there's free food"! I don't want to go to an office party even if I get a pair of lobsters! Same goes for a crappy date, btw.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I don't know... Everybody in my office, for example, gets really excited about free food! Sometimes I'd discuss with some how I don't want to go to office parties and they'd say "but there's free food"! I don't want to go to an office party even if I get a pair of lobsters! Same goes for a crappy date, btw.
That's very odd behavior. Do you work with otherwise normal people?

Old 04-27-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
That's very odd behavior.
Well, my office is not the only place I've heard comments like this...

Quote:
Do you work with otherwise normal people?
As normal as we all are... Yes, it's a professional environment and everybody makes enough to have all the food they need!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,801,652 times
Quote:
Sure. You do it your way and good luck with that ('cause you'll need it)!
Need what? Sure you have pay more.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,801,652 times
Quote:
There are some men like that. It's painful. Somebody I know shops for groceries only with her husband and only what he approves of is bought! I've no idea how she lives with him... That's just one example... He's a total control freak.

You know how I hate the general excitement about free food in this country, for instance. If I hear a comment like this from a man, it affects me as a cold shower! You don't live in Somalia, for Pete's sake! You can certainly get yourself some food!

For the record, I try to stretch money as much as possible myself (meaning I won't overpay if I don't have to and I'll use whatever deal I can), I'm extremely responsible, my credit scores are above 800, and my only debt is my mortgage. However, I can't stand cheap men.
Frugal is the right term.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,009 times
Hmmm..NO! I AM 37 and I never have and never will!!!!

I call it pre-conditioning..

My sister and I had it drilled into our heads that we were "Little ladies" and ladies do not ask men out..period..end of story.

I believe word for word it went a little like this..."You are a lady, you do not pursue men nor parade around like you do, if a man wantsto know you and ask you out then he will pursue you."
So yeah that pretty much sums it up from this poster...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships