Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,775,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And if the woman is a non believer or doesnt subscribe to christian doctrine? Ive know religious men who have beaten their wives and children, gamble, cheat and sleep around but still go to church faithfully once or twice a week. a good friend recently left her abusive god fearing husband because he beat their son.

Going to church doesnt make you any more moral than anyone else, nor does it inherently make you a better partner.
1. Then perhaps its time that such a woman start looking at her OWN lifestyle doctrine and see how its served her , and to consider that she will one day give account to the way she chose to live her life (in rejection of the Creator of the Universe) . If a woman wants to find a good catch, shes going to have to be a good catch herself and for the correct reasons. Theres tons of very eligible men (and women) at local churches who are diamonds in the rough waiting to be befriended.

2. We've all known church goers who are abusive and who dont live up to the teachings of Christ, but that doesnt negate the Ones that are very sincere in their Walk and who have had a dramatic change of heart since coming to know Christ. Right ? It is the latter than im referring to ; its the latter that women really want (and need) in a Man. Put another way : Real Men love Jesus. Have you ever seen that sticker / t shirt ? Men dont turn into great decent Guys from being immersed in our present self consumed / sexually immoral driven / narcisstic building Culture --- they become a threat .

3. Going to church is a start toward finding the One who DOES change the heart of a person ; its not thru the repititious practice of religiosity but thru a real life changing experience thru coming to know The Creator on a very personal level of knowledge and commitment. And its that which does make a person a better partner .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 04:09 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,895 times
I'm not an athiest myself, but I've read that athiests have the lowest divorce rates of any religious affiliation. Just take that under consideration.

I will agree that church is not a bad place to meet someone if you're at least somewhat spiritual. It's one more outlet at least.

I also disagree that it's so hard to find a decent man. If a woman can't find a decent man, most likely her judgement of character is seriously off.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:29 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,211 times
Church/Temple/Mosque are all great places to make connections but you will still run into the same women in a places of worship. Even in church you have to treat these type of woman like they're on a job interview because if they're really searching to build their spirituality, then a man will be the last thing she's looking for. Gotta find her self before she starts walking in the same circles of consternation.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,401,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I'm not an athiest myself, but I've read that athiests have the lowest divorce rates of any religious affiliation. Just take that under consideration.

I will agree that church is not a bad place to meet someone if you're at least somewhat spiritual. It's one more outlet at least.

I also disagree that it's so hard to find a decent man. If a woman can't find a decent man, most likely her judgement of character is seriously off.
I guess the Church is sort of the last place for me. I have nothing against church (since I am a believer myself), but I prefer meeting another Christian men (if possible) outside of a church AND then go to his church to check it out.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
1. Then perhaps its time that such a woman start looking at her OWN lifestyle doctrine and see how its served her , and to consider that she will one day give account to the way she chose to live her life (in rejection of the Creator of the Universe) . If a woman wants to find a good catch, shes going to have to be a good catch herself and for the correct reasons. Theres tons of very eligible men (and women) at local churches who are diamonds in the rough waiting to be befriended.

2. We've all known church goers who are abusive and who dont live up to the teachings of Christ, but that doesnt negate the Ones that are very sincere in their Walk and who have had a dramatic change of heart since coming to know Christ. Right ? It is the latter than im referring to ; its the latter that women really want (and need) in a Man. Put another way : Real Men love Jesus. Have you ever seen that sticker / t shirt ? Men dont turn into great decent Guys from being immersed in our present self consumed / sexually immoral driven / narcisstic building Culture --- they become a threat .

3. Going to church is a start toward finding the One who DOES change the heart of a person ; its not thru the repititious practice of religiosity but thru a real life changing experience thru coming to know The Creator on a very personal level of knowledge and commitment. And its that which does make a person a better partner .
So much arrogance for a self proclaimed christian. My lifestyle and choices have served me well without your so called 'creator'. I have a fantastic life, and am generally very happy. I would prefer not to be with a fundamentalist of any religion, especially not one that treats women as second class citizens.

Im friends with people of many types of religions and from my experience I do not get along in a romantic manner with Overtly religious people, and perhaps that's why my last 3 relationships were with non believers

Old 08-11-2011, 04:58 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,006,797 times
Quote:
So much arrogance for a self proclaimed christian. My lifestyle and choices have served me well without your so called 'creator'. I have a fantastic life, and am generally very happy. I would prefer not to be with a fundamentalist of any religion, especially not one that treats women as second class citizens.

Im friends with people of many types of religions and from my experience I do not get along in a romantic manner with Overtly religious people, and perhaps that's why my last 3 relationships were with non believers

You know I'm a believer and I don't push. i do not follow the bible or Christianity to a T, but I will use them as general guidelines in life, which has given me few regrets in this respect.

And I've dated people of other religions and one who was atheist. Religious views were never an issue in relationships. So there are people like me out there.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Braunwyn, in a way you do live in a "super bubble" working in bio-tech, and probably living among the people you work with. Same for me in nuclear.

The people we think of as "not the sharpest tool in the shed" are only dull in comparison to the other "tools" in *our* sheds - when you get out into the true general public, which people in industries like ours typically don't do very often - you see the "asshats" all over. They are simply not very bright, and this spills over into their work lives, love lives, etc. etc.
I know there are a variety of social circles, and maybe that could be deemed a bubble, but I figure folk choose their circles. Or at the very least belong in them.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,175,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Is it really to do with the quality of the men out there or are they simply too picky, holding out for something which does not exist or is so rare in real life? Their criteria often sounds simple enough: someone caring, kind, funny, smart blah blah, these traits aren't exactly rare, yet women complain they can't find Mr. Right or even get a decent date. Fellas, doesn't that annoy you somewhat? They complain because out of the dozens of suitors none meets their lofty standards (or rather, they ***** and moan about the last three when they knew they were getting themselves into ) while a lot of guys can't even find a woman to be abusive to him? lol

Or maybe the other answer, that what you see on TV isn't a real reflection on real life, and is full of women who think they don't really need men, yet constantly whine and complain that they can't find that special someone.
Perfect example of one upmanship...lol...generalizing..grossly...

Old 08-12-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Church/Temple/Mosque are all great places to make connections but you will still run into the same women in a places of worship. Even in church you have to treat these type of woman like they're on a job interview because if they're really searching to build their spirituality, then a man will be the last thing she's looking for. Gotta find her self before she starts walking in the same circles of consternation.
Building a relationship with God is an ongoing daily thing, and no matter where you are on that road...a Woman (or Man) can accomodate in their life a nice opposite sex Friend / Relationship / Marriage .

Old 08-12-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:

I dont find any arrogance in what i said ; a man/woman who is thoroughly immersed in the world given todays cultural lifestyle philosophies is trained unto narcissism . And thats relentlessly foisted upon American Society in all facets of our Media . One may think that their life is going well by rejecting the Creator all of ones life, but it is the greatest deception ever and one which doesnt end well in the final analysis . However, God gives us that freewill choice . Christianity doesnt treat women as 'second class citizens' ..in fact, it was Jesus himself that restored dignity and infinite worth to the women of his day and that has been carried forth by those who practice real Christianity .

If you are a willful non Follower of God/Christ, then you should be concentrating on spending time with the same , otherwise , youll be whats called Un-equally yoked and it will cause great strife. Lastly, EVERYONE is religious in the sense that we all have a firm set of standards/philosophy/worldview/desires that compete for our attention and therefore is acted out on ; everyone has something that they worship..whether it be the Creators rightful place or Self or things. So even atheism (Secular Humanism) is religious..and in fact the U.S. Government sees Humanism as an established Religion.

Give God a chance with your life and youll be satisfying your ultimate purpose in being here in this time in history. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships