Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:36 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
For some reason, I thought I'd score higher but then I wasn't expecting those kinds of questions (not that I think I would ever cheat). I was expecting different kinds of questions though, which I would score weak on.
That's one of the classical weaknesses of tests like this - it all depends upon the questions asked.

Quote:
Edit to add....I was peeking through the rest of the website. They have some fun reading on there and some other interesting quizzes. I'm going to bookmark it for when I have some downtime.
Yes, I Stumbled-Upon it while going through Relationships sites and thought it was interesting enough to bookmark.

*sigh*...Bookmark #3,637. As if I could ever live long enough to go back and revisit them all...

Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
15----ummm...should I tell the s.o.? Hahaha

"You rate as: High risk promiscuity - 15 to 20 points

People in this bracket will have a tendency towards excitement, novelty and risk-taking, seeking these out through high-octane activities (from skydiving to working on the trading floor) as well as meeting new people. They will seek arousal and pleasure as a result of brain chemistry: dopamine (the pleasure chemical) is released when faced by a novel or challenging situation. They might be impulsive, responding easily to external stimuli and tend to view others as play things, generally not taking life very seriously. They might also have high testosterone levels which would account for an elevated sexual drive - testosterone also makes people more determined which can explain why so many politicians and people in power have affairs."

Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
That's one of the classical weaknesses of tests like this - it all depends upon the questions asked.

Yes, I Stumbled-Upon it while going through Relationships sites and thought it was interesting enough to bookmark.

*sigh*...Bookmark #3,637. As if I could ever live long enough to go back and revisit them all...
LOL, same here.

That and recipes that I collect. I will never catch up and make them all...and if I did I'd be one big fatass.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
This poll sucks.

It does not account for hypocrites. Some people are hyper-religious and are still horndogs. Like me. Yum

Old 05-03-2011, 06:50 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I think it's just another one of those "feel-good" tests, given some validity because it was designed by a doctor. I really wouldn't give it too much consideration beside being a quick diversion.

BTW - that's funny - I was a 9 also!

How valid can a test be with all these grammatical errors? Your scored, This group have ...

Your scored 8 out of a possible 20. You rate as: Medium risk promiscuity - 7 to 14 points

This group have promiscuous tendencies though they have control over these impulses. They might be more self-absorbed than average, can tend to ignore the feelings of others and will have limited social and personal conscientiousness. However they value and rely on their partner and are aware of the risk of giving up all they have in their relationship by succumbing to their desires.

I think the bolded is true for most people.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:55 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,222,089 times
11. Medium risk. Fortunately my risk taking these days seems to be confined to things that do not put my relationship at risk.
I know a lot of people think both my husband and I take risks that most people don't seem to, but they're not of the cheating variety.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:00 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
Adultery

Results

Your scored 6 out of a possible 20.
You rate as: Low risk promiscuity - 0 to 6 points
Responsible, dependable, caring and happy with their own lot. They will not look outside of the relationship for their thrills and do not rely on novelty to give themselves the high of being in love. They have greater satisfaction, a greater degree of investment in the relationship and a lack of perceived alternatives - they look only to their partner for all the benefits of a loving relationship.

Whew!!!! My wife will be pleased to hear the results of this test.

Only thing I disagree with is the "lack of perceived alternatives" - in a area of 10 milliion + people, there is no shortage of alternatives.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
How valid can a test be with all these grammatical errors? Your scored, This group have ...
Well, I never said he was a Doctor of Fine Arts!

Quote:
This group have promiscuous tendencies though they have control over these impulses. They might be more self-absorbed than average, can tend to ignore the feelings of others and will have limited social and personal conscientiousness. However they value and rely on their partner and are aware of the risk of giving up all they have in their relationship by succumbing to their desires.

I think the bolded is true for most people.
I'm not sure that the divorce statistics would support your claim...

Old 05-03-2011, 07:04 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
"Your scored 8 out of a possible 20.
You rate as: Medium risk promiscuity - 7 to 14 points
This group have promiscuous tendencies though they have control over these impulses. They might be more self-absorbed than average, can tend to ignore the feelings of others and will have limited social and personal conscientiousness. However they value and rely on their partner and are aware of the risk of giving up all they have in their relationship by succumbing to their desires."

One of those tests that assumes that if you don't have any religious beliefs, you also lack personal ethics...

Old 05-03-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Only thing I disagree with is the "lack of perceived alternatives" - in a area of 10 milliion + people, there is no shortage of alternatives.
Yeah...*sigh*...

...I miss that.

Here in PA there are only two types of women - redneck and insane. And yes, there are a lot of shared traits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships