Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How important are a potential wife or husbands religious beleifs to you?
Religious beleifs are VERY important 36 56.25%
Religious beleifs are somewhat important 18 28.13%
Religious beleifs are not important at all 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM

31,335 posts, read 22,325,313 times

Advertisements

Agnostic here! I do celebrate all the standard "American" quasi Christian based holidays. I want my dam Christmas tree though!! Ive had women in my life who didn't want to partake in Christmas because it is "Religous"! Go worship your meteorite or ALF, but don't mess with my effing tree! Whats interesting I know Muslims, Hindus and lots of Athiest that celebrate Christmas non religously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 11:46 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,679,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Whats interesting I know Muslims, Hindus and lots of Athiest that celebrate Christmas non religously.
That's because people of all faiths and even no faith have one thing in common. They love getting time off from work to stuff their faces with food, watch bad TV, and receive overpriced unnecessary junk from Best Buy.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:48 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,350,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Agnostic here! I do celebrate all the standard "American" quasi Christian based holidays. I want my dam Christmas tree though!!
You and I share religion. Let's call it Der Tannenbaum & Das Schwein religion!

Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
That's because people of all faiths and even no faith have one thing in common. They love getting time off from work to stuff their faces with food, watch bad TV, and receive overpriced unnecessary junk from Best Buy.
Exactly! I just named our religion.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:54 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,679,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Exactly! I just named our religion.
Chris Rock said it best. Americans belong to the church of ATM.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Chris Rock said it best. Americans belong to the church of ATM.
Nah. I don't like eating notes. Then again, I'm only a naturalized American... Maybe others do.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:27 PM

31,335 posts, read 22,325,313 times
Quote:
You and I share religion. Let's call it Der Tannenbaum & Das Schwein religion!
Sold!

Quote:
I need that junk.."Best Buy" is my house of worship.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,934,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Respect is what's important..
couldnt agree more. I have noticed that alot of Atheists { not anybody particularly on this thread but over in the R&P forum } are very disrespectful of anyone who has a set of religious beleifs, calling them loonies or weirdos

Quote:
In my opinion, the first option "Religious beliefs are VERY important" covers the lack of them, too.
Yes, this is how I meant it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
There was no option for " lack of belief important" or at least "very moderate religious beliefs" so I could not vote. .
The "Religious beleifs are VERY important" option covers this in the sense that it is important that they be Atheist or Agnostic

Old 05-15-2011, 10:11 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,332,925 times
It's very important. Especially when you have children, you need to have similar views about things like that for when you baptize your children and when you raise them.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:17 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,415,600 times
I would never be attracted to a religious nut. They're a total turn-off to me. Anyone even remotely religious would be a deal breaker for me. I'm an non-believer, so is my husband, and neither of us have any patience for religious people, who are often hypocritical and almost ludicrously judgmental.

I currently have a female colleage who is 35 and has been married FOUR times and is currently having an affair with a married man at work. She has the nerve to tell me, "You know, like, you're gonna go like to hell or whatever 'cause you're like not in church every Sunday." She's a Jesus freak in spades and dares tell me off while she's leading an immoral life to a almost hilarious degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships