Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How important are a potential wife or husbands religious beleifs to you?
Religious beleifs are VERY important 36 56.25%
Religious beleifs are somewhat important 18 28.13%
Religious beleifs are not important at all 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:31 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,334,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I would never be attracted to a religious nut. They're a total turn-off to me. Anyone even remotely religious would be a deal breaker for me. I'm an non-believer, so is my husband, and neither of us have any patience for religious people, who are often hypocritical and almost ludicrously judgmental.

I currently have a female colleage who is 35 and has been married FOUR times and is currently having an affair with a married man at work. She has the nerve to tell me, "You know, like, you're gonna go like to hell or whatever 'cause you're like not in church every Sunday." She's a Jesus freak in spades and dares tell me off while she's leading an immoral life to a almost hilarious degree.
Yes, many Christian people actually aren't very Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,940,343 times
[quote]
Quote:
I would never be attracted to a religious nut. They're a total turn-off to me. Anyone even remotely religious would be a deal breaker for me. I'm an non-believer, so is my husband, and neither of us have any patience for religious people, who are often hypocritical and almost ludicrously judgmental.
Case and point. Total disrespect. Just because you have run into a few of these judgmental people who "claim" to be religious, this does not mean that everyone who is a beleiver has this same attitude

Quote:

I currently have a female colleage who is 35 and has been married FOUR times and is currently having an affair with a married man at work. She has the nerve to tell me, "You know, like, you're gonna go like to hell or whatever 'cause you're like not in church every Sunday." She's a Jesus freak in spades and dares tell me off while she's leading an immoral life to a almost hilarious degree.
This co-worker of yours is obviously not truly Christian. Beware, there are many fonies out there far and wide who proclaim that they are Christian just for the sake of being able to claim so.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,384,818 times
Quote:
My Mom had a friend of this nature. It's amazing, isn't it?!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:00 AM

1,379 posts, read 1,769,156 times
Very important. I'm an atheist and want someone who thinks along the same lines. I can't fathom the idea of how couples make it work if one is a strong believer and one is not.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:06 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,788,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Yes, many Christian people actually aren't very Christian.
Agreed 100% with you and Ulysses: if a so-called "Christian", doesn't walk the walk, and actually practice what s/he preaches, IMO there's nothing "Christian" about them.

(The other irony is, a lot of these kind of ppl will also tell you that "good works", don't matter either -- nuff said )

Old 05-16-2011, 10:18 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,894,601 times
Quote:
I'm an non-believer, so is my husband, and neither of us have any patience for religious people, who are often hypocritical and almost ludicrously judgmental.
You seem to judge religious people in the same way.

I'm not religious either, but I don't judge others for being so

Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 AM

19,870 posts, read 20,472,885 times
As long as we can openly discuss religion and philosophy without gettin our panties in a wad, we're cool beans.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,793,998 times
Quote:
I don't want to debate the substance of you're post, but if there were an award on C-D for most ironic sentence, this would win.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:04 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,894,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I don't want to debate the substance of you're post, but if there were an award on C-D for most ironic sentence, this would win.
yeah i know what she meant, but it was in ill conceived post

Old 05-16-2011, 01:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,529,267 times
Religious beliefs are important when raising children together.

If they are very important to you, you should find someone with similar beliefs.

If they aren't important to you but they are for someone else, you may have a conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships