Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:32 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Are you actually complaining about being called pretty.

You must be a white person... only white people complain about BS like this.........

Yes, I'm a white guy.......
To be fair, I'm white, but if I were called pretty, I'd think I was dressed feminine in some way.

I'd probably go out and throw some mud on me to help put an end to that issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 10:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:

You must be a white person... only white people complain about BS like this.........

Hahaha.................In her defense , try it out reverse. A chick goes..."Holy shat he is hot, love to run my teeth over him".....verses..."Oh he's nice..."

Old 05-15-2011, 10:36 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hahaha.................In her defense , try it out reverse. A chick goes..."Holy shat he is hot, love to run my teeth over him".....verses..."Oh he's nice..."
very pretty is NOT he's nice, very pretty is a compliment

Old 05-15-2011, 10:43 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Quote:

Bad judgment on your part. I'm a Black woman and I don't think it has anything to do with race...

And I'm not complaining, I'm questioning the use of words and how they convey a level of attraction. What man tells his wife or girlfriend that she's "pretty"? No, she's not pretty. He would say that she's beautiful at the least. I just don't like to waste time blushing over people who aren't physically attracted to me, but I'm taking some of the feedback here into consideration into whether I'm judging this reasonably or not.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
very pretty is NOT he's nice, very pretty is a compliment
It is a compliment. And one most ladies like. But to give you a scenario...

You are a lady at say a wedding...you are female and your friend whom is a lady is sitting at a table.

You overhear a male saying, "The one on the left is VERY Pretty and the one on the right is Drop dead Gorgeous!"

Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Oh YES, I have to link this thread because it's related.

The Difference Between "Cute" and "Hot/ Sexy" and "Pretty"

Old 05-15-2011, 10:52 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Bad judgment on your part. I'm a Black woman and I don't think it has anything to do with race...

And I'm not complaining, I'm questioning the use of words and how they convey a level of attraction. What man tells his wife or girlfriend that she's "pretty"? No, she's not pretty. He would say that she's beautiful at the least. I just don't like to waste time blushing over people who aren't physically attracted to me, but I'm taking some of the feedback here into consideration into whether I'm judging this reasonably or not.

Whatever.......

Old 05-15-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Whatever.......
Lmao! It's ok we still love ya! (hug)

Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,570,075 times
Y'all cut the young lady some slack. None of you have enough information to make the short sighted comments you are throwing up here. Yiuppy, step on over here to Electron's school of manspeak and give me a little bit more to work with. How old is this guy? How long have you two known each other? Have you two been intimate or just met? Is he divorced? How much do you know about him?
Point is, he may be head over heels and just terrified. I don't know without a pretty good description of him. Has he met one of your friends who is off the chain hot? That's not to say that you aren't, because I checked your pics, and mmmmmm, I'd say more than very pretty. Plus, it takes more than just looks to go from ok to smokin.
Nice lookin kitty, btw

Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
If the guy were to say "Eh... you're pretty... I guess" with a shrug of his shoulders, then it's a valid question. But "very pretty" is a compliment. I'd be flattered, personally. But that's just me. I try to take a compliment gracefully.

And, word of caution: don't ever bring this concern up to him. You might get "Yeah, you're very pretty, but...yeesh. Buh bye!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships