Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,918,482 times

Advertisements

Dating, not marrying was in the question.

Man 39, woman 20 = no

Man 49, woman 30 = yes

Man 59, woman 40 = yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 12:27 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,577,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starz363 View Post
If you found a really nice man, who has a great personality but is way older than you are, will you refrain yourself from a relationship due to age or go ahead??? If you like him and enjoy his company but still don't feel a physical attraction but a spiritual attraction instead??? Tell me what you guys think???
I wouldn't be with anyone I wasn't physically attracted to. But, yes, I would date someone 19 years older, I have always preferred older men. Experience and wisdom have the ability to make for more pleasant, respectful relationships. I also think older men can be very sexy.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:12 PM

2 posts, read 13,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I wouldn't be with anyone I wasn't physically attracted to. But, yes, I would date someone 19 years older, I have always preferred older men. Experience and wisdom have the ability to make for more pleasant, respectful relationships. I also think older men can be very sexy.
Agree with you!!!! older guys are more interesting, know how to make good conversation and are mentally mature

Old 07-18-2011, 07:38 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,596,746 times
One pro for me is I'd be able to take advantage of free coffee, reduced price Frostys, etc. etc.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:34 PM

22 posts, read 41,944 times
Though he is older, he behaves in a youthful way, like his personality doesn't quite match his age...I don't know but I find him fascinating...Do you think that it would actually work out guys???

Old 07-27-2011, 08:05 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,034,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starz363 View Post
Though he is older, he behaves in a youthful way, like his personality doesn't quite match his age...I don't know but I find him fascinating...Do you think that it would actually work out guys???
I am always amused reading the responses on these topics. I have been with my boyfriend for going on 6 years, and he's 25 years older than I am. I have to say, looking back, that I was concerned most about what other people would feel, and not following my own heart when I went into this relationship. I was on boards like this a lot (too much) trying to figure out if anyone out in cyber world had some sort of magic answer to this question. I'll tell you that there's not one.

One piece of advice I will give you is to read the responses on here, but don't take any of them as gospel. No one knows the answer to your question...only you can figure out what you want and what you are willing to give to a relationship. Get those "ick" and "it's so wrong" voices out of your head and follow your own heart. There's no guarantee that any relationship will work out, and that certainly includes "age-gap" ones.

Do age gap relationships work out? Sure they do. Heck, I'd say my bf and I are in that category. But, just like with anything else on here, I can tell you my own experience, but must also warn you that your mileage may vary.

My bf is more of a kid that I am, and that's part of his charm (most of the time). We relate in many different ways, and quite frankly, in our day to day existence, the age thing is not an issue. I'm sure people look at us when we're out, and of course, I get the "what in the world are you doing with that old fart" comments from his friends and acquaintances, but, as the years have gone on, and I've become more sure of myself and of our relationship, these comments are just a blip on my radar at most.

Let things go naturally. Do yourself a HUGE favor and don't over-analyze things. If it's meant to be, it will be. Just relax, and maybe 6 years from now, you'll be reading comments on threads like this and chuckling too.

Best of luck to you in whatever you choose.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,974,891 times
I dunno he would be 53 then?

Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,418,964 times
I am a 46 year old guy. Lets say that I am suddenly single. I would want someone that is into the same lifestyle as me. Active, bicycling, surfing, sailing, hiking, spending time at the beach. Also want someone that loves to hit the clubs as my wife and I love to dance and have fun. Also someone that isn't affraid to have lots of kids around. My wife and I have 6 of them with the youngest almost 5 years of age. Age wouldn't be the issue the lifestyle would be. This is something that comes up with my wife and me. Her mom passed away when she was a kid. For her this is a very real possibility in her mind. I for one don't think it would ever happen, but who knows. She asked me before if I would ever get married again if she were to die. I don't think I would untill the kids were grown.

Still lets say that some sweet young thing was into the same things that I am into and we hit it off. To be honest I would prefer someone 19 years younger than someone 19 years older. For me if that was my situation now then I don't see how it would be a problem to hang out with a 27 year old. I have plenty of them hanging out with me now at work. I know quite a few that love doing the same things that we do now. I also have a 19 year old son so that could be kind of weird. Still that being said we have some friends that got married after both were divorced. The woman is 38 and the man is 59. He has two daughters that used to hang out with his wife in school. The daughters are also friends of mine and they have a big problem with their dad and former friend being married. Maybe another aspect of this situation to look into, especially when others are part of the picture.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 AM

31,200 posts, read 22,229,434 times
If he is all that and physically attractive it's a no brainer. I have to be attracted to someone before I would date them regardless of age.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,459,696 times
Ewwww..gross no way. Im 26 and I would only date a guy who is 5 or 6 years older than me. Right now Im dating a guy who is a few years younger than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships