Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna777 View Post
hmmm...guys want good looks and expect women to not have standards as well? As soon as women have criteria that seems unreasonable to the opposite sex, it is a disgrace? very interesting. last time i checked, real men pay for dates. If you cant afford a steak house, go to mD's, but atleast pay for her dollar meal. cheapo's. Im sure you men have "criteria" that women dont like. I shouldnt even have to make this point to grown men of any standard on an internet board , jesus.
True, just like the last time I checked real women put out on said dates.

Seriously, parents need to step up and quit propagating these antiquated gender rules. This kind of crap cannot die soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,225 times
When are men going to start having babies? Women have been stretching out bodies. welcoming medical complications, doing the majority of the housework/child rearing for hundreds of years...

Sorry boys...but just throwing down some cash for dates does not even come close to equal on what women give the world. When you guys do everything a woman can then we can talk about being tit for tat equals.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:47 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
The OP asked women how long they date before paying the bill. For some, it's Dutch right away. For others, it's never. No need to incite a gender war over it. We have plenty of other threads for that.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:58 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,256,609 times
My first date with my boyfriend was pretty long...we went to the zoo and he paid for that. We went to lunch and I offered to help pay but he said he had it and I offered to pay the tip. We then went to the movies and I paid for that....worked out well. We went out of town for the past holiday and I did not pay for anything which was a nice gesture. Now, we went out last night and I drove and paid for everything...we started sharing expenses early on!

Old 07-23-2011, 01:02 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,336 times
Yep. Like most posters said, you dodged a gold-digging bullet. You're lucky she didn't oops you.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:08 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,124,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
When are men going to start having babies? Women have been stretching out bodies. welcoming medical complications, doing the majority of the housework/child rearing for hundreds of years...

Sorry boys...but just throwing down some cash for dates does not even come close to equal on what women give the world
. When you guys do everything a woman can then we can talk about being tit for tat equals.

LOL!

REALLY?

Oh, Please...

This could go FOREVER... "Guys working them selves to death from Heart Attacks so the wife can stay home and play with the kids." Etc...

So much for it being a PARTNERSHIP etc.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
LOL!

REALLY?

Oh, Please...

This could go FOREVER...
Exactly. That's why I posted #33 above.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:13 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Exactly. That's why I posted #33 above.
Oh, I just had an idea to start a gender fight club thread, but that probably wouldn't go over well with you, would it Julia?

Old 07-23-2011, 02:07 PM

943 posts, read 3,334,297 times
She was out of order for that one but I thought that men like providing for the woman..I guess the women rights movement killed that one, lol.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:36 PM

37 posts, read 60,053 times
Women who are in it for love offer to pay and in my experience insist on paying and being fair. I used to date a single mother who was a teacher and many times would insist on paying because she wasn't a mooch. I did pay for things majority of the times and I usually had to create excuses by telling her I wanted to invite her out and then say to her that I had invited her so I cannot let her pay.

If the basis of a relationship is who should pay for things then it is really not a relationship but a transaction. True relationships are based on love, self-sacrifice and generosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships