Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times

Advertisements

With the economy and the fear of losing your job, unless you are a guy making 6 figures can you really date 3 or 4 women at one time? Isn't multi-dating a term more suited for women right now the way things are? If you are a average working guy who is trying to save money each money how many women can you really date at one time if you had the opportunity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 06:23 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,245 times
How is multi-dating more suited for women? Aren't they faced with the same economy and fear of losing their jobs? Wouldn't dates cost the same for women?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:29 PM

5,010 posts, read 10,686,308 times
Of all of the things to worry about right now, not being able to date more than one woman at a time should not be one of them. Be grateful if you can date even one woman.

Besides, only really sleazy players date more than one woman at a time.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
How is multi-dating more suited for women? Aren't they faced with the same economy and fear of losing their jobs? Wouldn't dates cost the same for women?
Unless both parties pay for what they do on the date, no.

If the guy pays for everything, like dinner and a movie, or something, the woman only had to pay for gas, bus fair, or nothing if the guy goes to pick her up. Then everything is on the guy.

I think this is what he's gettin' at.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:32 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,210,904 times
Quote:
Women pay less often than going Dutch or the man paying.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Because women don' pay for many dates, I went out with a girl 4 times and she paid for one date. Not that it was a problem it just dating reality. So it's easier for women to date mult-ple guys because they are being treated. A guy would have t pay for dinner for 3 or 4 women if he multi-dated that would be close to $300.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:47 PM

10 posts, read 39,125 times
As a guy who makes six figures, I can tell you most of us aren't dating more than 1, if that. Guys who make good money are usually responsible, work hard, get up early, and have lots of responsibilities to maintain their position at work. We also can't be covered in tattoos and facial piercings, have long hair or beards, or dress trendy and cool. We have to wear suits and ties or business casual to work.

Most women find clean cut guys like that to be a turnoff based on appearance alone. They're just too boring for them.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Of all of the things to worry about right now, not being able to date more than one woman at a time should not be one of them. Be grateful if you can date even one woman.

Besides, only really sleazy players date more than one woman at a time.

Since when did it become so bad to date more than one person! I date whoever I feel like and and I don't need anyone elses approval or disapproval to do so. I like woman and I date as often as I want to and I don't have an exclusivity agreement with anyone. most of the woman I date are actively dating too, does that make them sleezebags too. I don't go to bed with every woman I date and if I do it's way down the road once we know each other.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:00 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Because women don' pay for many dates, I went out with a girl 4 times and she paid for one date. Not that it was a problem it just dating reality. So it's easier for women to date mult-ple guys because they are being treated. A guy would have t pay for dinner for 3 or 4 women if he multi-dated that would be close to $300.
It really depends on what you do on the date for it to be close to $300.

You could just meet her somewhere for a walk during sunset to talk. That's a date that costs nothing.

You met another woman for coffee. That's around $5 if you paid for both coffees and you sat down to chat for an hour. That's a date that costs $5

You met another woman for brunch at a cafe. You paid for her, and from my experiences with cafe prices, they aren't that expensive for brunch/lunch. Say around $20 for both. That's now $25 for 3 dates.

You had a woman come to your place in the evening for a movie. You rented a movie for 1 night, bought a package of popcorn, and bought soda. Not that expensive either. You spent maybe $20 here.

That's less than $50 for 4 dates. These dates are either romantic or get to know each other kind of dates, and each one didn't cost much at all.

Now speaking from experience, I've taken 3 dates in 1 week to a cheap movie theater. Cheap as in super cheap $3 movies, and each one had a fun time and we had a nice evening with a walk to and around a park, or I drove around and had conversations with them.

And if I started to spend more time and money on one woman, I'd stop dating the other women because it's not fair to everyone.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It really depends on what you do on the date for it to be close to $300.

You could just meet her somewhere for a walk during sunset to talk. That's a date that costs nothing.

You met another woman for coffee. That's around $5 if you paid for both coffees and you sat down to chat for an hour. That's a date that costs $5

You met another woman for brunch at a cafe. You paid for her, and from my experiences with cafe prices, they aren't that expensive for brunch/lunch. Say around $20 for both. That's now $25 for 3 dates.

You had a woman come to your place in the evening for a movie. You rented a movie for 1 night, bought a package of popcorn, and bought soda. Not that expensive either. You spent maybe $20 here.

That's less than $50 for 4 dates. These dates are either romantic or get to know each other kind of dates, and each one didn't cost much at all.

Now speaking from experience, I've taken 3 dates in 1 week to a cheap movie theater. Cheap as in super cheap $3 movies, and each one had a fun time and we had a nice evening with a walk to and around a park, or I drove around and had conversations with them.

And if I started to spend more time and money on one woman, I'd stop dating the other women because it's not fair to everyone.

I know but after the first date you will probably doing dinner on date 2. Now I agree about date 1 because I had ice cream on my first date but after date 1 it's normally dinner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships