Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 03:38 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,317,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good or not, successful or not, I've always been this way, will continue to be so, and I’m only interested in men on the same wavelength! Cold fish need not apply! Oh, yeah, and I don't care how "wrong" some may think it is!

I hope you don't do it while talking, though. It gets annoying when overused.
It's not "wrong" if someone wants things to move "fast!"....BTW I do hold up two fingers on each side once in awhile to mimic quotes when I'm talking. (But not too often!)...I like to do voice impressions and sing songs in offbeat ways at times too! I guess you could call me a non-conformist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Some are like that even under 20! In fact, many of the youngsters here sound older than I am! It all comes down to having different personalities.

I may have not been very successful on long-term basis and I may be alone now (and very well could be alone from now on), but at least I've lived some. Others will die without having lived at all...
I've been married 3 times and I had tons of relationships earlier in life. (Before I met my last husband.) I'm not saying that we should all become nuns and priests and take a lifelong vow of celibacy!...I just don't want to be pushed into a "fast-track" type of relationship if I would rather take things slow with someone.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:56 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Some people come on like "gangbusters" when they meet someone new...They feel an "instant click" and "fall in love!" Their new relationship consumes their whole life! And they "feel hurt" and get upset if the "object of their affection" doesn't drop everything and shower them with non-stop attention too!...I used to rush right into relationships when I was younger but I don't feel this way anymore. I get nervous if someone comes on "too strong" and "too fast" today. How do you feel about it? Thanks!
Yes, it can be overwhelming when someone comes on too strong right from the get-go. It intimidates me, depending on who's coming on to me. However, if it's someone I'm already very interested in, then the chemistry can heat up pretty quickly from my side of the equation, too!

Old 09-21-2011, 04:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I just don't want to be pushed into a "fast-track" type of relationship if I would rather take things slow with someone.
Hey, whatever floats your boat... Usually similar people (in that respect) find each other anyway or one checks out of the game rather quickly if the initial assessment has been wrong and that's not the case.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Yes, it can be overwhelming when someone comes on too strong right from the get-go. It intimidates me, depending on who's coming on to me. However, if it's someone I'm already very interested in, then the chemistry can heat up pretty quickly from my side of the equation, too!
I agree. It's a whole "other ballgame" when there's a mutual attraction right off the bat...What I'm talking about is different. One person tries to make "more" out of the relationship. And the other person ends up feeling "spooked" and "smothered" and "roped and tied!" YUK!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It could be yet another symptom of the fast living that's so prevalent in this country these days - instant gratification, 24/7 communications, 600-HP Cadillacs ...

Quoted for truth.
I think it's about "instant gratification" too! As in: "I want what I want right now and I shouldn't have to wait! How dare you make me wait!" It's not a very good way to start a new relationship! It's like throwing meat and vegetables into a pot and calling it "stew" before it's even cooked.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
How fast?

Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,689,689 times
Three words...
Drama. Queen.

Run.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
It's like throwing meat and vegetables into a pot and calling it "stew" before it's even cooked.
On the other hand...left to simmer too long may just turn the otherwise hearty meal to muck...

Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Directed towards the OP...

I too get leery of those that attach themselves very quickly...
While for some this works if the feeling is not mutual it can be creepy..
It tends to make one think if this person feels this way about everyone they encounter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships