Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 10 hours ago)

2,047 posts, read 3,366,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
the whole charm of dogs is that they can't talk so we can talk about whatever I want to talk about. Besides, I don't think I'm through with relationships.
I agree with the first sentence... but not with the second one - i DO think i'm through with relationships lol...

I would only want my dog to talk on her death bed, and say a few sentences. That would be cool. I love her like a kid (dont have any), and shes about as awesome a friend as you could have. I've had plenty enough of romantic relationships in my life... she gives me peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 07:10 AM

22,405 posts, read 29,529,040 times
I'm going to edit this question and say you were asking me about my cat. Definately my talking cat over some idiot..

Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,346,861 times
be with a talking dog
why?
well, the only men I've known, either need a mother or they were players, therefore, I won't be a mother to another man, and for certain, I don't need players in my life. Granted, there are independent nice men out there, reason I know this is by my married girlfriends, however, all the nice men are either married or gay...

serioulsy, you young mothers, if you have sons, for God's sake don't baby them and do every thing for them, don't make they your only purpose in life, otherwise, what you will be doing is creating a monster for the women he will someday marry...and expect her to treat him like you do....that is so wrong and so painful for the wife.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,203,251 times
Talk to the dog. And I'm totally serious. Relationships are a waste of time unless you really actually have that rare, fantasy "love".

Old 10-14-2011, 07:21 AM

28,972 posts, read 30,346,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Talk to the dog. And I'm totally serious. Relationships are a waste of time unless you really actually have that rare, fantasy "love".
I don't think its about a rare fantasy love, actually it's about maturity, being independent, honorable and intelligent, with some common sense. Someone who has goals, other then getting married, realizes, that they're spouse may have goals to. And allowing them to accomplish them, even though your a couple. Marriage doesn't entail being together 24/7 and smothering each other, it's trust, and allowance, being able to understand, that no one feels exactly alike, about what a marriage should be, and I will never again, live my life according to someone else's idea of what marriage should be. I see so many men, in a marriage, where they're wives dictate to them how everything should be, where they should go, and how they should dress I don't know how they can stand it...truly there are some women out there who need a man like this...but that isn't a marriage, to me, it's a death sentence...and I see the life sucked out of these people, but they stay in a marriage like this, unhappy for the rest of they're days...that isn't life...but if a mother raises a son, to be co-dependent on her, that's what you get, and that is what he looks for in a wife, a mother. That to, is no relationship...

there are good relationships out there, but you have to know what to look for, and it to me, is way more then just loving someone.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,203,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't think its about a rare fantasy love, actually it's about maturity, being independent, honorable and intelligent, with some common sense. Someone who has goals, other then getting married, realizes, that they're spouse may have goals to. And allowing them to accomplish them, even though your a couple. Marriage doesn't entail being together 24/7 and smothering each other, it's trust, and allowance, being able to understand, that no one feels exactly alike, about what a marriage should be, and I will never again, live my life according to someone else's idea of what marriage should be. I see so many men, in a marriage, where they're wives dictate to them how everything should be, where they should go, and how they should dress I don't know how they can stand it...truly there are some women out there who need a man like this...but that isn't a marriage, to me, it's a death sentence...and I see the life sucked out of these people, but they stay in a marriage like this, unhappy for the rest of they're days...that isn't life...but if a mother raises a son, to be co-dependent on her, that's what you get, and that is what he looks for in a wife, a mother. That to, is no relationship...

there are good relationships out there, but you have to know what to look for, and it to me, is way more then just loving someone.
Besides the assumption that this relationship would require marriage (which isn't your fault, but our society), I agree.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:28 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,487,658 times
If I had a talking dog, I'd surely not lack for relationship(s) as well! Imagine the possibilities having a well-mannered but loyal dog as wingman, talking you up to the women. The curiosity factor alone would get me laid, at least. Besides, a real talking dog would probably lead to riches, and riches can be an aphrodisiac. And in those times when no women are around, we can have great conversations, as long as we avoid religion (I get impatient with dogma).

Old 10-14-2011, 07:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,795,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
If I had a talking dog, I'd surely not lack for relationship(s) as well! Imagine the possibilities having a well-mannered but loyal dog as wingman, talking you up to the women. The curiosity factor alone would get me laid, at least. Besides, a real talking dog would probably lead to riches, and riches can be an aphrodisiac. And in those times when no women are around, we can have great conversations, as long as we avoid religion (I get impatient with dogma).
Dogs might be into dog-ma.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:36 AM

37,713 posts, read 46,140,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I can't wait to get the replies.

so, would you rather be with a talking dog or in a relationship?

this should be interesting........oh, explain why.
A relationship. No contest.

Having sex with a dog would be...socially unacceptable.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:37 AM

37,713 posts, read 46,140,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I would first get a deaf dog. If he can talk, I don't want him out there talking to others about my bis.

Then depending on how well we get along, I'll see what my next move would be.
Now THAT is thinking ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships