Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
She asks, she pays.
If you were interested, you should have asked.
You didn't.
And if he WAS NOT interested he wouldn’t be going out with her. When girls ask me out I don’t care if they took the initiative, I will still contribute to dating expenses and when I ask them out they also contribute to expenses. It’s OUR date, nobody is twisting our arms to go there. I guess it is different in the west where it is sort of a taboo for women to contribute to dating expenses.

Last edited by onihC; 10-28-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 03:19 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Wow, it must feel like you won the Lottery huh? because a girl asking a guy out is very comparable to the lottery, the odds are always against you

Old 10-28-2011, 03:21 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
This is my first time being asked out EVER by a girl (this is a new girl by the way). Ok, ok. How does this work when the girl asks out the guy? I really prefer to pay on the first date. Is that still OK?
Simply Be Prepared. Unless she brings it up don't make an issue over it.

Take your cash and wait to see if she reaches for the check first.

If not. Then you pay.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:33 PM

Interesting to see women say that the guy still has to offer, still has to pay, still has to take money just in case, etc. when in other threads women say that a man should pay (since he's the one who asked), no questions asked, and if he dares himself to accept a woman to contribute to expenses, he’s no good.

For the person who started the thread, how nice of a woman to do something quite unusual. Enjoy each other's company and whatever activities you do.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
This is my first time being asked out EVER by a girl (this is a new girl by the way). Ok, ok. How does this work when the girl asks out the guy? I really prefer to pay on the first date. Is that still OK?
I think it is always polite to offer to pay or offer to spilt the bill - no matter who asks who out. If she says she wants to pay - let her, if you are comfortable with that. Or offer to pay the tip. Or if the date goes well - offer to take her out for drinks or dessert afterwards!

I think if the date goes well - this probably won't even be an issue. Have fun!

Old 10-28-2011, 05:19 PM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think it is always polite to offer to pay or offer to spilt the bill - no matter who asks who out. If she says she wants to pay - let her, if you are comfortable with that. Or offer to pay the tip. Or if the date goes well - offer to take her out for drinks or dessert afterwards!

I think if the date goes well - this probably won't even be an issue. Have fun!
Some good suggestions here ^ !

Old 10-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Yes, it's polite to offer (regardless of who asked who) and even more polite to not make drama if the person accepts the offer.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:07 PM

213 posts, read 1,107,426 times
I didn't know women asked out men. I mean of course they can if they choose, but I have never been asked out and have never heard of other men being asked out by a women. It just doesn't seem right.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:21 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Interesting to see women say that the guy still has to offer, still has to pay, still has to take money just in case, etc. when in other threads women say that a man should pay (since he's the one who asked), no questions asked, and if he dares himself to accept a woman to contribute to expenses, he’s no good.
You know what people are saying that? Other guys.

The women aren't.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:41 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why?

She asked you out.

You can still be the gentleman and offer to pay.
But don't be patronizing or condescending.
If she wants to pay, let her.

You deserve a treat, too.

p.s. If you order the lobster, you have to put out.
Bingo!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships