Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 10:06 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
There were people lined up outside the Best Buy at 7am on THANKSGIVING DAY! Since the store was opening that night, people wanted the marked down TVs. I suppose they don't like their families to waste the entire day camping out for a TV. It kind of makes me sick.
That's nothing. People were lined up here, at 3pm on WEDNESDAY. Tents, chairs, coolers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 10:11 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hi
I think most of Springer's shows are staged....but believe there are a lot of people out there like that...totally ignorant...for themselves...and God forbid if this country ever had a major catostrophe, those same people, would loot, pillage and murder...
Katrina in New Orleans was certainly a catastrophe - was there looting during that? I can't remember from the news reports.

We had major riots here (England) not long ago - sickening behaviour.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:12 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's nothing. People were lined up here, at 3pm on WEDNESDAY. Tents, chairs, coolers.
Really?! I've never seen these scenes other than on TV. One year I did go out on Friday, but it was already past 11 a.m. and the only evidence of the madness was the heavy traffic and the full parking lots.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:13 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
There were people lined up outside the Best Buy at 7am on THANKSGIVING DAY! Since the store was opening that night, people wanted the marked down TVs. I suppose they don't like their families to waste the entire day camping out for a TV. It kind of makes me sick.
What makes you sick is the realization that most of humanity is slightly brighter than the family dog..face that reality and do not let it bother you..welcome to the planet earth...get used to it.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:14 AM

52,280 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It seems like Black Friday is a fun social experiment meant to show how low people can go.

There isn't a damn thing I want as much as to freeze my butt off at night waiting for it and fighting with other people.
I agree, most of the time we just buy stuff online to avoid the stores, crowds and lack of parking etc etc.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:16 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That aint nothing. There was one woman in Florida who lined up at night over a week ago at a Best Buy and camped out.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:19 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, most of the time we just buy stuff online to avoid the stores, crowds and lack of parking etc etc.
I like shopping in general (well, maybe I should say I used to... before all the fun was taken out of that, too, being treated like a criminal) and I'd rather shop at brick-and-mortar stores unless I've seen the item and I'm absolutely sure I want it, but I'd never participate in such insanity... Granted, 20 bucks aren't gonna make me or break me, but even if I were on a really tight budget, there are less painless ways to accomplish the same thing throughout the year.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:24 AM

52,280 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
I like shopping in general (well, maybe I should say I used to... before all the fun was taken out of that, too, being treated like a criminal) and I'd rather shop at brick-and-mortar stores unless I've seen the item and I'm absolutely sure I want it, but I'd never participate in such insanity... Granted, 20 bucks aren't gonna make me or break me, but even if I were on a really tight budget, there are less painless ways to accomplish the same thing throughout the year.
On big ticket items that I know I can get online cheaper, I usually will go to a store, check out it, then buy it online cheaper.

I did that when I bought my big screen plasma TV. Measured and played with it in the store and later bought it online.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Really?! I've never seen these scenes other than on TV. One year I did go out on Friday, but it was already past 11 a.m. and the only evidence of the madness was the heavy traffic and the full parking lots.
Yep. I stopped by there on my way home Wednesday (we get to leave early that day) and I could not believe the line of people down the sidewalk, literally camped out. People are just nuts.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
That aint nothing. There was one woman in Florida who lined up at night over a week ago at a Best Buy and camped out.
I read about that. She was there NINE days before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships