Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:21 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Look, just because this is a crazy country doesn't mean that everybody wants to waste his/her youth. And even in this crazy country the age of consent in most states is 16. Maybe they didn't start having sex (or at least what qualifies as sex) until she was 16. Maybe they were in Colorado or Arkansas. And maybe, just maybe, it's none of your business!

Worldwide Ages of Consent
But that isn't good enough for some people. You make valid solid argument.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:22 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
No offense, but you posted on a public forum. Stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum doesn't work. You can't dictate what people post.
I can. I am the OP. I asked for discussion on a particular topic and subsequently clarified my questions. Posting on anything else is off topic.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:22 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I'm talking about a 15 year old and a 26 year old. Let's say a 15 year old child and a 26 year old teacher (since apparently the story in the OP is so confusing) Would that be an appropriate relationship, or is the adult an ephebophile? What if his/her intent was to court, sleep with, and eventually marry the child. Does that make it alright? If so, how can we know the intent?
I don't consider a 15 year old a child. I was old enough to have a four year old by the time I was 15.

That said, I have already discussed this. You can never really know someone's intent. As I stated before, if they are having sex while she is under the legal age of consent in her state it is wrong. After that, I don't care what they do. I don't concern myself with the sex lives of others.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I have not one time whined or complained when someone responded with a different opinion. In fact, a few of the kind posters who responded with a differing opinion have very much opened my eyes and enlightened me, and I have told them.

Now, I think your intent here is simply to argue. I'm going to go ahead and put you on ignore. This back and forth is adding nothing to our discussion.
You can quit responding to me then. It takes two to argue.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:26 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Look, just because this is a crazy country doesn't mean that everybody wants to waste his/her youth. And even in this crazy country the age of consent in most states is 16. Maybe they didn't start having sex (or at least what qualifies as sex) until she was 16. Maybe they were in Colorado or Arkansas. And maybe, just maybe, it's none of your business!

[url= Ages of Consent[/url]
This is basically what it boils down to.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
I think this is not so much a topic about the age of consent as much as an adult in a position of authority abusing and crossing a boundry!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times
Quote:

Worldwide Ages of Consent
Yes, maybe. But we are in this country, and here it is considered against the law and socially unacceptable for an adult to have a romantic relationship with a child under the age of 16. (I guess - haven't looked at your link yet)

Do you have children, and if so, would you be ok with them dating their teachers or youth pastors? (Please don't read that in a snarky way. Just trying to add to the discussion. )

Last edited by coastalgirl; 12-01-2011 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: fix comma

Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
I can. I am the OP. I asked for discussion on a particular topic and subsequently clarified my questions. Posting on anything else is off topic.
Last I checked you are not a moderator here. It is silly that you should dictate what is off topic or who is on your ignore list. Or the fact you are taking this so personally. I pointed incongruties in your argument.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:29 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
This thread is encouraging. All this time I've been assuming it would be inappropriate and creepy for me (32 years old) to woo and sex a young teen. But now I see that age is just a number and it's perfectly fine as long as we get married later. I think tomorrow I'll go hang around the driver's testing center and see if I can help a girl get her learner's permit. I promise I won't have sex with her until we're in love, though. I'm not a sicko, after all.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
This thread is encouraging. All this time I've been assuming it would be inappropriate and creepy for me (32 years old) to woo and sex a young teen. But now I see that age is just a number and it's perfectly fine as long as we get married later. I think tomorrow I'll go hang around the driver's testing center and see if I can help a girl get her learner's permit. I promise I won't have sex with her until we're in love, though. I'm not a sicko, after all.
No, wait until 10 years later... Let people start probing it.

As I spelled it out earlier. It should have been addressed at the time it was going on. And for all intent and purpose, the parents might have addressed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships