Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 07:02 PM

826 posts, read 1,894,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thanks for this post, she basically ignored mine completely.
I wasn't ignoring you. Your point was noted. I don't respond to every single post when I make a thread. Besides other posters gave you props, chill out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I noticed that some posters don't really seem to want good advice, they just want to keep whining or venting about how "unfair" their situation is.
Sigh. Just sigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 07:03 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,524 times
It doesn't pay to be a good person in general.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
It doesn't pay to be a good person in general.
Your post made me laugh. I feel this way sometimes.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:06 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
I wasn't ignoring you. Your point was noted. I don't respond to every single post when I make a thread. Besides other posters gave you props, chill out

Sigh. Just sigh
Well,

with posts like these, you apparently aren't worried about losing your "good girl" status......

Old 12-03-2011, 07:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:

Sigh. Just sigh
Nice to know you "noted" my post, but without saying so on the thread (or a dm) how would I know?

Not to mention, instead of going with what I and others of like mind said, you keep going on and on with your original assertion.

If you were just venting when you started the thread, that would be one thing. But now you appear to be ruminating - which is not a wise thing to do.

I would just hate to see you become your own worst enemy

Old 12-03-2011, 07:07 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Kardashian was a fluke. Never believed that marriage one bit. But she is an example of one of those girls who seems to be thriving, although recently with the backlash, not so much.

You are right, I don't know if this would last. But looking in from outside, it sure looks like she has it made.

Anyway, this was just a question I was pondering today.
Kardashain gets to live it up for a short time before she's yesterday's news, just like Paris Hilton. And when her looks fade, the aftermath won't be pretty.

Elizabeth Taylor was a beautiful rich woman who cycled hrough her share of powerful men, some of them married. But was she happy? Arguably not.

ETA: Why are y'all beating up on this girl ? People have moments like this all the time, give her a break.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Kardashain gets to live it up for a short time before she's yesterday's news, just like Paris Hilton. And when her looks fade, the aftermath won't be pretty.

Elizabeth Taylor was a beautiful rich woman who cycled hrough her share of powerful men, some of them married. But was she happy? Arguably not.

ETA: Why are y'all beating up on this girl ? People have moments like this all the time, give her a break.

Girl, this is par for the course on city data.
Sometimes when you make a post, people draw things that were not even there, make assumptions, take one sentence of your post and generalize from it whilst ignoring 10 other lines of information, accuse you of "ruminating" when you are "clarifying" your comment or responding to others. It is what it is. When you post on a public forum, you can't control what feedback you get.

Last edited by Peacelilies; 12-03-2011 at 07:56 PM..

Old 12-03-2011, 07:23 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post

I don't think anyone is "beating up on" peacelillies

I do think she's been here long enough to know regulars will dish out the tough love in order to help a poster out who seems stuck on an idea or inaccurate belief

Personally, I wish her only the best and that she choose that for herself

Old 12-03-2011, 07:28 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
I haven't read all the other posts, but the original post reminds me of the "nice guys finish last" posts. The guy gets fed up with the "bad boys" getting all the girls, money, status, etc. and does...something.

These "bad" people have traits that often lead them to a level of success. As the OP mentioned with the Real Housewives lady, she obviously didn't care much that her boyfriend was married. The relationship made her happy, but most would feel guilty about dating a married man/woman.

You just have to be happy with yourself. It doesn't matter what others do as long as you're happy with yourself.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:31 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Thinking that Karma would catch up to others who have done wrong is a common misconception. I once believed that same line of b.s. I was very wrong; it's disappointing & disturbing when people who have screwed over others, cheated, slandered, etc still somehow manage to live the "good life".....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships