Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
This here!

OP, may not be your looks that is causing a problem, or women's lack of interest in the financial stability you have.

Maybe you are coming off as dull or boring. Where do you go on dates? What do you talk about on dates (are you always talking about yourself? Could you be coming accross as conceited or something?) What do you do outside of work?
Exactly. This is why I asked him what else he brings to the table
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 04:19 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
When I was online dating at about your age I went out with a LOT of guys like you. Once.

They were the ones who had plenty of stability, but nothing interesting to say.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,695 times
I've found out if you hang out single (minus wingmen)and dress a certain way, you'll get attention. Suggestions like seeing a movie, getting a coffee (I love coffee!), some type of convention (job or hobby related), eat out a inexpensive bar/grill or a resturaunt, window shop (because it gives them a bit more time to check you out!)

Learned all these the hard way because I was taught the wrong way all these years. Had a mom and daughter follow me around a pet store when I was looking at the turtles. Saw the reflection of her in the aquarium and as I turned I smiled and nodded and made my way to the ferrets... so did they. Made my way to the birds, so did they. We talked about those birds with the red dots on the cheeks and tried to make one speak but to no avail. Then her boyfriend walked next to her and that was my cue to leave, haha. She was quite the looker too.

Highlight of the day let me tell you.

EDIT: Places to avoid if you want to meet someone genuine: Bar, Park, Church.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 PM

65 posts, read 99,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
This here!

OP, may not be your looks that is causing a problem, or women's lack of interest in the financial stability you have.

Maybe you are coming off as dull or boring. Where do you go on dates? What do you talk about on dates (are you always talking about yourself? Could you be coming accross as conceited or something?) What do you do outside of work?
Well. We went to sizzler for a meal then a movie. Talk about myself? How else is she gona find out what shes got on her hands lol.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:42 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,858,437 times
"If women love stable, respectable, men with good jobs why am I still single?"

Who said that they do? The only ones who do are those who don't think they can do any better and for good reason, you are probably not interested in them.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 AM

70 posts, read 237,883 times
I would love to have someone stable and not just because I don't think I can get anyone better. I would rather have an ugly boring man that is stable, than to have a good looking witty lay around and try to see how I can get out of work man any day. heck, I would even support a man just to have the companionship and a man to cook and sew for that would appreciate it

Old 12-14-2011, 12:13 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,912,001 times
"Stability" and a "government job" is never the key to sex with women.

Top Ten Reasons Why Women Like Bad Boys | Xtranormal

Old 12-14-2011, 12:19 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,815,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Im 45 never been married. Work at a good Government job in the IT field but I can't get a second date. Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.
What have you done to improve your looks?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yates33 View Post
because you lack the spice and the alpha male qualities, if women do date or marry you it would be for stability
He should learn to be a DJ lol

Old 12-14-2011, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
When I was online dating at about your age I went out with a LOT of guys like you. Once.

They were the ones who had plenty of stability, but nothing interesting to say.
Sometimes first impression is not always the best.

There are guys who won't reveal a lot in 1st date so why not give them a 2nd date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships