Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 AM

65 posts, read 99,966 times

Advertisements

Im 45 never been married. Work at a good Government job in the IT field but I can't get a second date. Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 08:19 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Im 45 never been married. Work at a good Government job in the IT field but I can't get a second date. Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.
To reach that point where someone takes a second look at you, you have to do something to make yourself stand out...assert yourself. You can't just sit back and wonder why they're not coming to you. If what you've tried hasn't worked, try something different. And maybe pick up one of Steve Harvey's books and give it a read.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
but I think women should look past looks
They should? Do you?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:30 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,866 times
sometimes they are:
1) annoying
2) complain too much
3) are resting on their laurels of being stable and with a job, and ignore the whole personal/character growth aspect

Old 12-13-2011, 08:31 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,716,319 times
And just how far away are you from brad pitt? Can you change anything for the better? Why do you think you don't get a second date?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:39 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,770 times
Quote:
If you're getting first dates, looks are not really the issue unless it's online dating and you're 50 lbs heavier than your pics lol.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:43 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,944 times
Perhaps "stable, respectable, with good job" is coming off as "boring". And "boring" entails "no second date".

What do you do on these dates? Are these dinner-movie-conversation dates, or some kind of activity?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:01 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,385,448 times
Quote:
Now I'm no Brad Pitt but I think women should look past looks and see me for my stability and what I could potentially bring to a relationship.
It takes more than stability.

Are you sexy? Funny? Witty? Interesting? Fun to be around? Alluring? DO you make a woman feel good around you? Do you have things going on in your life that would make a woman feel like she'd be a fool not to jump on board such as exciting hobbies an active social life, fun activities or travel? Are you a person in the know? Do you have a comfortable and appealing lifestyle?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:02 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
Perhaps "stable, respectable, with good job" is coming off as "boring". And "boring" entails "no second date".

What do you do on these dates? Are these dinner-movie-conversation dates, or some kind of activity?
yep, boring

women don't want someone with whom to "settle down"

they want the stable, respectable guy with a good job who is ALSO fun, caring, intelligent, honest, spontaneous, and just an adventure to be with. Someone with exciting ideas, a zest for life, and with whom to enjoy the present moment.

be more optimistic, positive, notice what you're saying on these first dates and what kind of message you're sending out. and most importantly - don't just pretend to be a fun spontaneous guy. BE fun, spontaneous, confident, and adventurous for real. otherwise, it's just not worth it.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:06 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
So whats your ALIBI?

Do you have an alibi?

You aint got no alibi!! So it must be that you are just ..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships