Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I like all sorts of critters and meats in various forms.
Me too!

Old 03-03-2012, 09:42 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I live near an airport and there is a large company in the area that does a lot of work for the military.

Every couple of months or so we'll see fighter jets buzzing around the area.

Very different sound then your typical airplane.

I wouldn't want to be on the business end of those bad boys, if you know what I mean.
They best is seeing a big old B-52 doing touch and go at the air force base.

Yesterday I was out cutting trees and looked up to see a B1 flying low and slow. What a pretty plane. Becoming a pilot is on my list of things to do.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
They best is seeing a big old B-52 doing touch and go at the air force base.

Yesterday I was out cutting trees and looked up to see a B1 flying low and slow. What a pretty plane. Becoming a pilot is on my list of things to do.
IDK, about "big old B-52's".... the one I'm talking about would scare the white out of most folks......

Old 03-03-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
IDK, about "big old B-52's".... the one I'm talking about would scare the white out of most folks......
Well a BUFF flying low and slow and watching tons and tons of bombs or a B1 loud and fast would put the fear of mother in law in you.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:59 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Well a BUFF flying low and slow and watching tons and tons of bombs or a B1 loud and fast would put the fear of mother in law in you.

Well... I don't want to split hairs... yes.... a new pair of shorts is in order either way........

Old 03-03-2012, 10:00 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Lamplight:

Why do you think it is that you NEVER see any women you're attracted to? Are you really picky or something else? There is a lot of people that that will deem your hobbies as 'unacceptable.' I got the clear impression when I read that hobby thread young women shouldn't say they like 'knitting' -- because it turns men off or something like that. I didn't know that. Oh well, I lists it on my profiles, I don't care. You're right I think, the majority of people I see in the library are women -- sometimes a few men though. Long time ago my female friend said you can 'pick dates up in Barnes and Noble' -- so I tried that and went home with a good book to read. I did not/do not understand the concept of picking up dates/men. You collect door knobs? Why? I collect different things: vinyl records, 50s & 60s toasters, Blythe dolls among other things. I blame Aspergers for this....It's a shame you didn't approach the purple cape girl, b/c honestly I think she doesn't get approached much (even though I never seen her, just guessing). She probably would've been really glad, but if she was a nutcase nvm. LOL.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Well... I don't want to split hairs... yes.... a new pair of shorts is in order either way........
Or a coffin... If they can find enough of you to bury.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:10 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Lamplight:

Why do you think it is that you NEVER see any women you're attracted to? Are you really picky or something else? There is a lot of people that that will deem your hobbies as 'unacceptable.' I got the clear impression when I read that hobby thread young women shouldn't say they like 'knitting' -- because it turns men off or something like that. I didn't know that. Oh well, I lists it on my profiles, I don't care. You're right I think, the majority of people I see in the library are women -- sometimes a few men though. Long time ago my female friend said you can 'pick dates up in Barnes and Noble' -- so I tried that and went home with a good book to read. I did not/do not understand the concept of picking up dates/men. You collect door knobs? Why? I collect different things: vinyl records, 50s & 60s toasters, Blythe dolls among other things. I blame Aspergers for this....It's a shame you didn't approach the purple cape girl, b/c honestly I think she doesn't get approached much (even though I never seen her, just guessing). She probably would've been really glad, but if she was a nutcase nvm. LOL.
I think it's a combination of my being overly picky and just boredom with people. For years I worked with a bunch of rough men in warehouses, and 99% of the time the women they would say were hot I would just think, "meh". Not that they weren't hot or sexy, but it seems I've just grown very bored of the standards of hot and sexy. And that boredom spills over into how I perceive other peoples' personalities, too, and that's probably a bigger shame. But those are reasons why 95% of the time being single doesn't bother me much.

I don't collect door knobs, I was just using that as an example of a strange hobby someone might have that would really catch my attention. I have no idea why someone would do that, but it would definitely stand out to me.

Yes, I probably should have approached cape girl. I guess I could have complimented her cape? I don't know. Maybe I'll see her again. The good thing about living here compared to my home town is that I see a LOT more unusual and interesting people. Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes bad, but at least it's interesting.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I think it's a combination of my being overly picky and just boredom with people. For years I worked with a bunch of rough men in warehouses, and 99% of the time the women they would say were hot I would just think, "meh". Not that they weren't hot or sexy, but it seems I've just grown very bored of the standards of hot and sexy. And that boredom spills over into how I perceive other peoples' personalities, too, and that's probably a bigger shame. But those are reasons why 95% of the time being single doesn't bother me much.

I don't collect door knobs, I was just using that as an example of a strange hobby someone might have that would really catch my attention. I have no idea why someone would do that, but it would definitely stand out to me.

Yes, I probably should have approached cape girl. I guess I could have complimented her cape? I don't know. Maybe I'll see her again. The good thing about living here compared to my home town is that I see a LOT more unusual and interesting people. Sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes bad, but at least it's interesting.

Hard to beleive though that you get 'bored' with hot and/or sexy -- but not going to dredge that up again . You get the point....oops I took that door knob comment literally, my bad....People have told me that WA has a lot of very unique and interesting people -- i remember Amanda knox and kurt cobain are from there. LOL. Also the music scene is very lively. Yea, if you see her again approach her maybe, not sure what you should do when you walk up to her. You're on on your own with that one . It makes me wonder though how many men see women and just don't approach them and that woman is very unsuspecting of the whole thing.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:33 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Hard to beleive though that you get 'bored' with hot and/or sexy -- but not going to trudge that up again .
It's kind of hard to explain, I guess. You see all of these women who are considered sexy and, aside from some minor differences, they all sort of look the same. And when I lived in TN most of the women made an effort to emulate that look, and then they all looked about the same, too. At least to me. So I might see one of those women and think, "Yes, she's a good looking woman. but so is she, and that one over there, and that one, and all of those...and...none of them really look unique." I must say, a lot of the women here at least have a knack for looking unique.

I actually started an OKCupid account. Went to a lot of trouble answering questions and taking tests and carefully writing my own profile. Then, when I started browsing my matches, I couldn't find a single person I wanted to contact. There were a few I found physically attractive, but after reading their profiles I just lost all enthusiasm for contacting them. There were some I didn't find particularly physically attractive, so I read their profiles hoping maybe I'd find something. But no, the profiles were all basically the same. In short, I'm ridiculously picky but possibly in a weird way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships