Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
many guys try to say they are taller than they are as well...her's something for you-when I meet you, Mr. "I am 5'11", I will see you are not. If you are really only 5'6", and I am taller than you in heels, you are an idiot. What else do you lie about?
ROFL

I've run into that SO many times. Men will actually be standing next to me, in person, ask how tall I am and when I tell them, they say, "Oh NOOOO, you must be more than six feet tall because I'M six foot one!" And I'm looking across the top of their heads because they are really 5'8".

It's a mystery. Why do they think they can get away with lying about their height???? It's NOT something you can exactly hide, lol.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM

348 posts, read 550,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, I have a friend that I know because we used to work together. She's not hideous or anything, but she was in her forties at the time, married to someone in the same company, wore glasses, very businesslike and professional. She was always having to call or hunt down the other engineers for information she needed for paperwork for their projects. Then they gave her an assistant, a young, blonde, pretty, thin woman just out of college. After that, she didn't have to hunt these engineers down for the information they needed--they were flocking on their own to her office on the pretext of giving her the documentation, but it was really just to gawk at the pretty assistant.

Men are SO predictable and transparent sometimes. They have two heads and usually don't do much thinking with the big one.
Haha! So true.

I once dated a cute assistant at my job, it was a secret at the time. She had big boobs and wore clothes that showed them off. Guys would just flock to her desk. I told her to make sure to get an afternoon coffee for 'her' (really for me).

It's kinda sad how people act at work sometimes. I'm obviously not against workplace romance. But there is a way to be discreet and professional about it.

I think most men won't date women taller than they are/or taller than average because their concern is often what their friends or family will think.

Maybe. My last gf was a little taller than me, especially in heels.

I think it's just the reverse of what you were saying. You obviously didn't like 5'5 guys approaching you...it's just something you're not attracted to, not based on what others may think.

Part of their choice is "what looks good/socially acceptable on my arm when I'm out in public." This mindset also explains why a lot of men will happily screw around with fat girls on the side but not be seen in public with them. I've seen that phenomenon over and over for years with overweight women that I know. Married men, especially, have no problem having sexual relationships with the fat chicks as long as it's not out in the open.

I don't know about this. I think some guys just need sex and will pursue what they see as the 'easiest' path, thinking that if they approach a heavier woman, there will be less competition. I think this is wrong in many ways, but it is their perception.

Either way, fat/thin/tall/short...people deserve to be treated with respect and shouldn't just be used.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:27 PM

24 posts, read 40,992 times
Geez, lol. The first 5 pages totally explain why I've never had a boyfriend. Met this great guy on the day I quit my job. We went out. He got me drunk. I gave in. Never heard from him again. I'm guessing he saw me as 'easy' and took advantage. I haven't been on a date since. I'm actually terrified to date a guy now because I'm afraid something like that will happen again.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:47 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've heard people describe some 5'1" who were a little overweight as 'big.' Um, excuse me, to me big conjures up physical mass, not just being fat. Fat people are often big but not all fat people are big.

Yeah you'd be imposing and intimidating to most men. Imagine a skinny 5'5" man approaching you. I admit I probably wouldn't approach you but mostly because I feel tall women don't want to date shorter men.
Seriously... 5'1"... big?

Definitely not.

When I read the title of this thread, I did imagine something like a pudgy, shy 5'5" guy nervously smiling across the room at an aloof 6'3" lady or something.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:56 PM

52,280 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4zygirl05 View Post
Geez, lol. The first 5 pages totally explain why I've never had a boyfriend. Met this great guy on the day I quit my job. We went out. He got me drunk. I gave in. Never heard from him again. I'm guessing he saw me as 'easy' and took advantage. I haven't been on a date since. I'm actually terrified to date a guy now because I'm afraid something like that will happen again.
Some harsh advice coming.

Grow a spine. Take control of yourself. There is no need to live in fear. You can have a date and not have to fear getting drunk and giving in.

You have more control than you know.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:03 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Thats really sad on so many levels. But I fully understand your view, if this one guy you gave into was a player, that MUST mean the other 3.5 billion men are exactly the same.

AS for the topic of the thread, there is big and there is big. Many men find curvy women attractive, but if your thigh weights as much as your men, chances are thats not curvy, but morbidly obese. Most men find it repulsive, for many obvious reasons. THere is a small group of men called FA (Fat Admirers) who love love love fat women, and wouldnt date anyone else. The fatter the better in their minds.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:58 PM

I know it's dumb to think like that but I just don't want to be a **** or anything. It's been over a year since that happened and I still feel trashy. I guess it doesn't help that I either go ana or mia or both when I'm really stressed, so I just don't like the idea of having to eat on a date anymore if I ever got a date.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
I know it's dumb to think like that but I just don't want to be a **** or anything. It's been over a year since that happened and I still feel trashy. I guess it doesn't help that I either go ana or mia or both when I'm really stressed, so I just don't like the idea of having to eat on a date anymore if I ever got a date.
krazygirl, you seem to be very young, so there is no reason to stress about it. IM positive you will meet and date plenty of all types of guys in your future. Truth is, there are great guys and total a$$wipes out there, and everything in between, but as you figure out which is which - youll learn to tell them apart. IMO, the best advice anyone could give you, is to make any experience a positive one. Learn something from it and be a better person for it. Most men and women have a bad experience when it comes to dating and romance, at one point or another. Some get over it right away, and some need time to recoup. Think of what happenbed a a learning experience, and dig deep to find something positive you learned from that interaction. I can guarantee you, its there waiting to be discovered. Good Luck!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 PM

That's what everyone tells me, but I just still think about that guy. I just don't like anyone else, it seems. We really clicked. It would be better if I found out he died or something.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:20 PM

31,067 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
That's what everyone tells me, but I just still think about that guy. I just don't like anyone else, it seems. We really clicked. It would be better if I found out he died or something.
"Died" your kidding. Get over it already. For one almost everyone has had a one night stand.

To answer the question from the op, there are plenty of attractive bigger women that can get dates out there. Unfortunately, insecure woman of all types can be difficult to approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.