Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 11:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Crystal Renn looked better with the weight. I think she looks mannish and harsh now.
Beautiful face. She was a bit too large for her frame at first, but way too thin for it now. She needs about 15-20 more pounds.

Quote:
Taking everyone on an individual basis is the best way to go, though.
Indeed.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post

Men are also far more likely by far to be delusional about their looks and level of attractiveness to women, while women are more inherently self-critical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

I don't think you can say that either. Most men I know are very much aware of how attractive (or not) they are to women. We own mirrors just like you do. I do think women are too self-critical though.
Study finds unattractive men most likely to incorrectly think women dig them.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
WHAT they are? Perhaps some men like bigger women for WHO they are. The day my husband and I got married in 2006 I weighed 225 pounds, today I weigh 150 pounds however, he did not know me at the highest weight of 650+ pounds. I did not have surgery, do weight watchers, jenny craig or anything like that. I decided for myself one day that I did not want to live like I was any longer so I changed my entire lifestyle but I did it for MYSELF and no one else.

BIG can mean different things though, it can mean physically big as in a very tall woman who is physically built to her height, it can mean overweight a little or a lot, it can mean tall and overweight, it can mean tall and thin.

My point is making a general statement and referring to someone as "what" they are is in my opinion pretty shallow and biased. Getting to know someone for "who" they are no matter "how" they look is the way I choose to do things but to each his own.

I remember seeing a program--might have been Oprah, or Rikki Lake, something like that--in which large women with thin husbands were on stage. The thin women in the audience were castigating the large women. Finally one large woman said, "My husband will still find me attractive if I lose 50 pounds. Will yours still find you attractive if you gain 50?"

That shut a lot of people in the audience up.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:20 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,533,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGirl View Post
She changed the programs every time she'd hit a plateau, and never gave up. I saw her again a few weeks ago and she looks so confident. She has kept the weight off for over a year now and has even inspired some family members to follow in her foot steps. She's Hispanic like me so we are more likely to develop diabetes and she did not want that to be an option. I believe that when it comes to weight people can lose it as long they have realistic goals and stick to a balance of healthy eating and physical exercise.
what?

Old 01-27-2012, 12:23 PM

399 posts, read 855,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Congrats to her but is she taking vitamin supplements? She should if she hasn't already have a blood test done to make sure she is getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs to continue to be healthy. I take supplements now and Dr. ordered because my liver does not process food properly because of the disease. He just wants to make sure I don't make things worse and become a bone brittle malnourished mess later.
Thank you. We revisited that aspect just last night and she is of the opinion that she does not need any supplements. She eats a lot of everything except meat and in great moderation. Jackie sees her doctor faithfully due to her condition. She really believes that the absence of meat has helped to control her condition. I actually lost her one night in an elevator in Hartford Ct. but finally brought her around. It is amazing what she has done for herself. Most everything is organic that she eats. She seems smart enough to calculate the necessary vitamins and minerals and has become quite a pro at it.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:28 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
what?

Yes. Hispanics, African-Americans, and Asian-Americans have a higher risk and rate of developing type 2 diabetes than non-Hispanic whites.

[URL="http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/29/7/1585.short"]Ethnicity, Obesity, and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in Women[/URL]

[URL="http://www.everydayhealth.com/type-2-diabetes/ethnicity-and-your-diabetes-risk.aspx"]How Ethnicity Affects Type 2 Diabetes Risk - Type 2 Diabetes Center - EverydayHealth.com[/URL]

Complications tend to be worse in those groups, too.

So forget whether men find you attractive. Health is the greater concern, by far.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a 'big' girl at 6'1 with curves and have had men tell me they were scared and intimidated by me. I've also had men tell me they would never date me because I was bigger than them and that's never fun. People have preferences and there's not much one can do about that.
I can't even imagine someone saying something like that to me. I run into boneheads now and then where I feel like they're mocking me, but sometimes I wonder if it's their sad attempt at trying to get me to notice and talk to them (although I'm sure some were just plain ole d!ck heads), but if a guy was talking to me, I was pretty certain he was interested and either he liked my height or didn't give a crap.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:32 PM

526 posts, read 955,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
what?
Hispanics are more likely than the general population to develop diabetes. It is estimated that 2.5 million, or 10.4 percent of Hispanic and Latino Americans aged 20 and older have diabetes. Hispanics also are more likely to have undiagnosed diabetes than non-Hispanic whites and non-Hispanic blacks. Nearly half of Hispanic children born in the year 2000 are likely to develop diabetes during their lives. Risk factors include: being overweight; having a parent, brother, or sister with diabetes; being older than age 45; having had diabetes when pregnant; and being Hispanic/Latino, Alaska Native, American Indian, African American, Asian American or Pacific Islander.

Here's the link: Diabetes - Are Hispanics at Greater Risk?

Our food choices in regards of carbs and sugary products aren't the best which I think has a lot to do with it.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:34 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,370 times
Quote:
You are actually going to try to say that women aren't looking for the best-looking men? That is pure delusion if you actually believe that.
Looks are far less important to women, in general.

Quote:
I don't think you can say that either. Most men I know are very much aware of how attractive (or not) they are to women. We own mirrors just like you do. I do think women are too self-critical though.
Facts say otherwise.

I stand by my statement.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,533,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Yes. Hispanics, African-Americans, and Asian-Americans have a higher risk and rate of developing type 2 diabetes than non-Hispanic whites.

Ethnicity, Obesity, and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in Women

How Ethnicity Affects Type 2 Diabetes Risk - Type 2 Diabetes Center - EverydayHealth.com

Complications tend to be worse in those groups, too.

So forget whether men find you attractive. Health is the greater concern, by far.

wait wait wait

ethnicity????
do you know "Hispanic" is not an ethnicity right??

wow, some people here are beyond ignorant.

Im gonna go ahead and say "people with names starting with letter "C" have a higer risk to develop cancer. So if your name is Caroline, watch out!"

OMG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships