Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:59 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,614,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
So, where are your scientific studies? A link or two would be great.

In the meantime though, I suggest again that you look at the "many women" that you attract, and perhaps (just perhaps) take a look at yourself and see why YOU may be thinking this way.
Ok, havent found anything 'scientific" per se, up to this point. Ive read about these concepts in dating books and such (mostly after noticing same in real life), and there are hundreds if not thousands of sources online speaking of these tests. Not imagined.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
There you go, it's your issue. You are choosing the wrong women.

And you've never gone out to dinner and left your coat at the table when you went to take a pee?
PLenty of times. However, I never asked a girl I met 5 minutes ago to watch my coat, to see if she is a sucker or willing to stand up for herself. Ive seen the opposite take place, more than a dozen of times.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:04 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,095,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
PLenty of times. However, I never asked a girl I met 5 minutes ago to watch my coat, to see if she is a sucker or willing to stand up for herself. Ive seen the opposite take place, more than a dozen of times.
See, I would never leave my purse. No way in heck I'd trust someone I just met with my personal items, ID and cash/credit cards.

A jacket, different story. I don't care if he walks off and leaves my jacket unattended.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:05 PM

"Why Women Test Men

You've got to understand first that when a woman is dealing with a man she's considering as a potential mate, one of her top priorities is finding out if this guy really is a strong, confident, successful man. In both primal times and still today, ending up pregnant with the child of a weak, unsuccessful man meant and means bad news: lack of proper support from that man; lack of protection by him; susceptibility to the risks of the weak (jealousy, insecurity, anger, spousal abuse); a far higher chance of having a weak child."

When Women Test Men | Girls Chase#

Old 01-28-2012, 05:07 PM

307 posts, read 631,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Hmmm yea. Lets see some pop-evo pysch folk don't understand. It will most likely be linked to a blog.
LOL you certainly called that one right!

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,023,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Wow. I was making light of it before but this, if you're not just pulling our legs, really isn't funny. You should seriously consider talking to someone--before it escalates, as paranoia often does. You'll never have a long term or fulfilling relationship as long as you've got these delusions.

Best of luck to you. I won't joke about it anymore.

19,046 posts, read 25,219,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
In his defense, I think this was just meant to be a light-hearted thread,
I don't buy it. Bigotry is what it is. It makes no difference how folk want to dress it up.

Quote:
I think women really do have tests the put guys through, it only makes sense. Also, while I can't comment on everything exactly, there are many things we do as people, that are subconsious that we have coded into our minds for many thousands of years.
What people do is make determinations. Is s/he intelligent, compassionate, motivated, kind/unkind, lazy, hardworking. Sure, we try to figure that stuff out in the course of developing relationships. The tests, or games as someone noted earlier, mentioned in the OP is simply bankrupt on so many levels. Further, I don't believe anything is encoded socially. We have all witnessed vast sociological changes in the past 100 years. If anything sociological was genetically determined such changes would be impossible in such a short amount of time. I'm not fan of evo-psych and I've yet come across a lucid argument that gives it merit.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
See, I would never leave my purse. No way in heck I'd trust someone I just met with my personal items, ID and cash/credit cards.

A jacket, different story. I don't care if he walks off and leaves my jacket unattended.
Good point, my assumption would then be that you would not do a test like that to a guy. I am being 100% honest though when I tell you, that I was asked to do this, probably 5 or 6 times, by women whom I just met and approached. The thing is, I see right through these challenges, so almost feel like Im cheating, already knowing the proper response...

Old 01-28-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't buy it. Bigotry is what it is. It makes no difference how folk want to dress it up.

What people do is make determinations. Is s/he intelligent, compassionate, motivated, kind/unkind, lazy, hardworking. Sure, we try to figure that stuff out in the course of developing relationships. The tests, or games as someone noted earlier, mentioned in the OP is simply bankrupt on so many levels. Further, I don't believe anything is encoded socially. We have all witnessed vast sociological changes in the past 100 years. If anything sociological was genetically determined such changes would be impossible in such a short amount of time. I'm not fan of evo-psych and I've yet come across a lucid argument that gives it merit.
I am sorry that is hw you perceive me and my post. My true intention is to get feminine angle on these challenges and nothing more. You are obviously entitled to your opinion, and it doesnt effect me in one way or another. This was meant for a lighthearted discussion.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Wow. I was making light of it before but this, if you're not just pulling our legs, really isn't funny. You should seriously consider talking to someone--before it escalates, as paranoia often does. You'll never have a long term or fulfilling relationship as long as you've got these delusions.

Best of luck to you. I won't joke about it anymore.
I am perfectly happy, healthy and succesful individual, on every level. I have zero problems with dating and Im certainly not paranoid. SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships