Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 05:26 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
I am perfectly happy, healthy and succesful individual, on every level. I have zero problems with dating and Im certainly not paranoid. SMH
If you have turned to dating gurus you are not doing very well. But, you're not even aware of that. Interesting.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:26 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So - by this logic - is my husband "testing" me when he does things like ask me where the remote is or ask me how my day was? What are his real intentions!

Now I'm going to think twice ever time I ask someone to watch my bag or my jacket for me! Then again - since I still don't understand why this would be a test - I guess I'll never know if they passed or not!
I have no idea, Ive never really witnessed guys testing women. I take it you think I am overanalyzing, and perhaps you are right. But I have always noticed these things in my relations, and always wondered why that is and have always been curious of what women think about that. I am a thinker, while I fully recognize that many females prefer a guy who is easily satisfied with a good meal and a little sex. A simple man.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
If you have turned to dating gurus you are not doing very well. But, you're not even aware of that. Interesting.
dating gurus? I have no problems with dating or meeting new women. If I did, I would tell you so.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:28 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
e
Quote:
".....Generalizing what a woman wants from a man is not easy. Most women think differently and it takes a lot of intuition on your part to really understand what a woman’s thinking. Some women will say they want men who can protect them (like Prince Charming, or some knight from a fairytale). Some will say they want men who will treat them as an equal.
Asking a girl directly will only confuse you, so don’t. However, there is a way to find out what a woman wants from you by taking a closer look at how she tests you...."

Source: How Women Test Men: What Girls Really Want from Guys http://www.evilwoobie.com/2010/03/12...#ixzz1knljnkpv
Evil Woobie. Dating. Relationships. Zodiac Signs.

Seriously, this is going from bad to worse.

You said you're in your 30's, right? Have you NEVER been with someone who will let you know, straight out, how they feel?

I will guess on this one. You probably have, but have been so freaked out that the relationship ended before it began.

If you actually listen, women WILL tell you what they want. Honestly, the "purse thing" is the end result of all of this. Far be it from me to speak for other women, but I would NOT be leaving my purse with someone I didn't trust. The line at the DMV to get a duplicate license is enough to dissuade me.

Stop thinking too much about it, and go with it. And, really, quit reading these blogs from self-proclaimed "experts". Though they do provide some well-needed laughs, it's really nothing to hang your hat on.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:31 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I can honestly say I've never put a man through one of these tests. I think you're possibly reading too much into average things people do in general. Way too much. Most people don't sit out and plot like that. I think those that do are on the verge of some major issues and I just don't think that many people are that messed up.

I can see people--men as well as women--doing an occasional test when something provokes them or raises suspicions. Other than that, nothing to this extent. Wow.
No kidding. What a bunch of malarkey. Another frustrated dude trying to make ridiculous assumptions and generalizations about women.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
e

Evil Woobie. Dating. Relationships. Zodiac Signs.

Seriously, this is going from bad to worse.

You said you're in your 30's, right? Have you NEVER been with someone who will let you know, straight out, how they feel?

I will guess on this one. You probably have, but have been so freaked out that the relationship ended before it began.

If you actually listen, women WILL tell you what they want. Honestly, the "purse thing" is the end result of all of this. Far be it from me to speak for other women, but I would NOT be leaving my purse with someone I didn't trust. The line at the DMV to get a duplicate license is enough to dissuade me.

Stop thinking too much about it, and go with it. And, really, quit reading these blogs from self-proclaimed "experts". Though they do provide some well-needed laughs, it's really nothing to hang your hat on.
FWIW, I dont read these blogs, but I know for a fact that my observations have been voiced in print an online, by seemingly endless sources. Im just simply googling them for your entartainment, to see how far most will go to deny the reality. And as for the purse thing.....I guarantee you, Im spot on. Ask some of your friends, male or female and they will absolutely echo what Im saying. Beter yet, observe it for yourself! BTW, yes, Ive dated few girls who were very straight forward, and I actualy find that trait very, very attractive. However, each and every one of those girls, also attempted to test me on few different occasions.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Well, so far the answers I have gotten were "Women dont test men", "you need to go see a shrink" and "you attract women who test". Im willing to consider the last answewr, but it will take me a little while to really get a good idea if that the case or not. To be perfectly honest, i was expecting at least some to give me an idea of why women test men. But I do appreciate the responses, I really do.
The problem is... we DON'T. You have a warped view of reality. Nothing anyone here on a forum can do for you on that.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No kidding. What a bunch of malarkey. Another frustrated dude trying to make ridiculous assumptions and generalizations about women.
OMG...Where am I frustrated? I stated Im happy, content and succesful - in dating as well as other apects of my life.....you must know more about me through pre-assumptions than I do for the last 35 years of living in my own skin. Does it make you feel uncomfortable that I bring the reality up for discussion?

Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
dating gurus? I have no problems with dating or meeting new women. If I did, I would tell you so.
Yea, the first book you linked was from a dating guru. You're posting it. It's your deal.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
The , "watch my bag or jacket test" is very common in bars/clubs and to see if the male is a potentialy suitable mate. If the guy says "sure thing I will wait here for you and be at your disposal" gives a vibe that the guy is a walkover and someone who wont standup for himself. Its a failed test for the poor soul
Wow. Where the hell do you go out? I have never, ever, in my life heard of such nonsense. No intelligent woman is going to leave her things with someone, "as a test".

Op, you take the cake for the silliest post of the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships