Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 AM

17 posts, read 31,609 times

Advertisements

I know for a fact that her she's not married to this pyscho ex husband, but I think you are on to something about the boyfriend and break. I mean after all he is flying his daughter and her kids out skiing this weekend. So something is up. however she has told me over and over again that they are just friends. The things that she has said to me, I mean I felt like we really hit it off over the past month. Maybe she just needs to figure some things out this week and I am taking a back seat while she does that. ?? I don't know, I can't keep racking my brain about it. i don't know the answers, but I thought she would be mature enough to let me know what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 08:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh421 View Post
I know for a fact that her she's not married to this pyscho ex husband, but I think you are on to something about the boyfriend and break. I mean after all he is flying his daughter and her kids out skiing this weekend. So something is up. however she has told me over and over again that they are just friends. The things that she has said to me, I mean I felt like we really hit it off over the past month. Maybe she just needs to figure some things out this week and I am taking a back seat while she does that. ?? I don't know, I can't keep racking my brain about it. i don't know the answers, but I thought she would be mature enough to let me know what is going on.
I mean have you just has casual dates so far and that's it?

Old 01-31-2012, 08:10 AM

As for casual dates, she stayed at my place a few weeks ago. We didn't have sex, but we played for quite a while. Then she cancelled all these plans we had for this past Saturday. Hang out at her house, go to church, dinner at her house, then go out dancing. Big plans to just cancel because her girlfriend needed her. But she also has a lot to deal with 2 kids, traveling this week, and then having to deal with her ex boyfriend, this weekend. He ex husband is livid at her for having this guy fly the kids out.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
As for casual dates, she stayed at my place a few weeks ago. We didn't have sex, but we played for quite a while. Then she cancelled all these plans we had for this past Saturday. Hang out at her house, go to church, dinner at her house, then go out dancing. Big plans to just cancel because her girlfriend needed her. But she also has a lot to deal with 2 kids, traveling this week, and then having to deal with her ex boyfriend, this weekend. He ex husband is livid at her for having this guy fly the kids out.

I don't know...it's hard to say without knowing her. But maybe you aren't moving fast enough for her. Maybe she just realized she doesn't have the chemistry with you and wants to let you down easy as well

Old 01-31-2012, 08:21 AM

At what point do I just flat out and text her, what is going on? I just don't like to not know....

Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 AM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I don't know...it's hard to say without knowing her. But maybe you aren't moving fast enough for her. Maybe she just realized she doesn't have the chemistry with you and wants to let you down easy as well
I was thinking the same thing. You have spent a lot of time with her and she spent the night which indicates she was most likely ready to elevate the relationship to the next level. You didn't come through, and like the other thread, she took that as a sign of rejection and responded to another man who was giving her what she wanted.

Not saying this is exactly what happened but a possibility from the information you gave.

Quote:
At what point do I just flat out and text her, what is going on? I just don't like to not know....
I think Now would work for me, or a call if you can muster that. It's your time thats being wasted.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 AM

I could maybe agree to the fact of not moving fast enough, but before we went back to my place she made it clear that we were not going to have sex. I held restraint and she told me how much she respected that and that she could trust me. She made it clear that we would not have sex until I got a STD test which is fine, and maybe I screwed up by not having one done before that evening. I know she wanted to have sex that night, but after that night she was glad that we didn't ruin the relationship by having it. ?? very confusing I know.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Hello.

So I have been seeing a very nice woman over the past month. 4-5 dates, talk on the phone all the time and text.

Well we went to lunch last Friday and all was good. We had big plans for Saturday as she is going on a biz. trip for the whole week. Anyway she cancelled on me, Saturday morning said that one of her GF's needed her. She was very apologetic in the text, and I even asked her if we were fine and she stated yes. That has been the last I have heard from her.

Now her ex husband is heavily involved in her life. Very controlling. She is also very involved with her ex boyfriend, they broke up last October but have remained friends. He is actually flying out his daughter and her kids this weekend to go skiing. She didn't want her kids to fly alone.

I am just stumped. I have texted her a few times and have called her and haven't gotten any response since Saturday. I know that she is a very busy woman, but this behavior is just odd. I sent one last "good morning" text to her this morning and got nothing. She usually calls me on the phone.

What do you think is going on? Thanks.
Here's my guidance: Butt out.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I could maybe agree to the fact of not moving fast enough, but before we went back to my place she made it clear that we were not going to have sex. I held restraint and she told me how much she respected that and that she could trust me. She made it clear that we would not have sex until I got a STD test which is fine, and maybe I screwed up by not having one done before that evening. I know she wanted to have sex that night, but after that night she was glad that we didn't ruin the relationship by having it. ?? very confusing I know.
I mean did she tell you from the first date you needed a test?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 AM

We discussed it and was a prerequisite for sex, but the relationship was still revolving and she stated that she would not have sex until we were exclusive. She would tell me if/when that happens and it was never brought up. Meaning we were still dating around and haven't made any official boyfriend/girlfriend agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships