Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 02:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Slow down.

You're the only person you can control. So make sure you take it slow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 02:11 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
If I were the type to have first date sex, being turned down might give me more respect for and increase my interest in you. Might even make me look twice at myself for having first date sex. But I wouldn't do that so I'm just guessing by my personality.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Deep down, most would feel dejected. I can honestly say that I would never have first date sex and it has nothing to do with moral reasoning. It's for health reasons. I don't know your sexual health, so I'm certainly not going to sleep with someone I just met.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:37 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In all honesty - the times that I have been hurt when a guy hasn't wanted to have sex with me were all instances where I was in the relationship with the guy - not on a first date. And we talked about everything and moved past it.

I've never had sex on a first date nor would I ever have wanted to. Most women who are looking for a serious relationship do not initiate sex on a first date. Most of my girlfriends that do have sex on the first date are either just looking to get some or erroneously believe that all men mean it when they say they'll call them again.

I don't think there is a double standard or hypocrisy expressed on this thread. Men and women are different genders and many react in different ways because of that. Whereas many men might see a woman turning down sex on a first date as a given or a challenge and not something to get upset over, many women might feel that a guy turning down sex with them means that they aren't attractive and therefore might feel rejected. People work in different ways. It's not hypocrisy - just human nature.
I agree Dew, but do you sort of agree that that woman is making the assumption that the guy's only attraction towards her is because of sex, therefore, if he's not interested in sex RIGHT NOW then he's not attracted to her? I definitely understand it. I mean some guys might just be playing with her, but is it so hard to give him the benefit of the doubt that he cares for he is, is interested in a physical relationship, but wants to get to know her first?

Old 01-31-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You obviously are missing the point of why i said that :roll eyes:. Go back and read the reply again.
Your response was plain enough for me. You're bringing up the fact that some men you know act like babies when they can't have their 'candy.' Totally besides the point, if you ask me. Just because most of x group act a certain way, does not mean you hold the minority to the same standards. Tit for tat just sounds childish.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 PM

Rihanna is no more attractive than the average dame on the street to me. The second one is a little better. Being famous does not make someone more attractive, even if a million people say so.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Really? How about with this one?

Or, this one?

Don't care. It's called self-control. Exercise it.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:21 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
Found ur response to be very funny but also true. Why cant a guy just want to makeout and touch some boobs but not have sex. I enjoy sex im definately not a prude but if i sleep with every date i have im gonna have a number in the hundreds by the time i settle down with someone. I dnt get whats so wierd about wanting to fool around but not have sex right off the bat
After re-reading the OP, and his later posts such as this one ^^^, I'm revising my answer somewhat. The OP is the male equivalent of a c**k-tease. If a woman were to initiate a hot & heavy make-out session with someone she's just met, only to call a stop (which of course is everyone's right) then she'd be slammed for playing games.

Women that would respect and appreciate the OP's position of not having sex right away, were likely not planning on it to begin with.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:55 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
first off, I would never even be initiating first date sex. second..I don't prefer to kiss on the first date but if it happens, I do not make out..just a peck!

third..I'm sick and tired of men practically throwing themselves at me (no I'm not bragging..its not flattering) so when a man paces himself I actually think he genuinely really wants to get to know me and thus I'm more comfortable with him. so with a sane women..turning her down for first date sex, is a good thing! trust me! I don't even know why this is a question!

Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Don't care. It's called self-control. Exercise it.
Real talk?! Well, your a better man, than me. because if she comes knocking at my door... it's my duty, to please that booty.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships