Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No thanks. If I want a warm man in the middle of the night, I want to roll over, not get in the car.
Can't rep you, but reps to you!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:56 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
By the time a single person, male or female, has been going out "partying" every week for 15 years or so, the novelty wears off (ages 21-36).
I've been going out for longer than 15 years and never grew tired of it.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:58 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
I've been going out for longer than 15 years and never grew tired of it.
I was tired of going out partying before I was out of college. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:58 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I was tired of going out partying before I was out of college. Different strokes for different folks.
Exactly, that's why LM assumption makes no sense.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:59 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,021,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Marriage does not benefit men
There must be some benefit, an awful lot of men still get married.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:04 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times
Freedom is never boring. What you do with it can be. You may not agree but people can be entirely single and lived fulfilled lives. The problem is that they don't necessarily utilize it or their lack of resources will inhibit their ability to expand possibilities. I would listen to the song but I HATE country and western. He is implying that single men are just men looking for someone. I think it's safe to say that's the case of the minority. I believe single people just come across their future partners. Then again, I'm one who believes that humans aren't biologically wired to have to have a partner (relationships are overrated in that respect).

Old 08-27-2012, 02:10 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Marriage does not benefit men
Marriage would not benefit you. It certainly benefits my husband.

Eta:
To answer the rep comment, yes I'm sure. My husband has a person who is entirely devoted to him and that's simply not something everybody deserves. You guys get shyte because you give shyte. That's how it typically goes. I am curious why any wo/man on this forum would be too cowardly to leave his anonymous userid. That's pretty goofy.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 08-27-2012 at 02:26 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,921 times
Default tobemarriedornot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
1. So that you are free to romantically pursue whomever you'd like.
2. So that your money and hard earned possessions are always safe.
3. So that you can do what you want, when you want, and with whomever you want. Not being married allows one to be selfish, which is how most people naturally are anyway.
4. So that you are free of the expectations and time commitments that come with marriage.
I was a male ***** during my single days. At first, it was cool, knocking them down. Afterwhile, i grew old, because i wanted love sincerely vs one night stand funk sessions. I finally found "the one." Yes i see attractive women all the time but i have no desire to chase them.

Money is the one and only entity that miss about single life.

Do whatever i want/live with expectatations? I am not trying to be homeless. I dont want to be a bum. I have a legacy to live up to, as do my children. I am able to do what i want as a team, sort of. I have accountability. I have children who rely on me. Doing what i want would very selfish and an example that i would not show to my kids.

Your line of questions sound high schoolish. I wanted to be something. I wanted to be someone. I wanted kids. I wanted to carry my family name. You want a life of no accountability, "f"ing every women...why?

Old 08-27-2012, 02:44 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,921,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I was a male ***** during my single days. At first, it was cool, knocking them down. Afterwhile, i grew old, because i wanted love sincerely vs one night stand funk sessions. I finally found "the one." Yes i see attractive women all the time but i have no desire to chase them.

Money is the one and only entity that miss about single life.

Do whatever i want/live with expectatations? I am not trying to be homeless. I dont want to be a bum. I have a legacy to live up to, as do my children. I am able to do what i want as a team, sort of. I have accountability. I have children who rely on me. Doing what i want would very selfish and an example that i would not show to my kids.

Your line of questions sound high schoolish. I wanted to be something. I wanted to be someone. I wanted kids. I wanted to carry my family name. You want a life of no accountability, "f"ing every women...why?
Why would I want accountability? The less responsiblities I have, the better.

All I really want to do is make as much money as possible so that I can travel and sleep with hundreds of attractive women from all around the world. That's it, and if you gave me $5-10 million right now, that's exactly what I'd be doing. Of course, my parents will be expecting at least one grandchild at some point so I'll have to work something out so that we can all be happy.

Last edited by bicoastal10; 08-27-2012 at 02:53 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 02:46 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
...Because everyone has to have kids in order to be "someone"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships