Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,195,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
As a father of 3 daughters let me say that I think you should stop dating ANYONE until you gain some self respect. Then you should work on your reasoning skills. You actually think a man who showed such disrespect for his wife is all of a sudden going to show respect for you? You do realize dont you, that just because a skunk is white/black instead of black/white, HE"S STILL A SKUNK???
Reminds me of a mantra I live by....If someone can do something with you, they most certainly can do it to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 AM

896 posts, read 1,477,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Dating a divorced guy who had a few mistresses in the past and loads of former girlfriends.
You are really hot, aren't you?

And he is really rich, isn't he?

Sounds like you deserve each other

Old 02-16-2012, 08:25 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
why would you think its a joke? I'm not the only person on Planet Earth that has to deal with bf's friends with xgf's and Mistresses.......
I think you two may be a good match. There's someone for everyone out there.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:50 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,324 times
You obviously can't handle this, so it's not going to work. You might as well cut it off now.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
i guess the burning question is knowing what u know, why do u add your name to the list? what do u hope to get from this relationship?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:57 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,988,837 times
After reading through all this, everyone keeps talking about the guy like he is some sort of disease. BUT

My take is that he has extreme insecurities. His list of sexual partners appears to me to be a trophy case of conquests. His ego is fed by your jealousies. I am sure he is extremely charming, good looking, and fun to be around. And he might actually be ready to grow up and commit.

You haven't commented (that I recall) but does he have other female friends on his social networks that aren't or weren't booty calls?

It seems apparent to me that you have a lot of growing up to do as well. You need to develop that confidence that says former relationships are irrelevant.

Maybe you could consider becoming bisexual so you could join him when he wants a little on the side. That way he doesn't sneak around and end up coming home to you......you don't sneak and you come home together. There are several ways of handling it, from dropping him, to ignoring them, to ignore the new ones, to sharing them all. Its up to you, but I doubt he will quit other women........he needs the reassurance that he is desired by all.......and I know men in their 60's that are the same way.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
GF'S are gals he dated when he was not married Mistresses are women he dated and had a ffairs with when he was married.
There's your answer right there!! Run far far away from this loser!!! His past actions speak louder than his words. There is no way that he could ever be a faithful bf to you. Don't be stupid. Cut this guy completely out of your life!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,215,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
It seems apparent to me that you have a lot of growing up to do as well. You need to develop that confidence that says former relationships are irrelevant.
Former relationships aren't irrelevant when he's basically still having them. There are plenty of men who won't flaunt their past conquests in their girlfriends' faces.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 AM

31,085 posts, read 22,101,630 times
So many flags but the following sums up my questions:

1) What does this guy have to offer that he can get away with flaunting his past conquest and still get women to pursue him? Looks? Personality? Money? Best lover in the world? all of the above?

Ive never seen any guy other than Hugh Hefner that fits your description

Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,112,026 times
They say people CAN change, but I personally wouldn't date anyone who had cheated in the past. And it doesn't sound like it was a one time isolated incident of cheating either. It sounds almost like he's proud of it. Don't be that woman who thinks she is so fantastic that the guy won't cheat on her. Once a cheater, always a cheater and it doesn't have anything to do with how great you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships