Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:55 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Good, then it sounds like your career is ok...and probably in a progressive place in TX. Was just wondering if you were stuck in Pueblo CO or Cheyenne WY.

The reason is that guys don't care because 1) they tend to be more focused on what you can do, 2) they're more chill about this sort of thing. Many women are "catty" and that's the way it is.
What is going on with those 2 cities? Guys are also laid back and cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
No one is qualified to judge you. No one.
Only God can judge me - Tupac

Old 02-27-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Dear Abby used to advise that you turn the question back on them.

Instead of giving them any kind of answer you say, "why would you ask me such a personal question?"

Or just have a one line sentence ready that you repeat for all intrusive questions - I don't discuss my personal life at work.

Dude, you're way past the age when other people should be allowed to get away with intimidating you!

The more comfortable and confident you are in your own skin, the less chance people will think they can walk all over you like this.
Yea, I could have asked that question but that is rude and I am at work.

Outside of work, it is different.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM

41 posts, read 65,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Hi, I am a 34 years old male. At work, I do get asked a few times about if I have a girflriend and/or kid(s) by female co-workers. When I tell them that I do not have a girlfriend and no kids, they seem surprised. I told them that I would rather be with someone who does not have any kids nor wants any. I did not mean to offend anyone but that is what I want. They said that I will have a hard time finding that type of girl and one girl at work said that 'I don't have kids and I don't want to be with you'.<--This is kinda rude right? I also tend to act shy when I meet someone new also and I know that is a turn off to females from my experience. They also might think I am gay.

Most of these if not all do have kid(s) and single mothers that ask me these questions.

I am really a extremely positive guy overall and I am not ashamed to be single today. I do have prospects but I just don't want to settle for less.

I am also a very private person and I don't discuss my private life with just anyone specially co-workers. I respect everyone even if they put me down so I am very down to earth. There are also other single guys with no kids at work and I wonder what they go through and if I am the only one that gets the spotlight.

I have also been hated and called weird because I am always positive. They think I am on some drugs. Normally, I do not care about what others say but when it comes to having a girl or not, it gets me everytime, it must be my weakness.

Also, what if that girl is on this board and finds out who I am? Then I might get terminated.
OMG - I need to straighten you out brother.

I work with and have tons of male friends who have no kids and don't want any little turds draining their wallets, ruining their lives and marriage.
These guys range from 24-55.

Its 2012- you should be commended for not overpopulating the planet. The days of you find a woman, have a kid and white picket fence nonsense are OVER!
Thats why this country is collapsed, the suburban ideal and single mothers creating criminals.
Most men have children who treat them quite awful and leave them to die in old age homes.

Second - my GOd man - you are doing great.
Only a loser, spineless wimp who is a failure in life gets involved with a single mother with kids.
Avoid any woman with a kid!!!!
Start listenging to Tom Leykis on youtube (he will be back on the air soon)

You are doing great, have fun, bang as many broads as possible.

Ignore all the skanks, hags and female slobs on this site who say otherwise.
Women who insult you on this site are creeps to begin with angry at men for not giving them the time of day. Ignore them.
They are some good ones, but there seems to be many angry beasts here.

Look up man, you are a catch. Many women would kill for a guy your age with a great career and no BS baggage. I know so many guys who are digusted by their wife and kids and wish for the days of being single.

Find a fit, hot, athletic, childfree lady with a career, hobbies and life to date.
They are out there- you may need to move
Avoid the hags and hogs ,especially the slobs with kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
My advice to all men

Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:

You are missing the point.

If someone is going to be rude enough to ask you these kinds of questions at work, you have the right to turn it back on them and hold them accountable for their rudeness by asking the question I gave you

Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

Based on your first post, you are the only one upholding these standards in your workplace.

The women asking all the judgmental questions obviously have no problem being "rude at work."

You can either play by the rules they are using or yours, which do not appear to be working for you.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:05 PM

I think they were offended when I told them that I don't want a girl with kids.

I might as well get an Vasectomy.

Women on this board are nice though.

I have been questioned a few times on eating healthy also. I don't see anything wrong with that either. I like to workout and stay fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm1a View Post
OMG - I need to straighten you out brother.

I work with and have tons of male friends who have no kids and don't want any little brats who 25-45.

Its 2012- you should be commended for not overpopulating the planet.

Second - my GOd man - you are doing great.
Only a loser, spineless wimp who is a failure in life gets involved with a single mother with kids.
Avoid any woman with a kid!!!!
Start listenging to Tom Leykis on youtube (he will be back on the air soon)

You are doing great, have fun, bang as many broads as possible.

Ignore all the skanks, hags and female slobs on this site who say otherwise.
Women who insult you on this site are creeps to begin with angry at men for not giving them the time of day. Ignore them.
They are some good ones, but there seems to be many angry beasts here.

Look up man, you are a catch. Many women would kill for a guy your age with a great career and no BS baggage. I know so many guys who are digusted by their wife and kids and wish for the days of being single.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are missing the point.

If someone is going to be rude enough to ask you these kinds of questions at work, you have the right to turn it back on them and hold them accountable for their rudeness by asking the question I gave you
What about my job? I am 'at will' employment.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Based on your first post, you are the only one upholding these standards in your workplace.

The women asking all the judgmental questions obviously have no problem being "rude at work."

You can either play by the rules they are using or yours, which do not appear to be working for you.
Why cause more conflict and drama at work?

Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
What about my job? I am 'at will' employment.
Are you so afraid of losing your job that you will allow others to walk all over you and treat you rudely??

I cannot imagine any boss would get rid of an employee who just politely informed others that they didn't wish to discuss their personal life

Don't you get it? The questions they are asking you are what is rude. Not wanting to answer is NOT rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships