Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I will only date woman who are in the following weight range
Super Skinny is for me 6 8.82%
No bigger than Ideal is all I will date 15 22.06%
Average +10% is fine but no more 27 39.71%
Like some extra, especially if shes in the voluptuous category 9 13.24%
No problems with a bigger woman as long as she healthy 5 7.35%
No limit up or down, I don't discriminate on weight 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
THese guidelines that you guys are using are outdated and inaccurate. People are built differently with very different body composition. I am a 6'2" guy, who weights 205 lbs - which would make me overweight by your standards. Surprisingly, Im healthy, with 8% body fat, very impressive BMI and in outstanding athletic shape. Weight is only a number and it means very little in grand scheme of things, yet many get so caught up with it.
In the real world at 6'2" 205 most people that look at you would say you are at an Ideal weight. Thats like and NFL Wide Reciever or corner back size and they don't carry much fat. How could anyone say that is over weight. I'm about the same weight but 6' and anyone who has seen me would say I don't need to lose a pound. Same applies to woman; One woman can look great at XXX weight and another will look ehh. Muscle mass and how the weight is distributed is more relevant to how a woman or man looks than a number on a scale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 09:23 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
In the real world at 6'2" 205 most people that look at you would say you are at an Ideal weight. Thats like and NFL Wide Reciever or corner back size and they don't carry much fat. How could anyone say that is over weight. I'm about the same weight but 6' and anyone who has seen me would say I don't need to lose a pound. Same applies to woman; One woman can look great at XXX weight and another will look ehh. Muscle mass and how the weight is distributed is more relevant to how a woman or man looks than a number on a scale
Of course, no one has ever claimed that BMI is the last word in health, it has its limitations. But the fact is that most people are not built like athletes with high muscle mass and low body fat. For most people who are 6'0 205, they're just carrying too much fat.

There may be the odd 5'4 160 woman who is muscular and actually healthy, but for most women who fit into that national average all that weight is excess fat.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:35 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Maria Sharapova is like 6'2" yet she weighs like 59kg. What gives there? She doesn't look too skinny, on the slim side yes, but she must be naturally very light.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
no as soon as we finish coffee at starbucks i walk them over to von's pharmacy and weight her in.
i dont get it she was so nice b4 and seemed to enjoy my company. suddenly very combative and belligerant. always ends the same way.
do u think i should have offered to drive her over to von's rather than walk?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Since it was brought up in another thread I had to post this one in a poll. I have heard that many men say that a woman’s weight is the biggest deal breaker of all when men are looking. I don't necessarily equate looks with weight, it's more a matter of proportion and being healthy: Normal blood pressure, Cholestrol and able to get out and hike or dance without wheezing. There is a very vocal group of men that protest heavier women. I don't believe it is even half of all men but I could be wrong.

In reality most woman, even heavier woman have a man at least some time in her life. She may have a cute face or some other feature that is more important to a man.

Guys only please.
It is not the weight that would be a deal breaker but a woman being fat. It seems fat women are not the most attractive women to men but that shouldn’t be bad news for American women as there will always be someone out there who will find her attractive and nice to hang around with.

Personally, I am not attracted to fat women, but I dated a chubby Latina before. Good times!

Old 03-07-2012, 10:25 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
THese guidelines that you guys are using are outdated and inaccurate. People are built differently with very different body composition. I am a 6'2" guy, who weights 205 lbs - which would make me overweight by your standards. Surprisingly, Im healthy, with 8% body fat, very impressive BMI and in outstanding athletic shape. Weight is only a number and it means very little in grand scheme of things, yet many get so caught up with it.
I always thought that for someone who is ~6' being around 200 was a "good average build" until I read the BMI charts.

So I think they are pointless.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Maria Sharapova is like 6'2" yet she weighs like 59kg. What gives there? She doesn't look too skinny, on the slim side yes, but she must be naturally very light.
I think she is pretty skinny. Around model skinny. With a bit more muscle tone. She doesn't look "anorexic" or anything like that, but on my continuum, that is really small for that height.

I always think of Gabby Reece. At the height of her volleyball career, she was what 170? And she is 6' 3." She always looked amazing in my book, a much more desirable body type.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:43 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Do you date women regardless of weight?

Guys only please.
Come on here. Lets be honest. Its like asking a woman "Would you date a guy regardless of his employment status?" or "Would you date a guy despite his poor credit rating and poverty level income?".

Most guys would answer your question with a resounding - NO.

Women, would answer the question(s) I proposed here with all kinds of caveats and long explanations on all types of other stuff. Which basically means they would answer NO, but dont want to sound like they guys they attack in posts here who say the exact same thing.

For me, as I have ALWAYS said, its NOT about weight!!! Its about the the Visual of what she looks like. NOT at all about what the scale says or what the label on her dress says, its about what I think about how she physically looks. Sure, you are absolutely friggin' 100% correct that weight DOES play a role, because I am in no way shape or form physically attracted to an obese woman, but really, its about what I find physically appealing. She can be 160-170 pounds but if she LOOKS good (Gabrielle Reece, Serena Williams) then she has a chance with me. But if she's 170-180 pounds (Adele, Rosie O'Donnell, fat chick on Glee) then no way.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times
Quote:
Take her as an example of the other end of the spectrum. Just as some people with high weights may not appear heavy, some people with low weights don't appear overly thin.

I'm in the same camp as Sharapova. People half a foot shorter than I am consider themselves thin at my weight, but I don't look unhealthily skinny.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:00 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
59 kilos is about 130 pounds. I think Sharapova is a bit thin and not as athletic/fit looking as I prefer. My wife is 5' 2" at 122 pounds and she looks WAAAAY better than Sharapova. Anna Kournakova (who is a thousand times hotter than Sharapova) is 5' 8" and 120 pounds but her body for some reason looks better than Sharapova's. Serena Williams is 5' 9" and 155 pounds and looks great. Just goes to show just how different women can look at differing heights and weights. Its all about the visual and less about the numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships