Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 PM

391 posts, read 688,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
First off, I don't wanna hear none of this "People look much better without any on at all!" What I'm asking is how much can the clothes someone wears effect how attractive they are? Have you ever seen someone in certain clothes and thought "Wow, they look hideous!" Then you see the same person another time in something different and think "Wow, they look really nice!" I've always heard people say "dress to impress." Well, is that true? Or should people wear what they feel comfortable in?
I think you answered your own question.

Dressing sharp will get you more positive attention than going around
like the average person; however, there may be times when you want
to mix with the crowd and dress down... such as when traveling to not
make yourself a thief magnet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 04:18 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
First off, I don't wanna hear none of this "People look much better without any on at all!" What I'm asking is how much can the clothes someone wears effect how attractive they are? Have you ever seen someone in certain clothes and thought "Wow, they look hideous!" Then you see the same person another time in something different and think "Wow, they look really nice!" I've always heard people say "dress to impress." Well, is that true? Or should people wear what they feel comfortable in?
Wear what you feel comfortable in. Just make sure it's still somewhat fashionable and looks well on you.

And for the record, t-shirts and jeans could fit this look as well.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:10 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
What about the people who cannot afford to dress to the 9's? Is it all about being superficial? You have 2 women standing side by side and do not know either one of them. Woman #1 is dressed beautifully (but if you knew her personally, she's a snooty bag who wouldn't give you one minute of her time UNLESS you were in her social group) Woman #2 is really not dressed as well, she just doesn't have the money to invest in fancy clothing (she is one of the nicest & kindest women you will ever meet and doesn't mind listening to you). Soooo... how would you perceive these women based upon just looks? It's allll superficial.
Money has nothing to do with it. You can get very "put together" outfits at a thrift store for next to nothing. No one needs "money to invest in fancy clothing" to look well dressed.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 AM

395 posts, read 707,455 times
I prefer simple clothing on women. Something that allows me to see them and focus on them and not their clothing.

I like it when they dress up for special occasions, but day in and day out i prefer her to be healthy, fit and dress simple and hot! also dressing up sometimes takes too much time in a ltr. i like to be more spontaneous at times....

Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbrian View Post
I prefer simple clothing on women. Something that allows me to see them and focus on them and not their clothing.

I like it when they dress up for special occasions, but day in and day out i prefer her to be healthy, fit and dress simple and hot! also dressing up sometimes takes too much time in a ltr. i like to be more spontaneous at times....

Got my vote!!!!

WOW!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
I can only speak for myself, but when I am dressed nice and smelling nice, I feel great and it shows when I walk out in public. I feel confident and I am smiling, and more people notice me and talk to me. So yeah for me, it makes a big difference.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:35 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,384,203 times
Quote:
Clothes and dress can make a HUGE difference. Certain outfits and accentuate the good and make one look smoking while another can render someone a total hag.

Case in point, when I first met my non-husband, first date he looked great, had on a nice fitting button down, nice pants and shoes. Looked great. Next date we toured museums in DC and he showed up in a T-shirt, with a loose fitting button up over top and some long shorts (the fat man's outfit). It was unflattering and he looked sloppy and dumpy. I didn't feel as attracted. He dressed not as nice the next few dates until I finally said something to him. I honestly thought he was too overweight. We took a brief break and when we met for drinks again, he came dressed in a nice fitting outfit and I thought he looked smoking!

He's learned what things look good on him and what things don't (never leave the house in just a T-shirt when you have a few extra pounds).

Same for me. Same for everyone.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 AM

733 posts, read 1,664,023 times
Clothes make a HUGE difference. From my perspective, clothes and make up can easily turn a 6 to a 8. Not every one is blessed with natural good looks, but there are many things a girl can do to make herself physically attractive. Any girl would be attractive if they take care of their appearance: fashionable clothes (not too edgy though, as straight guys don't understand high fashion), appropriate amount of make up, a shapely and healthy looking body. Done.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:47 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
I am guessing you should dress in accord with the manner of dress of the person or persons you wish to attract.

In all cases, I would say that clean and neat -- even gothic or grunge has a neat and not neat quality. If you have stains on your clothes, or you look like you've just crawled out of the lagoon, probably you will not be attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships