Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 06:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times

Advertisements

Just my 2 cents...when you are going to refer to "women" as "females" it is only right and proper to use the word "males", not "guys" to describe the opposite sex.

Most people are referring to dogs or other animals when they use the word "female" anyway, just FYI.

Talking like this is probably WHY you aren't in a committed relationship - just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
when they do that, they feel insecure not sure if u r that into them. when they see u r, it all stops.
but be aware some are more insecure than others. actually these are the better ones that have some doubt.
those with serious trust issues, never trust u no matter how good u r to them.
this could very well be a genderless game. women are more qualified to say than me.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:34 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Ok, I've been wondering this for quite some time now and I would like other guy's opinions. Have you ever felt that females expect you to read their mind?

I've been seeing this girl for about two weeks now and every time I'm with her, I ask what she wants to do and she gives says something like "well we could do this or we can go here and do this. You pick." So I'm like ok, and I choose what sounds like fun to me and then she gets ticked off because I obviously couldn't read her mind and pick the one that she wanted to do.

You've got to be kidding me.

And then the other day my friend, his girlfriend, and I went to the movies (yes it was a little awkward) and she asked him to go get her a drink and then complained when he asked her what she wanted. "Wow, you seriously don't know what I want to drink? What do I always get?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! SORRY WOMAN I FORGOT IT WAS THE DUTY OF US MALES TO REMEMBER EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR LIFE.

Thank God I'm not in a committed relationship.
I never had this problem before. In fact, I had the other problem of remembering EVERY single detail they wished you would forget!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:37 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Quote:
Haha you're missing the point. But you're the woman so you're obviously right so I should just shut up.
Why so defensive?

If nothing else, you could take some tips from this thread and apply them to real life. Look at the other replies from women here - they agree that paying attention is important. I don't get why that would upset you so.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:37 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just my 2 cents...when you are going to refer to "women" as "females" it is only right and proper to use the word "males", not "guys" to describe the opposite sex.

Most people are referring to dogs or other animals when they use the word "female" anyway, just FYI.

Talking like this is probably WHY you aren't in a committed relationship - just sayin'.
?

You're saying I don't have a girlfriend because I say the world female? I never thought it was disrespectful...because I don't over think like fema...women do.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,836,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Why so defensive?

If nothing else, you could take some tips from this thread and apply them to real life. Look at the other replies from women here - they agree that paying attention is important. I don't get why that would upset you so.
I didn't mean to come off as upset because I'm not. I was just saying.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:48 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times
Quote:
Ok, I've been wondering this for quite some time now and I would like other guy's opinions. Have you ever felt that females expect you to read their mind?

I've been seeing this girl for about two weeks now and every time I'm with her, I ask what she wants to do and she gives says something like "well we could do this or we can go here and do this. You pick." So I'm like ok, and I choose what sounds like fun to me and then she gets ticked off because I obviously couldn't read her mind and pick the one that she wanted to do.

You've got to be kidding me.

And then the other day my friend, his girlfriend, and I went to the movies (yes it was a little awkward) and she asked him to go get her a drink and then complained when he asked her what she wanted. "Wow, you seriously don't know what I want to drink? What do I always get?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! SORRY WOMAN I FORGOT IT WAS THE DUTY OF US MALES TO REMEMBER EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR LIFE.

Thank God I'm not in a committed relationship.
I know what you mean as I have been down the same road myself.

Story short, when Western women go out with men, Western women expect to be catered to and chauffeured around as if they were the late princess Diana of Wales. These women don't want to lift a finger, or think, when they're out on a date; though, when these same girls are out on the town with their girlfriends mysteriously they know exactly what they want and they will pay for whatever they want themselves.

The truth, however, is two issues:

1. When women intact with men, women routinely play the role that they are helpless, stupid, and childish in order to elicit the protective response from men.

2. Men have given women the expectation that they should all be treated with such great respect without even meeting any rigid qualifications simply because they're a woman; therefore, many women believe they are privileged, and better then men, so they will treat men with contempt, or have smug attitudes when they deal with men.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that men need to learn how to qualify women BEFORE you treat them well, and men need to dump women as soon as they are unappreciative for whatevrer it is that you're doing for them.

Last edited by calicali01; 03-11-2012 at 06:57 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 06:49 PM

88,613 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Well you're one of the few then! Lately, I've noticed a lot of girlfriends and girls in general that seem to expect the guys they hang around with to read their minds.

I actually don't mind if my girlfriend yells at me for doing something that I knew was wrong, but to constantly put me in a situation where I feel like I'm going to be wrong either way isn't cool.

Yes, woman expect this because WE can read minds and don't understand why you can't. Too many mothers don't teach their daughters that if it's got a penis, it simply can't read minds. The thought process is constantly traveling from the big head to the little head and so the capacity for understanding and retainage just isn't the same as it is in females. OK, so that last part isn't exactly scientific but I had fun writing it.

Some of it can be mitigated. The guy whose girlfriend always drinks the same thing SHOULD know what his girlfriend drinks. That's not mind-reading. That's paying attention, and it doesn't take an Einstein to realize that a woman is going to be very happy if she knows that a guy pays attention to the small details that are ALL ABOUT HER.

The one who expected the guy to figure out which thing she'd rather do when she told HIM to decide is just playing games, though. No answer would have been the correct one in that case.

But, women do have to understand that most men just don't pick up on signals and non-verbal clues the way women do.

I remember reading an article about this. Women and men were shown about a dozen photos of the same woman gradually becoming sadder and sadder until at the end she is obviously sobbing with tears rolling down her face. They were asked to look at the photos and determine at what point it became obvious that the woman was distressed about something. Most women could see it by the third or fourth photo. Most men couldn't see that anything was wrong until the last few.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:01 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, woman expect this because WE can read minds and don't understand why you can't.
Are you even aware that the female brain and the male brain are developed differently?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:02 PM

88,613 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Are you even aware that the female brain and the male brain are developed differently?
Uh, YEAH, which is why that's what I pretty much pointed out in my post, the one you are quoting a little piece of and apparently only read the first sentence of...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships