Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:25 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop93 View Post
that's more like it!

lol!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Whatever I am is working for me because I don't have problems getting dates.

Do you?
I did not mean to insult you.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me guess - you're single?
He's waiting for me to give him a sign!

Old 03-11-2012, 07:33 PM

663 posts, read 1,082,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I know what you mean as I have been down the same road myself.

Story short, when Western women go out with men, Western women expect to be catered to and chauffeured around as if they were the late princess Diana of Wales. These women don't want to lift a finger, or think, when they're out on a date; though, when these same girls are out on the town with their girlfriends mysteriously they know exactly what they want and they will pay for whatever they want themselves.

The truth, however, is two issues:

1. When women intact with men, women routinely play the role that they are helpless, stupid, and childish in order to elicit the protective response from men.

2. Men have given women the expectation that they should all be treated with such great respect without even meeting any rigid qualifications simply because they're a woman; therefore, many women believe they are privileged, and better then men, so they will treat men with contempt, or have smug attitudes when they deal with men.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that men need to learn how to qualify women BEFORE you treat them well, and men need to dump women as soon as they are unappreciative for whatevrer it is that you're doing for them.
This is funny shyt, have you ever thought of being a comedian?

I don't need or want any kind of protective response from a man, nor do I believe am I privileged because I am a woman. I don't treat anyone with contempt or walk around with a smug attitude. I don't do anything 'routinely' except be myself. None of which includes acting helpless, stupid, or childish. Truly, I never do anything you describe in your post. Most women I know don't do any of these things either. Sounds like you have contempt for women, rather than all these women you seem to know treating men with contempt.

You really should not subscribe to your own generalizations.

Generalizing does not require intellect nor any imagination. It is dull, usually incorrect, and highly subjective. Your reality is not mine and as a woman, I'd rather not be included in your skewed reality. Your reality may include stupid, helpless, childish women but you chose them and your bad choices do not translate into reality for everyone else.

OP, not all women expect men to read their minds. I'm in my 40's and didn't expect it when I was younger, certainly don't expect it now. Husband's closest guy friend....his long term GF (in her 30's) does seem to expect a mind reader. She's very high maintenance and was a spoiled little princess growing up. IDK, maybe that's where it comes from.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePugx3 View Post
This is funny shyt, have you ever thought of being a comedian?

I don't need or want any kind of protective response from a man, nor do I believe am I privileged because I am a woman. I don't treat anyone with contempt or walk around with a smug attitude. I don't do anything 'routinely' except be myself. None of which includes acting helpless, stupid, or childish. Truly, I never do anything you describe in your post. Most women I know don't do any of these things either. Sounds like you have contempt for women, rather than all these women you seem to know treating men with contempt.
There are books written by men and women that back up everything I have to say, such as, The Manipulated Man.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
There are books written by men and women that back up everything I have to say, such as, The Manipulated Man.
We're all manipulated, dear. Give it a rest!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM

261 posts, read 357,533 times
You all are making me feel more appreciative of my husband. Wow.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyskies1 View Post
You all are making me feel more appreciative of my husband. Wow.
Yep, that's the place to come when you feel the need to appreciate your marriage! The ex and I used to watch Wife Swap for the same reason. Still didn't make it, though...

Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:

There are books to back up anything anyone has to say.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:27 PM

663 posts, read 1,082,182 times
Quote:
If you are going to quote me, quote my entire post or don't bother.

There are a bazillion books written about a bazillion things, it doesn't make your generalization correct. I don't do any of the things you purport, nor do I associate with women who do these things.

Anyone can write a book, why don't you? Men who like Stupid Women. Generalizing for Dummies. The Rigid Standards Women Must Meet to Earn a Relationship with CaliCali01 for Dummies. How to Dump an Unappreciative Woman for Dummies.

If you choose to include stupid, helpless, childish women in your life, that is 110% your problem. You can generalize all you want about the dumb women you choose to spend time with but don't try to fool yourself that your lousy choices = all women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships