Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:33 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Maybe it's more of an age/maturity thing.

Most women my age (mid-late 30's) don't play these games.

Me at age 51 and my friends all over age 50+ don't play these games, we don't have the time, the patience, or the energy and I never did play those stupid games; what is the point really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Next time guy listen tom leykis.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:51 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Why does it have to be all about women? A relationshi* ( I mean, relationship) is union between 2 people but yet a man has to invest considerable more time and money in a woman's life just for her to stick around and prove that he's a 'good' man.

It so unfair that it's not even worth it to date or get married anymore. What exactly do men get out of dating when fundamentally they are reduced to servants.
Relationship and dating is a womens game.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:35 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
Dump her. Pure manipulation on this woman's part. My wife used to try this on me, and she dropped it after a while when she realized that I really could not read her mind. Why women think this, I have no idea?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
I agree the guy should be paying attention, but I don't want a girl who is never firm in saying what she wants. None of this passive 'whatever you want to do' meaning, I actually want it this, but I'm not assertive enough to say so, so I expect you to be the man and take responsibility for the decision and say it for me.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:51 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, woman expect this because WE can read minds and don't understand why you can't. Too many mothers don't teach their daughters that if it's got a penis, it simply can't read minds. The thought process is constantly traveling from the big head to the little head and so the capacity for understanding and retainage just isn't the same as it is in females. OK, so that last part isn't exactly scientific but I had fun writing it.

Some of it can be mitigated. The guy whose girlfriend always drinks the same thing SHOULD know what his girlfriend drinks. That's not mind-reading. That's paying attention, and it doesn't take an Einstein to realize that a woman is going to be very happy if she knows that a guy pays attention to the small details that are ALL ABOUT HER.

The one who expected the guy to figure out which thing she'd rather do when she told HIM to decide is just playing games, though. No answer would have been the correct one in that case.

But, women do have to understand that most men just don't pick up on signals and non-verbal clues the way women do.

I remember reading an article about this. Women and men were shown about a dozen photos of the same woman gradually becoming sadder and sadder until at the end she is obviously sobbing with tears rolling down her face. They were asked to look at the photos and determine at what point it became obvious that the woman was distressed about something. Most women could see it by the third or fourth photo. Most men couldn't see that anything was wrong until the last few.
Yeah women do tend to pay more attention to things like that, but I think many men make this excuse that they 'just can't read women's minds' because they're too lazy to figure it out.

All socializing involves a bit of 'mind reading', most of it isn't rocket science...
But like I said, saying one thing and meaning another...that is playing games, and unless you like playing games don't put up with that. It shows they see you as someone who can be manipulated, not as a partner to be loved, but someone they can take advantage of.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me guess - you're single?
This line is getting old.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 AM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I agree the guy should be paying attention, but I don't want a girl who is never firm in saying what she wants. None of this passive 'whatever you want to do' meaning, I actually want it this, but I'm not assertive enough to say so, so I expect you to be the man and take responsibility for the decision and say it for me.
I learned this lesson recently. I always thought I was being agreeable by saying "whatever you want to do is fine with me", because it was fine...but I didn't realize that I may come across as wish-washy or like I never had an opinion or cared about where we ate dinner or what movie we saw, for example. I have to consciously make sure to speak up and not always say "whatever's fine" because I don't want it to seem like I'm always deferring to someone else and don't have my own opinions.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,910 times
My girlfriend does not expect me to read her mind. She's mature enough to realize I'm not going to know what she wants all the time.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Ok, I've been wondering this for quite some time now and I would like other guy's opinions. Have you ever felt that females expect you to read their mind?

I've been seeing this girl for about two weeks now and every time I'm with her, I ask what she wants to do and she gives says something like "well we could do this or we can go here and do this. You pick." So I'm like ok, and I choose what sounds like fun to me and then she gets ticked off because I obviously couldn't read her mind and pick the one that she wanted to do.

You've got to be kidding me.

And then the other day my friend, his girlfriend, and I went to the movies (yes it was a little awkward) and she asked him to go get her a drink and then complained when he asked her what she wanted. "Wow, you seriously don't know what I want to drink? What do I always get?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! SORRY WOMAN I FORGOT IT WAS THE DUTY OF US MALES TO REMEMBER EVERY DETAIL OF YOUR LIFE.

Thank God I'm not in a committed relationship.
Or when they rely on sending cute indirect messages, use body language, send someone to tell you something, etc. right? Then you are supposed to know what they are trying to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships