Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 07:11 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,588,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Most women don't expect you to read their minds. Most women hope you are paying attention, though.

I was in a relationship for over a year and every weekend we would go to the local coffee bar. I'd always get the same thing - always - but he could never remember what it was. He would ask if I wanted a coffee and I would say "yes, please" and then he'd stare at me. I never deviated from my usual, so there was no reason for him to think I wanted something special. At first it was really irritating, but then it became a running joke.
Are you that boring? You get the same drink each and every time? See, being that I'm such a dynamic and CONSIDERATE person I would always ask you what you wanted just in case you wanted to try something DIFFERENT. But no, in the eyes of a woman, I would be bad because I did not order your drink for you like a good little butler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,209,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Are you that boring? You get the same drink each and every time? See, being that I'm such a dynamic and CONSIDERATE person I would always ask you what you wanted just in case you wanted to try something DIFFERENT. But no, in the eyes of a woman, I would be bad because I did not order your drink for you like a good little butler.
Yes, if there was one word I would use to describe you based on your posts - it's considerate. Tee hee! Sorry - I'm just so dumb and stupid - I hope I didn't offend you! Now - can you rub my feet and get me a drink?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Some of it can be mitigated. The guy whose girlfriend always drinks the same thing SHOULD know what his girlfriend drinks. That's not mind-reading. That's paying attention, and it doesn't take an Einstein to realize that a woman is going to be very happy if she knows that a guy pays attention to the small details that are ALL ABOUT HER.
Why does it have to be all about women? A relationshi* ( I mean, relationship) is union between 2 people but yet a man has to invest considerable more time and money in a woman's life just for her to stick around and prove that he's a 'good' man.

It so unfair that it's not even worth it to date or get married anymore. What exactly do men get out of dating when fundamentally they are reduced to servants.

Last edited by calicali01; 03-11-2012 at 07:30 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 07:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,253,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just my 2 cents...when you are going to refer to "women" as "females" it is only right and proper to use the word "males", not "guys" to describe the opposite sex.

Most people are referring to dogs or other animals when they use the word "female" anyway, just FYI.

Talking like this is probably WHY you aren't in a committed relationship - just sayin'.
I was going to mention this long time ago, but I didn't think it was worth it...

Old 03-11-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Why does it have to be all about women? A relationship is union between 2 people but yet a man has to invest considerable more time and money in a woman's life just for her to stick around and prove that he's a 'good' man.

It so unfair that it's not even worth it to date or get married anymore. What exactly do men get out of dating when fundamentally they are reduced to servants.
Let me guess - you're single?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes, if there was one word I would use to describe you based on your posts - it's considerate. Tee hee! Sorry - I'm just so dumb and stupid - I hope I didn't offend you! Now - can you rub my feet and get me a drink?
K! ** Rubs Dewdrops silky soft feet**

** gets drink**

http://300reviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/midori-sour.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-11-2012, 07:23 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,026,108 times
Quote:

Whatever I am is working for me because I don't have problems getting dates.

Do you?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
K! ** Rubs Dewdrops silky soft feet**

** gets drink**
That's more like it!

88,734 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Why does it have to be all about women? A relationship is union between 2 people but yet a man has to invest considerable more time and money in a woman's life just for her to stick around and prove that he's a 'good' man.

THAT'S what you got out of what I said? That it has to be "all about women"? Really?

Let's try to reword this and see if you can grasp it--a woman will be happier--and therefore feel and act nicer toward the man--if he notices details about her likes and dislikes and makes an effort to remember them. If he makes her feel as though she is special enough to him that he paid attention to what she says and what she likes.

That is not "being all about women". Not even close. As a matter of fact, there should be no reason to have to point out that she should be doing the same thing for him, of course, but that's not what the OP's story was about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me guess - you're single?
Let me guess, you're trying to pull shame tactics out of your hat (i.e you're single, you can't get laid, you live with your mom... bla bla bla).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships