Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 10:29 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Yeah, i do have friends. Most don't want a guy who is 'ugly' but they aren't as particular about how he has to look. It's guys who drone on and on and on about how the chick has to have big boobs, a big ass, small waist, and other superificial traits. Even online, you have guys whining about how they can't bed the most hottest girls in their city. Most women just want to be able to find a good man who will provide security. I have yet to witness any woman on here make a thread about how she can't get the most hottest or richest men but I've seen men whine and nag about how they can't snag a supermodel. Or how their girlfriend is 'too overweight' and other crap. Men hands down are the most superficial when it comes to looks
Meh. That's easy to find in this country AND it's one of the easiest things to acquire if you want to be a part of that crowd.

Ample T&A in this country... penny a dozen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 10:41 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
It's hard not to care what they think when it affects your livelihood.

Well then that's a shame you feel that way; do you want kids? If so, that's the only way I could see this "affecting your livelihood." Even then you could adopt a child if you really wanted one. Maybe "not care" is wrong word choices, maybe it's more 'resign yourself to realizing you cannot change their thought process.' If you are an unattractive woman (even mildly) there's nothing to be done about this, these women are not desirable to men. I dunno, perhaps I just have an easier time then you accepting the type of woman I am. What kind of man are you looking for anyways? Maybe you have very crazy 'must haves' or something.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:43 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Meh. That's easy to find in this country AND it's one of the easiest things to acquire if you want to be a part of that crowd.

Ample T&A in this country... penny a dozen.
Go to wal-mart any day of the week :P

Old 05-24-2012, 10:48 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Go to wal-mart any day of the week :P
Exactly. Don't know why 'nyanna' has an issue with it. Most men do not like the anorexic look. It's no novelty by any stretch.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:50 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well then that's a shame you feel that way; do you want kids? If so, that's the only way I could see this "affecting your livelihood." Even then you could adopt a child if you really wanted one. Maybe "not care" is wrong word choices, maybe it's more 'resign yourself to realizing you cannot change their thought process.' If you are an unattractive woman (even mildly) there's nothing to be done about this, these women are not desirable to men. I dunno, perhaps I just have an easier time then you accepting the type of woman I am. What kind of man are you looking for anyways? Maybe you have very crazy 'must haves' or something.
I know I can't change people thought processes but how they treat others shouldn't be tolerated. I dont want to walk around thinking I am just undesirable to all men its a pretty pathetic existence. I wouldn't even want to wake up and get out of bed

Old 05-24-2012, 10:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Go to college. Go to lectures. Get politically active. Go to museums, art exhibits. Volunteer on an archeological dig.

Online, like I mentioned, science forums, political forums, art forums, etc.
I do all of those things! Well, replace archeological dig with volunteering at a warbirds museum

I haven't gone on a single date from any of those activities, but I do have a very large group of male friends. Yes, being friendzoned happens to women too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Exactly. Don't know why 'nyanna' has an issue with it. Most men do not like the anorexic look. It's no novelty by any stretch.
I got the most attention from men when I was 125 lbs at 6'1. Considered very underweight, especially considering my skeletal structure. I've found most men I've come in contact with prefer extremely thin women over curvy, though I'm a curvy woman and rock it

Old 05-24-2012, 11:00 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
I know I can't change people thought processes but how they treat others shouldn't be tolerated. I dont want to walk around thinking I am just undesirable to all men its a pretty pathetic existence. I wouldn't even want to wake up and get out of bed

So what is the answer then Nyanna, as far as your concerned? Because I don't see any point in going in circles about it. I walk around every day knowing I'm not as desirable as other women to men, as depressing as that may be I haven't burst into flames yet or anything. So, oh well for that. You don't seem to have a handle on the fact that life does not revolve around men. And you still didn't answer the questions I asked.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So what is the answer then Nyanna, as far as your concerned? Because I don't see any point in going in circles about it. I walk around every day knowing I'm not as desirable as other women to men, as depressing as that may be I haven't burst into flames yet or anything. So, oh well for that. You don't seem to have a handle on the fact that life does not revolve around men. And you still didn't answer the questions I asked.
I'm not sure what kind of man I am looking for because apparently whatever he is I don't deserve him.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:09 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what kind of man I am looking for because apparently whatever he is I don't deserve him.
Become friends with men. Don't put any pressure on it and don't assume you're going to date, that's what I do. Yes, it sucks being friendzoned by the majority of men out there, but I adore my guy friends and they can be pretty fun.

I think I realized this after having a mini Halo tournament with two of my guy friends (one of which I had a little crush on) and during a bit of a break one of them said 'Man, if I could find a girl who loved playing Halo I'd marry her in a heartbeat' and the other one looked at me, realized I owned a vagina and said 'only if she's hot' and they high-fived and we went on with our game.

Those guys are great friends, but I realized that I'm simply not girlfriend material so I may as well enjoy my friends and not worry about dating as much.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Become friends with men. Don't put any pressure on it and don't assume you're going to date, that's what I do. Yes, it sucks being friendzoned by the majority of men out there, but I adore my guy friends and they can be pretty fun.

I think I realized this after having a mini Halo tournament with two of my guy friends (one of which I had a little crush on) and during a bit of a break one of them said 'Man, if I could find a girl who loved playing Halo I'd marry her in a heartbeat' and the other one looked at me, realized I owned a vagina and said 'only if she's hot' and they high-fived and we went on with our game.

Those guys are great friends, but I realized that I'm simply not girlfriend material so I may as well enjoy my friends and not worry about dating as much.
Men befriend women based on how they look, sometimes if you are not attractive enough they really don't want anything to do with you even if its just platonic. I've never been good at making male friends. The only time I had some was because I met them through my best friend.

for the situation you were in, I would have been offended. this is why I don't like socializing with men because of the situation you described. they are so insensitive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships