Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 06:20 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That's a great analogy!

I'm certain my SO and I would have skipped right past each other on a dating site because our highly compatible personalities couldn't and wouldn't be evident on an online dating site.
This is the great pitfall of online dating. I haven't tried it, in part because of this. I've noticed that on forums, you get a chance to acquaint yourself with people's thinking and personality. That seems like a better way to go. But the old-fashioned way is best--through shared activities, or friends.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:22 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Well thanks.

I would but the thing between my legs, the chemical crap in my brain and that hormonal junk floating throughout my system won't let me...

In all seriousness women are far too beautiful and perfectly made too rule out.

There is nothing better then a women's undivided attention, love/lust and passion for you.
you're either really young or a virgin. pretty women come a dime a dozen bro. most if not all will have something wrong with them.. like they'll be in perfect shape and think they're fat. or have daddy issues. or don't make enough money. or a million other things.

women are just people man.. you begin to lose your edge the moment you start trying to mold yourself into someone you aren't for the sake of appeasing a woman.

also money is better than a woman's undivided attention. if you've ever had a woman's 'undivided attention' you'd know how annoying and creepy it is. with the non stop texts, calls, "where are you".. "who were you with".. ''do you love me''... "why havent i met your mom"..
woman's attention wont pay ur bills, it wont buy u a nice house, nice clothes.. unless you land yourself a rich cougar. but money will get u all that and plenty of women's attention. not a popular thing to say around these parts but its true.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i have a cousin i dearly love perfect person in so many ways but if he is not a jerk she will not date him.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:30 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i have a cousin i dearly love perfect person in so many ways but if he is not a jerk she will not date him.
Those are the women with self-esteem issues, childhood abuse issues, etc.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:32 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,492 times
I'm not an expert by any means, but these are my observations:

Almost all of the men I know in good relationships are good people. If you just want a bunch of notches on a bedpost, maybe being a bad guy works, but not if you want a lasting good relationship.

Whenever I've acted a bit too insulting or overly sarcastic on a date or with a woman, she usually is no longer as interested or interested at all. Usually if a girl likes me one of the reasons is that she thinks I'm a good person (along with other things of course).

I think a lot of times women end up with a bad guy b/c that guy fooled her into thinking he was a good person due to being charismatic. Often, girls will simply have poor judgement of a guy's character.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:04 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Just go for the plain woman whose eyes light up when she sees you walk in the door.
I'll be glad to when I find a plain woman who doesn't, instead, recoil in horror when I walk in the door.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 PM

479 posts, read 835,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I'm not an expert by any means, but these are my observations:

Almost all of the men I know in good relationships are good people. If you just want a bunch of notches on a bedpost, maybe being a bad guy works, but not if you want a lasting good relationship.

Whenever I've acted a bit too insulting or overly sarcastic on a date or with a woman, she usually is no longer as interested or interested at all. Usually if a girl likes me one of the reasons is that she thinks I'm a good person (along with other things of course).

I think a lot of times women end up with a bad guy b/c that guy fooled her into thinking he was a good person due to being charismatic. Often, girls will simply have poor judgement of a guy's character.
One has to have character; in order to discern the qualities of character in others.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:45 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
I have so many thoughts on this topic, i might have to make my own post. I'm such a stereotypical "Nice Guy" but some of my female friends have given me a different perspective. It frustrates me to no end that i never get the women i want. But i have to admit, it is a little silly to think that a woman would intentionally choose a bad person over a nice person.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:49 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Just as men desire to be the one man to conquer the ice queen, so too do women pine for being the girl to tame the savage beast.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:06 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Just as men desire to be the one man to conquer the ice queen, so too do women pine for being the girl to tame the savage beast.
Not me. I see a bunch of idiots chase after them, throwing away good dollar after bad. The movie "Body Heat" is emblematic of this. Kathleen Turner may not be icy in the sack, but she is icy in every other way. Watch the movie...it's phenomenal in every way...plot, acting, writing, locales, music...

If I could put an ice cube into the Palm Springs sun, I would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.