Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
People like what they like. Personally, Im ashamed of my gender for falling into this hype that women are so naturally unattractive or was it gross that they have to do everything possible to look attractive to the opposite sex. Foundation because their natural smooth skin is apparently to ugly to look at, mascara because they are suppose to have long think lashes, rouge and lipstick because they are ugly unless their cheek bones and lips are accentuated with color. Push up bras or fake boobs, girdles, hose, heals, waxed, plucked, tanned and on an on. Im also ashamed at the opposite gender for buying into this media perception of what beauty is to the point they believe women should look a certain way, unnatural, if they don’t use all these products.

Someone once told me a theory about the red lipstick. The wet red color is suppose to mimic a woman’s labia and thus be attractive to men.

Signed
gross unshaven hippy hag
Did you forget to read this thread? Every man here stated that they prefer a natural woman, so maybe your perception is a little bit skewed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 07:46 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,836 times
Men on this thread are betraying their datedness with all this talk of lip stick.

Young women wear lip gloss people.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:54 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Men on this thread are betraying their datedness with all this talk of lip stick.

Young women wear lip gloss people.
I was thinking that too. I'm not younger (I'm 38) but I can't recall the last time I wore lip color. I wear clear gloss because I hate the way dry lips feel.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
Now, I dont think 'I' really 'need' make up but I have seen some women who do look better with a little on compared to without.

xxbabeechick I am curious as to what kind of job you work that requires you to wear make up?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:58 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Did you forget to read this thread? Every man here stated that they prefer a natural woman, so maybe your perception is a little bit skewed?

The men here may say it (and it would be interesting to see the ages of the men posting) but everyday life proves otherwise. The girls who are made up, wearing form fitting clothing and heels with their hair done up are usually the ones getting the attention. I'd venture to say most men prefer the 'airbrushed' made up look but they probably prefer it a bit less as time goes by.

I asked my brother (he's 19) a similar question (makeup or no makeup) and he said he prefers the made up girls because you know they put effort into their appearance and aren't likely to show up in sweat pants to a date.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM

36,550 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The men here may say it (and it would be interesting to see the ages of the men posting) but everyday life proves otherwise. The girls who are made up, wearing form fitting clothing and heels with their hair done up are usually the ones getting the attention. I'd venture to say most men prefer the 'airbrushed' made up look but they probably prefer it a bit less as time goes by.

I asked my brother (he's 19) a similar question (makeup or no makeup) and he said he prefers the made up girls because you know they put effort into their appearance and aren't likely to show up in sweat pants to a date.
Thanks Jet, I was going to say the same. Although most of the men posting here said they prefer rough or LIGHT MAKEUP, one needs but to look around to see the majority of men react positively to made up women. If this were not the case there wouldnt be the market for fashion, cosmetics, hair products and such for women.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:28 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
I think I look exactly the same made up or not (because I have smaller eyes it's nearly impossible to tell I have eye shadow, eye liner or mascara on) and like I said a million times on this forum, I get hit on the most at or after the gym or riding my horse or playing tennis (aka dirty, sweaty, sans any makeup).

I think a girl who still manages to look good in the morning or after a hard work out (no makeup) in the long run is going to look attractive for the long haul.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
Just tried some mascara and it is just hideous

Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Good Lord I hope I'm not gross and dowdy! I may be scaring people!! OMG am I a hippie hag???? I AM a short train ride from Dc ya know!

I mentioned starting to wear mascara to my boyfriend and hes like WHY?!? The first thing he noticed, he said, were my eyes.

I also have freckles across my upper cheeks that I absolutely abhor and mentioned wishing they weren't there.... he LOVES them!
Guys do find freckles very cute, I know I do. What did you expect your bf to say, that he wants you to wear more makeup? That would be as smart as putting a grenade in his pants, guys don't tell girls stuff they want to change about them because they get mental over it. What if he said "yea, more makeup for you would be a good thing", he'd have a major brawl on his hands. Guys are generally smart enough to not pick fights with their girls. If you're as beautiful as Cindy Crawford you may not need makeup but most women do or they look dowdy. DC is a female paradise since the women are so ugly there that its the only place in America where women get men better looking than themselves. I have no idea what you look like but you live a charmed lifw when it comes to relationships.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,113,000 times
I would never go to work or on a date in the rough. I like my makeup. I don't wear a ton of it, but I think it makes me look prettier. It makes me feel more confident, as does my push up bra, and any other number of things women do to alter their appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships