Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 04:04 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,199,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
This is why I just get hookers. Pay them and leave, let some other sucker deal with woman problems.
If that's the case, why are you on a relationship forum in the first place? You're obviously not interested in having one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 04:13 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,396,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
If that's the case, why are you on a relationship forum in the first place? You're obviously not interested in having one.
Well obviously, they like to fantasize about a relationship while having... sex with hookers...

Just like everybody else!

Old 05-23-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Well obviously, they like to fantasize about a relationship while having... sex with hookers...

Just like everybody else!
Either that, or he's killing time while studying for finals at the junior high.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:24 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,656,715 times
I'm not a swinger - but know 2 very attractive, classy couples that do go to swing clubs and private swing parties. It goes against what I feel a committed relationship traditionally entails. However, I can accept the fact that my views are not a one-size-fits-all and everyone is entitled to exercise their own free will as agreed upon with their own partner, just as I do with mine to remain monogamous.

This is a subject that I could generally argue until I'm blue in the face, but as I grow older - meh, I'm just giving less and less of a sh*t. What really matters is me and mine.

Live and let live.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,156,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I'm not a swinger - but know 2 very attractive, classy couples that do go to swing clubs and private swing parties. It goes against what I feel a committed relationship traditionally entails. However, I can accept the fact that my views are not a one-size-fits-all and everyone is entitled to exercise their own free will as agreed upon with their own partner, just as I do with mine to remain monogamous.

This is a subject that I could generally argue until I'm blue in the face, but as I grow older - meh, I'm just giving less and less of a sh*t. What really matters is me and mine.

Live and let live.
Great Post.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,930,818 times
It is difficult to keep a happy loving sexually satisfying Marriage. Long term commitments take hard work, self sacrifice, love, and forgiveness. These qualities are not in abundance among people anymore. Many adults had an early adulthood of fun in chasing, being chased and pursued, and enjoyed a variety of sexual partners. When marriage gets challenging and life gets boring and tedious, and people get to feel like their life is slipping away, memories of this fun life in early adulthood will crop up, and many will cheat, divorce, swing, swap, etc. They want to have fun for as long as possible. Its not all that hard to figure out.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:17 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,278,120 times
The thing about "swinging" is, it almost ALWAYS involves one partner who wants to, and the other partner just goes along with it.

It's certainly not my idea of a relationship but wth...whatever floats your boat.

The fact that this guy got mad with you implies to me that you were right up there on the moral high ground, judging the hell out of him and his wife.

You may have certain moral sensibilities you like to broadcast, he may have too, in that people shouldn't judge each other.

You are judging yourself as somehow superior because you keep your pants zipped. I seriously question this as a sign of moral integrity...you may spend your spare time kicking orphans for all we know. Why would you want to look down on someone who doesn't share your own very high moral standards? It doesn't mean YOU'RE RIGHT AND THEY'RE WRONG...it just means you're different.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
The thing about "swinging" is, it almost ALWAYS involves one partner who wants to, and the other partner just goes along with it.

It's certainly not my idea of a relationship but wth...whatever floats your boat.

The fact that this guy got mad with you implies to me that you were right up there on the moral high ground, judging the hell out of him and his wife.

You may have certain moral sensibilities you like to broadcast, he may have too, in that people shouldn't judge each other.

You are judging yourself as somehow superior because you keep your pants zipped. I seriously question this as a sign of moral integrity...you may spend your spare time kicking orphans for all we know. Why would you want to look down on someone who doesn't share your own very high moral standards? It doesn't mean YOU'RE RIGHT AND THEY'RE WRONG...it just means you're different.
Actually, you captured the issue perfectly.

To me, the ethical question of swinging is 'Does it cause harm to the marriage/relationship?' And, as you state, if only one person is really into it while the other is just going with the flow to make the partner happy, then the answer is an emphatic 'yes.'

I mean, I totally get compromise. MrsCPG will let me watch a baseball game and I will let her watch one of her detective shows. MrsCPG will indulge me a visit to a civil war museum on vacation while I go with her to a fabric market without complaint. For those kinds of compromises are small ones that don't hurt anyone's feelings and only require a couple of hours sacrifice.

One cannot say the same about going to a swinger's party where body parts will be sawing in and out of other body parts. If one person is enthusiastic about it while the other is not, then it becomes a big emotional mess in a hurry. And if you really love someone, how can you be blind to your partner's vulnerabilities during the pursuit of pleasure?

I mean, if both parties are truly thrilled with the idea, sure thing. It's not for me, but it's not for me to judge who does whom on Saturday night. But as you said yourself, if someone is essentially bamboozling the other into participating, there's nothing right with that scenario.

Last edited by cpg35223; 07-11-2012 at 06:47 PM..

Old 07-11-2012, 06:30 PM

90 posts, read 106,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don't care what people do if single, I am no poster boy for morality myself, but if people want to mess around get single or stay single.

But all this has been messing with my mind recently, depressing me a bit. What happened to me at the bar, that guys viewpoint , and how so many people get divorced now and how they f... around. I know several people after years of marriage, it falling apart or where one of them cheats. It is more normal than not now.

It is all I see out there. And it scares the crap out of me and enforces my fear of even trying to find a long term commitment anymore. I am NOT gonna be the guy who's wife is trying to get some strange while I am at home. And I am not going to the guy who lets his woman get open sex from others in order to save their marriage. I am not going to be the guy who after 20 years of marriage has his wife leave him to reunite with a long lost from facebook.

I cannot understand how a guy would be alright with his woman doing other guys, even if it is supposedly that he has her heart and those other guys are just sport.

Yeah I am judgmental that way, I think those guys are loosers....

He said the world will take a dump on me if I don't grow up, I think it already has.......
Right there with you brother. I've seen couples make vows to each other & in front of God at weddings only to break them at the first opportunity. The state of marriage is quite depressing. The more $lut shaming of both female & male-$luts the better. That's the only way it'll stop.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:48 PM

14,188 posts, read 22,774,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
"I love only you in soul, the other person was just sport or business or tension release"...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships