Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 02:28 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,723 times

Advertisements

I hear online it's better for ladies. Should a woman let men do everything wink , email , ask out etc or should a lady wink at lots of men and let them take the lead after that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 02:57 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
I hear online it's better for ladies. Should a woman let men do everything wink , email , ask out etc or should a lady wink at lots of men and let them take the lead after that
I prefer to have men contact me first, but I'll initiate contact if I'm intrigued enough. Usually, I just send automated contacts (e.g. winks) first and let them send me a message if they're interested. There's a feature on POF where you can just press a button and it'll send the guy a message telling him that you're interested. Most guys will initiate a conversation with me after I send these automated messages, so I think it's a cool feature. I have also initiated contact with men before by sending real e-mails, but I don't do it very often.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:01 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I prefer to have men contact me first, but I'll initiate contact if I'm intrigued enough. Usually, I just send automated contacts (e.g. winks) first and let them send me a message if they're interested. There's a feature on POF where you can just press a button and it'll send the guy a message telling him that you're interested. Most guys will initiate a conversation with me after I send these automated messages, so I think it's a cool feature. I have also initiated contact with men before by sending real e-mails, but I don't do it very often.
Do you notice differences in the men that you start with compared to the ones that initiate with you? Do the ones that start with you seem more interested?

Old 06-01-2012, 03:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:

I've had at least 20 different women send the first e-mail in the last 4 days, by no means does that bother me or make me think they'll be easier. If they are up to what I'm attracted to I will be delighted. For all you women out there who refuse to send e-mails, just remember there are TONS who are doing it so you're disadvantaging yourself if you see someone you're interested in.

The girl I'm meeting in about an hour actually was the one who sent me the first e-mail and the one I'm meeting tomorrow did too.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:41 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Do you notice differences in the men that you start with compared to the ones that initiate with you? Do the ones that start with you seem more interested?
Yes, in general I would say that the men who initiate contact with me usually do seem more interested than men who I initiate contact with. This weekend, I'm meeting up with a guy who contacted me first, but I've also been communicating a lot with a guy who I contacted first and he suggested that we meet up this weekend as well, so at this point, they're showing similar levels of interest. I already know the second guy isn't going to work out though for other reasons, but I'm meeting up with him anyway because he's kind of hot...lol

Old 06-01-2012, 05:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
I'd say for every 10 message I get, I send out one. Of course, in the 100+ different messages I've received, maybe 15 have been worth replying to. Seems to me most of the men on POF just send one or two word messages (i.e. hi, hello, what up etc.) or something crude.

So far, I've had decent luck sending out messages.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:03 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
It probably depends on the quality of men messaging you. If you're good looking and seem like a nice person, and get say, as many as 10 a day, sorting through those is almost as much work as just messaging a guy. But then again, once you express interest...well, you've kind of 'shown your hand' so to speak. I don't know what it's really like being on the other side. Although I did do an experiment and created a fake dating profile, I didn't really talk to talk to any guys. Didn't want to get their hopes up, since I've been on the receiving end of that.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:08 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
sometimes you contact and all they does is look at the pictures and then accept or reject based on that so it's really no point. so you sit and wait for some to contact you and they are either just looking for an easy lay or located in India. then you quit the online dating attempts altogether.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 PM

10 posts, read 14,560 times
I never contact the men 1st. Especially on my 1st week on the site my inbox was crazy busy. But when I experience the dry spells, I started answering the meet me features emails sent to me. I met a few guys that way and of all the meets, the longest is the 1 I'm currently seeing. I actually can't believe we're going out for months now coz I was used to 1-2 meets tops.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Why not both? If you see someone who seems like a good match, what would stop you from initiating contact? A wink is subtle enough, see if they wink back, or email you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships